PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King Chariots + Ptra's Incantation of Righteous Smiting

b4z
20-09-2011, 23:19
Just a quick one really...

Tomb King Chariots = D6 Impact Hits

Lore of Nehekara, Spell 3, Ptra's Incantation of Righteous Smiting =
The Target's Attacks are Increased by 1 until the start of the caster's next Magic phase (this inclues the Attacks of mounts or models crewing a warmachine, chariot, monster etc).

Chariot Crew = +1 Attack each... fine
Chariot Horses = +1 Attack each... fine

But... Chariot Impact Hits = +1 ??? [To give D6+1]

Yes or No?

colonel kane trine
20-09-2011, 23:28
No impact hits arent attacks and dont attacks require an initiative value? Something a chariot doesnt have? id say only the horses and crew get +1 attack

Yrrdead
21-09-2011, 00:05
ckt has it. Impact hits are a special rule. In the format Special Rule (X) where x is defined inside the Impact Hit rules.

On a related note. I've seen this ruled as only giving an additional attack to something that already has an attack. Which isn't airtight but helps to get the point across. So you don't run into things without Initiative or WS or neither with an attack.

Mr_Rose
21-09-2011, 00:13
Huh. I half-thought that this would be a thread about supporting attacks, and why chariots get monstrous ranks but not monstrous support again.

As for the actual question; yeah these guys have it: Impact Hits, despite being inflicted in close combat and counting towards combat resolution, are not Attacks nor are they normally even based on a model's Attacks characteristic.

b4z
21-09-2011, 12:33
Well the uncertainty came from this :

Rulebook, Page 71, Last Paragraph
"...Impact Hits are close combat attacks (albeit an unusual type)..."

Korraz
21-09-2011, 13:09
The incantation gives one attack. Not a special attack.

b4z
21-09-2011, 22:42
Hmmm... Not entirely convinced by the arguments presented thus far i have to say.

[Note: I am perfectly fine it NOT giving +1 Impact Hit]

Mr_Rose
21-09-2011, 23:00
What's so complicated about something that adds to a models Attacks characteristic not affecting a special rule that doesn't normally use said characteristic at all?
"Attacks" are a characteristic; "attacks" are what happen in close combat and are normally based on the characteristic.

Also, p.71 also says to distribute impact hits "as shooting attacks" which indicates, to me at least, that they are using the word attack with the generic English meaning rather than the specific Warhammer one….