PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Dark Elves, could use some input!

Texhnolyze
17-09-2011, 14:50
Sorceress:150
Lv2, Tome of Furion.
(got this model)

Master:148
BsB, Heavy Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Pendant of Khaeleth.
(need to buy this model)

28 Corsairs:330
Full Command, Light Armour, Sea Dragon Cloak, Two Hand Weapons,
Sea Serpent Standard. 7x4 formation
(got 20 models)

16 Crossbowmen:196
Full command, Light Armour, Shield.
(got these ones)

28 Executioners:366
Full Command, Heavy Armour, Great Weapon. 7x4 formation
(need to get command + 8 more)

5 Cold One Knights:135
Heavy Armour, Shield, Cold One, Lance.
(got these ones)

Hydra:175
(got this one)

1500pts

(I got no spare models ^^)

So I'm starting to plan on how to expand my army, and what to get for when we upgrade our games from 1k to 1.5k.

I play with 3 other friends, but we play all sorts of lists, sometimes you will face a powerlist, and sometimes just a fun list. We always have fun anyway:D

The armies my friends play are. Beastmen, Ogre Kingdoms and Dwarves! Both the beastmen and ogre player buff their army a lot with + Toughness and Strength spells. It's really hard to kill anything when they got T5 :/

So since I never really played more then games around 1000pts, I really don't know what to take.

All I know is, that the executioners aren't going anywhere, they are staying in the list :D I love the models so they are going to battle. The other thing I know is that I do not want to run a lv 4 ^^
Also, I don't want any spear warriors :D everything else is up for debate.

What lore would suit my list best ? I've tried shadow and it's ok. But fire was far more fun! :D Never really used dark Magic since they all got tons of toughness. Metal could be ok vs ogres and dwarves, but suck vs beastmen, haven't tried death yet...

Countblah
17-09-2011, 21:42
These are the list I like. Nicely balanced no overpowered units.

I wouldnt change anything.

But to be honest i dont play dark elves yet but I will keep an eye out for any comments on this list because im wondering if a list without those ugly spearmen will work.

Maybe try to put in some shades, the models are great and they are great for warmachine hunting and have the ability to kill some lone characters. Drop some of the magic items or the standard and champion in the crossbowmen.
Try to give the cold one knight a musician if you need to reform.

Cant tell you anything about the magic.

Good luck

Texhnolyze
19-09-2011, 23:19
These are the list I like. Nicely balanced no overpowered units.

I wouldnt change anything.

But to be honest i dont play dark elves yet but I will keep an eye out for any comments on this list because im wondering if a list without those ugly spearmen will work.

Maybe try to put in some shades, the models are great and they are great for warmachine hunting and have the ability to kill some lone characters. Drop some of the magic items or the standard and champion in the crossbowmen.
Try to give the cold one knight a musician if you need to reform.

Cant tell you anything about the magic.

Good luck

Thanks for the comments, I'll try to run it as it is then!

I could drop some magic items, but I dont have that many, and the ones I got feel to usefull to pass up on. I am a bit scared to drop a banner, since we run the BRB scenaris, and last time I lost a game vs ogres because my general and a standard died, and I lost due to the scenario rules:D

Could drop the champion in the crossbowmen thought, but thats like 12pts ^^

So magic, I guess I'll run shadow on the lv 2 then... Last time I could really have used the shadow debuffs to take down the ogre toughness a notch... fighting t5 ogres is scarry!

jme
20-09-2011, 01:18
Very nice list.

The one thing I would change is to drop the champion in the crossbowmen and use the points to get the enchanted sheild on the BSB so he will have a 2+ save.

A musician in the cold ones would also be useful as already mentioned.

Shadow would be my first choice for magic followed by either metal or fire.

To expand my next buy would be shades, dark riders and harpies. Great war machine hunters, re-directers and general annoyance for the enemy.

A cauldron of blood would also be very high on the list, one of the best force multipliers. Makes your executioners stubbon and gives a great boost to a unit, its also a fairly safe place for the BSB.