PDA

View Full Version : Casket of Souls

Gabacho Mk.II
21-09-2011, 05:13
What is the proper base size for this model?

I have seen 3 different ways, from 100mm X 100mm, to a chariot base.

I thank you guys in advance. :)

Glen_Savet
21-09-2011, 06:28
Seeing as they are warmachines, and don't come with a base... however you want to base it is the proper base.

Maltor
22-09-2011, 01:03
The TK book say the dias of bone is its base size.

Gabacho Mk.II
22-09-2011, 05:19
Soif it is based on a chariot base or similar, that would be allowed?

Again, I dont mean to be rude or picky, just attempting to gain some answers........:D

Maltor
22-09-2011, 05:47
I took a measurement and my casket model is 60mm x 75mm. I don't use a base at the model works well without one. By the way, you may want to modify the model a bit to add a light coming out of the sides of the casket. One conversion I've seen uses Necron Gauss weapon green cylinders cut up thinly with small strands of cotton fluff. Looked really cool.

From a game point of view, as long as you only counted the actual dias size gameplay wise, have at er on the base.

PS. I wasn't sure if you saw the note in the Casket Entry.

Yrrdead
22-09-2011, 06:46
As far as footprint goesm it doesn't matter. By that I mean with a warmachine like the casket you gain no advantage by placing it on a larger or smaller base. So as no base comes with it feel free to do what you like, confident that no one will mind.

hamsterwheel
22-09-2011, 14:55
As far as footprint goesm it doesn't matter. By that I mean with a warmachine like the casket you gain no advantage by placing it on a larger or smaller base. So as no base comes with it feel free to do what you like, confident that no one will mind.

The only advantage I can think of is giving the model a larger front arc since Light of Death is a DD spell.

Yrrdead
22-09-2011, 14:59
The only advantage I can think of is giving the model a larger front arc since Light of Death is a DD spell.

It is a war machine. So is the front arc on a warmachine with no base infinite or zero? The answer is it doesn't matter. Since they (including the Casket) pivot towards their target.

hamsterwheel
22-09-2011, 15:37
It is a war machine. So is the front arc on a warmachine with no base infinite or zero? The answer is it doesn't matter. Since they (including the Casket) pivot towards there target.

I would normally agree but it's a warmachine that doesn't shoot. Warmachines have permission to pivot before shooting and it's own rules do not give it permission to pivot before casting the spell.

Yrrdead
22-09-2011, 15:39
Did you check the Tomb Kings FAQ which addresses this very subject?

hamsterwheel
22-09-2011, 15:45
Did you check the Tomb Kings FAQ which addresses this very subject?

Thank you, I did now.

Yrrdead
22-09-2011, 16:04
Sorry for the snarky tone, I blame early morning post :( .