PDA

View Full Version : Dark eldar tantalus thoughts

Akatsuki
21-09-2011, 13:49
Well, what are your thoughts on the new dark eldar tantalus, like what do you think of the model and what are your predictions on the rules?

Techpriest
21-09-2011, 14:09
I have seen the model and it looks beautiful. Very sleek and keeps to the design of the new army look. As for the rules, I am guessing it is going to be some kind of Heavy Gun Boat. Some kind of Large Blast Template Weapon.

fritsk
21-09-2011, 14:09
It looks very cool. But I'd like to see a comparison shot with a reaver/ravager first.

Str10_hurts
21-09-2011, 14:13
2 super heat lances?

Edit: and super cool! might even use it as a bomber!

eldargal
21-09-2011, 14:45
I love it, going to buy two to start with, one for my Archon and one for my Succubus. It fits the established aesthetic, is elegantly designed and for the size and complexity is reasonably priced. In my opinion. I wis hthey would hurry up and put it up for sale.

Ghazbad_Facestompa
21-09-2011, 23:52
I don't care what the rules are like, my Archon just needs a pimped-out ride.

luchog
22-09-2011, 02:31
Absolutely want! One of the best DE models so far, and definitely as good as anything else FW has created. Going to be very interesting to see what rules they give it.

Tordeck
22-09-2011, 05:21
The Tantalus is so awesome looking that I guess I will finally have to break down and by some overly expensive Forgeworld.

MajorWesJanson
22-09-2011, 05:41
I may pick one up but leave the gigantic blades off the bottom.

maraxis
23-09-2011, 19:16
Think it will make an excellent Diaz of Destruction...

Ravenous
23-09-2011, 19:33
Its pretty clear that its a mobile webway portal, to bad its FW.

Sildani
24-09-2011, 01:25
Think it will make an excellent Diaz of Destruction...

Only way to tell would be to get him liquored up and turn him loose in the sculpting studio...

Emerald Flame
31-10-2011, 02:54
I want one!!! Now I just have to figure out how to afford one.... Here in the U.S. ordering one with run me... $157.40. Ouch...

I think my piggy bank will have to work overtime to afford this one. I just picked up a Reaper (a Christmas gift from my wife).

If I get some money for the holidays... Maybe the Tantalus will also be on my field.

LonelyPath
31-10-2011, 12:42
Emerald, the thing is pretty huge on the table, you certainly get your money's worth. A friend of mine ordered one and I am very impressed with it and may get one myself, though it doesn't fit the theme of my coven DE army.

Emerald Flame
31-10-2011, 13:35
... though it doesn't fit the theme of my coven DE army.

The problem that I have right now is that I do not have a really firm grasp of the theme that I want to follow. Right now I am looking at a mixed army. I like Lilith though so I might go with a WychCult army or I might just go with an "Alliance" army theme in which there is a balance of all of the components.

I am still looking at Corsairs as an option... I just need to find out more about their composition.....

Either way... I really like the look of the Tantalus and I think that it would look awesome on the field.

Okuto
31-10-2011, 13:40
I thought FW scrapped production of it to focus on other projects.....

colonel kane trine
31-10-2011, 13:40
I like it but thats about it I wont be buying it or anything

AmKhaibitu
31-10-2011, 14:28
I'll be placing my order on saturday as well as for IAA2nd.

I want one, and since the rules for the Reaper (of which I currently have one) and Tantalus are also in the book, I need that as well.

As much as I might want to pick up a lot of new necron stuff, the way things are it's much more financially viable for me to go forgeworld for my GW needs.

Hovey
01-11-2011, 19:25
So I have the book. (this is off memory, but I'm sure its correct)

just over 200 points (apparently saying the exact number is bad)
12/12/10 TANK - open topped fast skimmer
Ariel Assault, Aether Sales, Flicker Field
Special gun is equal to 2x Disintigrators (has 2 of them, so 4x Disintegrators)
16 dude transport Heavy support slot, or Dedicated transport for the Court
Can do fly bye, against non-vehicles D6 Str7 ap2 hits, against vehicles a Str 7 hit with +D6 armour penatration

I;m getting one for Christmas!

Haravikk
01-11-2011, 22:53
Meh, it's fine, but it doesn't seem like a good fit for Dark Eldar; a bigger vehicle is just asking to shot to pieces. Fine as a kind of command-barge I suppose, but I still think Raiders, Ravagers and Venoms give the right feel, being largest numbers of relatively weak but super-fast ships.

It's better than the Reaper at least, which is one of the ugliest things I've seen Forge World produce; doesn't suit the army at all.

Hovey
02-11-2011, 22:18
Meh, it's fine, but it doesn't seem like a good fit for Dark Eldar; a bigger vehicle is just asking to shot to pieces. Fine as a kind of command-barge I suppose, but I still think Raiders, Ravagers and Venoms give the right feel, being largest numbers of relatively weak but super-fast ships.

It's better than the Reaper at least, which is one of the ugliest things I've seen Forge World produce; doesn't suit the army at all.

Very confused. Seems like your saying Apocalypse/Forge World/Imperial Armour, should never make anything for Dark Eldar. The whole point is to get things for a bigger and nastier scale.

I honostly love the flavour of the Reaper, its a gun that disables running vehicles instead of destroying them, so you can "acquire" its cargo.

The Tantulas, has army center piece written all over it.

Emerald Flame
02-11-2011, 23:42
I cannot see large ground-pounding tanks as being part of the Dark Eldar army... but a large sleek fast-moving skimmer seems to fit the army to me.

I am starting to compile my army now. I have a Reaper and I hope that Santa is generous this year. ;)

I am planning on focusing on building the core of my army, before I buy the big toys..... then again... Who knows.