PDA

View Full Version : DE vs Dwarfs, wich special Character?

Glenn87
20-09-2011, 22:01
Hi, I'm playing a game of DE vs Dwarfs this week.
I want to make a fun army instead of the usual double hydra-pendand Dreadlord-OP stuff.

That's why I'm taking a SC as general!! It's 2K, and I know I could take Morathi, but I don't want that, as She'll get shot to pieces by a cannon turn 1 probally.

It's between Malus Darkblade (and a unit of 10 Cold One Knights with FC and maybe a magic banner)

and:

Lokhir Fellhart (with a bodyguard of (probally) 40 Corsairs with 2 hand weapons, fc and frenzy banner).

Wich one should I take?

Don Zeko
20-09-2011, 22:04
Malekith is probably better than either of them, but none of the DE special characters are particularly cost effective. Between those two, however, I'd take Malus.

Glenn87
20-09-2011, 22:08
yeah, I know they're overcosted, but I've got the models lying around here and just playing a friendly game. Really want to use either one (would take both If 25% would allow it, but they're barely to many points).

Besides, Malekith costs 600+ points, WITHOUT the dragon. Max 500 points on lords at 2K

Don Zeko
20-09-2011, 22:55
Oh, I was thinking 2500 points there. My bad.

herohammer
20-09-2011, 23:25
Lokhir will be good against dwarves as they take blocks up to 40 strong regularly and rarely run them wider than 5 across meaning lots of ranks for him to get bonus attacks off of.

Don Zeko
20-09-2011, 23:47
Dwarfs don't run Hordes? Huh?

Glenn87
21-09-2011, 11:07
Yeah, I've actually never red ALL the things lokhir does, I've only ever used him once, in my very first game when I started playing again last year.

Hadn't noticed he re-rolls failed to wound, hadn't noticed he regenerates, and forgot in the game that he causes Terror.

He's the first choice right now, let's give lil' Lokhir another try!! (his unit having to fight a 10 man strong Chosen 3+ ward save unit didn't help alot either).

2 Questions:
* for his Blade, does the front rank count? so if a unit has 20 models in a 5*4 formation, would he get 4 extra attacks?

* How should I make his 'bodyguard'. Going to take corsairs with the Frenzy banner and 2 hand weapons. But take a small unit of 20, or large unit of 40? Put the BSB with them and give him a magic banner (Hydra banner perhaps?)

kyussinchains
21-09-2011, 12:20
2 Questions:
* for his Blade, does the front rank count? so if a unit has 20 models in a 5*4 formation, would he get 4 extra attacks?

yup, the wording is very clear, he gets an extra attack for every rank in the enemy unit

* How should I make his 'bodyguard'. Going to take corsairs with the Frenzy banner and 2 hand weapons. But take a small unit of 20, or large unit of 40? Put the BSB with them and give him a magic banner (Hydra banner perhaps?)

Against Dwarfs you will need the numbers to absorb shooting casualties so I'd go with the 40 strong option.... the BSB would be better in the unit with the armour of darkness and whip of agony, he'd be a guaranteed first combat kill if he had the hydra banner, this way he's quite survivable and has a nice -3 save modifier to help cut through dwarf armour

if you think you can get spells through, a sorceress with shadow and mindrazor is always useful for corsairs.....

Glenn87
21-09-2011, 12:27
yup, the wording is very clear, he gets an extra attack for every rank in the enemy unit

Against Dwarfs you will need the numbers to absorb shooting casualties so I'd go with the 40 strong option.... the BSB would be better in the unit with the armour of darkness and whip of agony, he'd be a guaranteed first combat kill if he had the hydra banner, this way he's quite survivable and has a nice -3 save modifier to help cut through dwarf armour

if you think you can get spells through, a sorceress with shadow and mindrazor is always useful for corsairs.....

Yeah, the 3th character I'm taking is a Supreme Sorceress lvl 4 with Shadow.

kyussinchains
21-09-2011, 12:54
the threeth character huh? :p

sorry couldn't resist