PDA

View Full Version : WoC 2400 for tourney.

cabowers
20-09-2011, 09:19
Ok so I'm off to Throne of Skulls in a couple of weeks and looking to refine my army (say refine, possibly change depending on advice and what else I would need to paint)

The current army stands as:

Chaos Lord on Manticore with Talisman of Preservation and Crown of Command

Throgg
Wulfrik
Festus

50 Marauders with GW, Std and Mus, Mark fo Khorne
50 Marauders with HW+S, Std and Mus, Mark of Nurgle
5 Marauder Horsemen with spears and Std
5 Marauder Horsemen with spears and Std
3 Trolls

3 Dragon Ogres with Great Weapons
5 Chaos Knights with Std and Mus

Comes in at roughly 2400. Now I know some of it is sub standard but the plan is to use the knights, D.Ogres, Trolls and Manticore to hit combat quickly and tie the opponent up while my big block of Nurgle Marauders catches up. Wulfrik and the Khorne unit will come on behind the opponent and force him to either let it hit him in the rear, 40 attacks at Str 5 with +3 to CR should be enough to tilt it quickly into my favour.

What else I have available:
2 hellcannons
Various wizards (including disc mounted one)
3 x 18 Chaos Warriors of Tzeentch with HW+S, Full Cmd
3 x 20 Marauders of Tzeentch with HW+S, Full Cmd
Fully Mounted Khorne Army (2 x 15 Medium Horsemen, 2 x 10 Flail Horsemen, 11 more knights, 2 characters on juggys, Valkia)
Warshrine of Khorne
Warshrine of Tzeentch
20 Hounds
18 Chosen of Tzeentch with HW+S, Full Cmd

Plus enough Marauders to make my units up to 30s. 25 more Knights, 10 Slaaneshi chosen with GW and 54 Chaos Warriors with Halberds to make for my Slaanesh army

So what would you guys suggest I change/drop/disregard from my army.

cabowers
20-09-2011, 16:09
So should I assume that after 45 views and no comments that the build I've gone for is the optimal build out of the models I have available.

kizzer2288
20-09-2011, 16:53
I'll be going to the throne of skulls too in a couple of weeks,I'll be taking dark elves,I think you could do with maybe 2 units of 5 warhounds,maybe drop a unit of marauder horsemen for them,your a little character heavy for a GT but it can work I'd personally take a level4 sorcerer,and wulfrik and that's it.
Then if you can fit a hellcannon in or even the chosen that would make it quiet a competitive list,but then again this is all down to preference and what you feel comfortable playing with mate,hope this helps Kieran :)