PDA

View Full Version : HELP: Getting back into 40K

le_quack
21-09-2011, 14:17
hey,

Thinking about getting back into 40k. I used to collect and play as a kid (back when 3rd edition was played and 4th edition was looming on the horizon) I've picked up the latest rule book and been flicking through it I just can't decide on an army. Also I'm a bit out of the loop on what's happening with codex's and models. What's new what's old what's new what coming out soon etc etc
Any help on things that might be useful for some1 who's been out of the loop for a few years

cheers

J

Str10_hurts
21-09-2011, 14:31
1. Go to www.gamesworkshop.com
2. Look through the armies an choose the one you like the most.
3. Necron models and dex is looming behind the horizon
4. So is 6th edition

grey knights rock
21-09-2011, 14:55
Blood anges, Imperial Gaurd, and Space wolves are the most powerful armies right now. grey knights is close though to them in power. Dark eldar have just been updated and have a good codex and amazing models. Black templars are still in the middle. dark angels are below the middle. tau, necrons and chaos are at the bottom right now. if I forgot any they are probably in the middle to lower middle are.

le_quack
21-09-2011, 15:55
Blood anges, Imperial Gaurd, and Space wolves are the most powerful armies right now. grey knights is close though to them in power. Dark eldar have just been updated and have a good codex and amazing models. Black templars are still in the middle. dark angels are below the middle. tau, necrons and chaos are at the bottom right now. if I forgot any they are probably in the middle to lower middle are.

might have a look at the dark eldar codex when I'm next in a GW store, I just didn't want to pick an army that I was going to have to start again or heavily modify after a new codex comes out a few months down the line. I was looking at imperial guard seem to have some new awesome looking vehicles.

Balerion
21-09-2011, 18:12
Blood anges, Imperial Gaurd, and Space wolves are the most powerful armies right now.
You might give the guy 3rd edition deja vu. Well, except for the Imperial Guard part...

Charistoph
21-09-2011, 21:05
Dark Eldar, Space Puppies, Imperial Guard, and Blahd Ahngels are all in low contention for being redone anytime soon.