PDA

View Full Version : Critique my 2500pt Ogre Kingdoms tournament list

Coldblood666
18-09-2011, 06:16
LvL 4 Slaughtermaster w/ Talisman of Preservation/ Sword of anti-heroes/ Earthing Rod

Bruiser w/ BSB/ great weapon/ armour of destiny

Hunter w/ ironfist

----------------------------------------------------

8 Ogres w/ standard+musician/ ironfists
6 Ironguts w/ standard+musician (BSB and Slaughtermaster go here)

4 Mournfangs w/ heavy armour/ musician/ great weapons

Scraplauncher
Stonehorn Total: 2498

Tzeentch Lover
18-09-2011, 07:15
Hunter is doing nothing for the list, lose it for more Ironguts.

Give the Ironguts the Stndard of Discipline.

Mournfangs would like Ironfists instead of Great Weapons for the +2 armor save.

Coldblood666
18-09-2011, 15:15
Thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about the Hunter, I only intended to use him because I've recently made an awesome conversion :D

Also, the Mournfangs have great weapons because I used their ironfists for other models lol

More Guts is a good idea though, for my 3k list I'd like to bump all Ogre units from 8 to 12.

B-ROCK
20-09-2011, 03:20
Don't take ogres. Take Ironguts.

Fenrisulfr
20-09-2011, 03:37
Take 2 units of Ironguts instead of the ogres.

Maneaters are amazing, a unit of 3 at least is super scary. a unit of 5 can tear down a deployment line pretty quickly.

Ogre shooting can be pretty nasty as well. 2 units of 4 leadbelchers are gonna average 28 str 4 AP shots.

Ironblasters are also insanely brutal.

Also, take Hellheart. Period.

MrCarbohydrate
20-09-2011, 03:38
What, no Hellheart?

Okay, I couldn't resist.

I would drop the Hunter and go Ironguts over Ogres as well. Better value.

If you drop it to 3 units of Ironguts, you can probably squeeze something else decent in.

Slayerthane
20-09-2011, 15:17
Hellheart is kind of expensive for what it does in my opinion. I definitely agree with the Ironguts + Std of Discipline. This is really the only reason to take Ironguts in my opinion (i.e. the option to take a magic standard). They're not stubborn like they were in the last armybook however. Sure greatweapons are nice but I'd reather take ogres with iron fists. I'm still toying with lists myself but I'm debating going for leadbelcher spam. D6 str4 hits each, move and fire, no misfires is pretty nice for the price tag.

tmarichards
20-09-2011, 15:33
No Firebelly!?

Feefait
20-09-2011, 15:39
Are the Mournfangs one unit? I have faced units of 2 and 3, but not 4. 3 seems to be ideal.

drear
20-09-2011, 15:39
replace the hunter with a firebelly. fireball or flaming sword are helpful. as is a breathe weapon!

id try and make the ogre units bigger. and instead of a scrappy take a ironblaster. str 10 cannon shots are always good

Morax
20-09-2011, 16:39
Ditch the hunter, don't take a firebelly and get more ogres. One thing you will find is that it will be hard for you to grind down units that want to be steadfast. A unit of 12 ogres is ideal for this, or 10 with your 2 characters. They can be ranked up 4 wide, 3 deep to force your opponent to cause 6 wounds before you lose a rank and with 24 str 4 attacks you should cause enough damage to take away his steadfast.

The hellheart is one of the primary magic defense items in the book. Unlike with the banner it can completely shut down your opponents magic phase for a turn if you hit 2+ mages with it. It also doesn't stop you from buffing your own units. I would highly suggest picking it up with the points you regain from droping the Sword of anitheros and the earthing rod. I would however suggest that you get some type of magical attacks in the army to deal with etheral units or the 5 wraith build.

Your list would look like:

LvL 4 Slaughtermaster w/ Talisman of Preservation/ Hellheart/ Warrior Bane or Tormentor Sword

12 Ogres w/ standard+musician/ ironfists

Scraplauncher
Stonehorn

Total: ????

Not sure on the exact points total but it should be close to accurate. Works on a similar premise but is better equiped to handle more threats.

Feefait
20-09-2011, 20:27
Your list would look like:

LvL 4 Slaughtermaster w/ Talisman of Preservation/ Hellheart/ Warrior Bane or Tormentor Sword

12 Ogres w/ standard+musician/ ironfists

Scraplauncher
Stonehorn

Total: ????

Not sure on the exact points total but it should be close to accurate. Works on a similar premise but is better equiped to handle more threats.

No, YOUR list would like like that. lol Now of course, he did ask for critiques, and I think everyone is making some fair points.
Personally I Like his list, for the most part.. I like that he doesn't have the obligatory Hellheart and has a Hunter because he likes his model. I say go for it. Take the suggestions and alter as you see fit, but I'd hate to see oyu lsoe your initial concept.