PDA

View Full Version : Arabian box

Judochop
17-09-2011, 03:30
So the Som item that raises all stats by D3 on a roll of a double on the winds of magic.

How does that work on wounds. If I start with 3 and double it, do I now have 6 wounds or 3/6 wounds?

narrativium
17-09-2011, 15:52
Your wounds characteristic would be increased to 6. The Arabyan Puzzlebox doesn't make an exception for Wounds.

Judochop
18-09-2011, 04:27
So if you get wounded it pretty much heals the charater by d3?

Dahmon999
18-09-2011, 07:58
not to hi-jack the thread but I have a side question, are the attribute changes for the rest of the game or just for that turn?

narrativium
18-09-2011, 08:43
Judochop: it doesn't heal the character so much as give them three extra wounds to lose. So, if you're a 3-Wound model which has already taken two wounds, and the box increases your characteristics by 2, you're now a 5-Wound model which has taken two wounds.

Dahmon999: it doesn't actually say. It just increases your characteristics. It does note that this is an Equilibrium effect which is in addition to the Presence effect, though... which is the closest it comes to saying either that like the Presence effect, it only lasts the turn, or that it ends when the player with the box loses Equilibrium.

So if the effect ends... you'd lose the (d3) on all characteristics. Meaning if your now 5-Wound model had taken a third wound, and the effect ended, your remaining bonus two wounds would now disappear, and you'd be killed (in the same way as a dispelled Transformation of Kadon).

If it doesn't end at the end of the turn, then (it's not one-use-only) the effect could be compounded the following magic phase. It is an enormously expensive magic item... but I'm not sure which way this goes.

Akkristor
19-09-2011, 04:42
The way I always thought it worked, the bonuses to characteristics were permanent, but you could only gain them during equilibrium. The Equilibrium effect is the ability to gain the bonuses, not the bonuses themselves, just like for the Dawnstar sword, the Presence~Dominance effects are the ability to deal more wounds, not the wounds dealt themselves (wounds dealt by the dawnsword through the Multiple Wounds dominance effect don't disappear when you lose dominance, after all).

Just my 2 cents, and first thought when i read the item.

Bodysnatcher
19-09-2011, 06:18
We play that the D3 increase is only there when a double is rolled.

So for example - 3 wound wizard gets the double and adds +2 to the wounds. Wounds go up to 5. In the following turn suffers 4 wounds. In the next turn double again but only rolls a 1 on the D3 for four wounds. Wizard dies.