PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2500,almost mono khorne.

RandomSpecific
17-09-2011, 10:55
hey all, im getting started with warriors, got the first few boxes under way.

i plan to build enough models for a competative list but i plan to write some fluff and run a theme list in casual games and was wondering on your thoughts.

casual is one thing, someone elses bitch is quite another blink.gif wub.gif

Sorceror Lord
LeveL 4
Mark of T
Disc
infernal puppet
enchanted shield
sword of might
golden eye of T

total 405

Exalted hero
mark of khorne
helm of many eyes
necrotic phylactery
dragon helm
bsb
halberd

total 199

Exalted hero
mark of khorne
juggernaut
halberd
dragon gem
charmed shield
blood curdling roar

17 warriors +bsb
mark of khorne
shield
halberds
command
banner of eternal flame

total 359

40 marauders
mark of khorne
great weapons
musician+standard

total 242

40 marauders
mark of khorne
great weapons
musician+standard

total 242

5 marauder horsemen
mark of khorne
flails
thrown spears
musician

total 116

5 marauder horsemen
mark of khorne
flails
thrown spears
musician

total 116

6 hounds
6 hounds

total 60

4 trolls

total 180

6 knights
mark of khorne
command
blasted standard

total 360

total 2500

now its not mono khorne, as much as i would love to do that, with the state of magic currently i gotta have some defense. obviously its not designed for competitive games but i think it could do ok.

send the horsemen forward first, followed by the dogs and try to tie up shooty elements and then try and redirect and just act as a screen for my blocks.

followed by the infantry and trolls with marauders on either flank of the warriors and trolls, the juggernaut will hide behind the trolls untll he can be thrown at a suitable target. there's a lot of flaming attacks around these days, and if those two can meet itll be good times Rock_emoticon.gif plus its an excuse to use the juggernaut smile.gif

knights on which ever flank has the biggest enemy presence. sorc flying around trying to stay out of trouble and picking off isolated targets as possible.

any c&c welcomed.

*i did post a similar list yesterday but cudnt edit it cus id copied the wrong one. however its not appeared yet so if it does please ignore till i can edit it out.

BigbyWolf
17-09-2011, 12:10
At first glance I'd say drop the MoK on the Horsemen, it's pretty pricey for a unit that should really be as cheap as possible.

The core and the knights are all fine, the trolls would worry me, as you'd have to keep them inside the Lords bubble.

RandomSpecific
18-09-2011, 03:51
yeah i see what ya mean, hmm maybe i could use MoS and just paint em red+gold and forget about it, use the 40 points to get another group of hounds (cutting the existing 2 down to 5 each) giving 52 points saved - 30 for new unit of hounds to 22 points left, maybe add back in the champs for the marauders.

what im concerned about is my characters set ups, the sorc seems ok but the other 2 seem lacking.

im thinking the bsb should swap to tali of preservation + biting blade and shield and the jugg guy to tali of endurance, dragon helm, pot of foolhardiness, or something to give him more real defence. but would welcome any ideas anyone has for them. as long as the mok stays on both of em and the one guy is riding a jugg im open.

incidentally how easy do you think itll be to get a single bloodcrusher jugg and convert a chaos warrior to stand on his back. thinking of quite a dynamic pose for my leader.

as for the trolls if i nominate my jugg as general (i can do that right cus its equal leadership) hell be hugging them for cover so they should get his leadership right? plus having the bsb next to them for re rolls they should be fairly safe in the opening stages of the game (hopefully)

Death_to_the_Xenos
18-09-2011, 11:16
The sorcerer is very vunerable to direct damage spells as u only has a 6+ ward and ur armor(most character killer spells ignore armor and are direct damage) so i would drop the golden eye and the sword of might and get the talisman of preservation for a 3+ ward

for the BSB i use a hero with MoK+shield+dragon helm+Talisman of endurance+Biting Blade so has a 2+ Armour save and a 5+ ward

the guy on jugger i would run with halberd+armour of destiny to have a 2+ armour and a 4+ ward
but if ur opponent doesn't have cannons/bolt throwers or strenght 7+ guys or things that ignore armour then run dawnstone+halberd+helm of many eyes or dawnstone+sword of battle

blood curdling roar isnt that good on a hero on jugger as is a shooting attack that cant be used in combat so i would swap it for stream of corruption as it can do 2d6 hits at str3 with -1 to armour in combat

drop the MoK from the horsemen and the rest of the list looks good and i think 2 units of hounds will be enough

RandomSpecific
19-09-2011, 00:29
ok with that in mind.

Sorceror Lord
LeveL 4
Mark of T
Disc
infernal puppet
charmed shield
armour of destiny

total 400

Exalted hero
mark of khorne
talisman of endurance
biting blade
dragon helm
bsb
shield

total 199

Exalted hero
mark of khorne
juggernaut
halberd
dragon gem
talisman of preservation
stream of corruption

total 249

17 warriors +bsb
mark of khorne
shield
halberds
command
banner of eternal flame

total 359

40 marauders
mark of khorne
great weapons
command

total 250

40 marauders
mark of khorne
great weapons
command

total 250

5 marauder horsemen
mark of slanesh
flails
thrown spears
musician

total 96

5 marauder horsemen
mark of slanesh
flails
thrown spears
musician

total 96

5 hounds
5 hounds

total 60

4 trolls

total 180

6 knights
mark of khorne
command
blasted standard

total 360

total 2499

Morax
19-09-2011, 16:52
You can't have 2 magic armors on your sorcerer lord. Drop the armor of destiny and grab the talisman of preservation. You can take the points you save and upgrade the throwing spears to axes as they are better at killing things.