PDA

View Full Version : Some confusion about the rulebooks

axabrax
20-09-2011, 18:26
It seems like quite a few of the source books are no longer available. Is this because they've been folded into the new rule book and Legions book? What about all the scenarios they contained? Gone or available somewhere? Feeling a bit confused as I'd like to get into the game but don't really know where to find all the info. Thx

Jobu
20-09-2011, 21:11
Most of the source books, and as such their contents are out of print. They have not really been incorporated into any book. The special rules and warrior profiles are on GW's site under their respective sections here (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat440132a&categoryId=800009&section=&aId=5700005).

brain_dead_1st
22-09-2011, 17:58
Apparently we are getting a treat in the autumn...

all stats are still available, http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=cat210006&categoryId=800009&section=&aId=5700005

~Revenant~
24-09-2011, 23:46
It's a bit confusing, basically most people for the last few years have used legions of middle earth, I can't remember if this contains all profiles and points cost etc ( although I think it MOSTLY does ), the book is more or less the bedrock for tournies and such, and hence a book with themed army lists from middle earth that can be allied and used stand alone etc.

With the older books, like the journey ones and then the other ones such as ruin of arnor and the like, these contain sorta more information, but I'm pretty sure LOME is the one everyone uses today for official play, but I also think some of the older books are still legal or valid if that makes sense.

GW has listed the profiles online, but they don't contain point cost which is a bit confusing because for example, with minis that came after the the army books ( for lack of a better word ), they created new units for WOTR that can be used in SBG as well, without having the WD with their points cost, but having their stats online, it's a bit redundant seeing as how WD issues tend to sell out so hunting them down for older players can be an issue outside of.....heh....other options *grins*