PDA

View Full Version : WoC 3K, Trying Competative and Not Cheesy

phoenixcrh
21-09-2011, 20:05
General.
Lord.
Sorcerer lord, level 4, mark of tzeentch, disc of tzeentch, third eye of tzeentch, stream of corruption, crown of everlasting conquest, infernal puppet, dragonhelm = 450.

Hero.
Exalted hero, BSB, mark of tzeentch, disc of tzeentch, talisman of preservation, favour of the gods, shield = 220.

Core Units.
2*24 chaos warriors, shields, mark of tzeentch = 808. (6*4)

2*5 chaos warhounds = 60.

Special Units.
*24 chosen, halberds, mark of tzeentch, standard bearer, banner of rage = 511. (6*4)

*12 chaos trolls = 540. (4*3)

Rare Units.
*2 hellcannons = 410.

= 2999.

Models 100 + 2 war machines.

Morax
21-09-2011, 20:51
General.
Lord.
Sorcerer lord, level 4, mark of tzeentch, disc of tzeentch, third eye of tzeentch, stream of corruption, crown of everlasting conquest, infernal puppet, dragonhelm = 450.

The crown is not going to protect him from enemy shooting. The first flaming shooting attack will take away the regen and then he is one cannonball away from paste. I know you are going for competative and not cheesy but you can do this by giving him a 3++ save and not taking the crimson armor of dargan. Dedicated cannon/catapult will still kill him but he will be much harder to kill. You can do this by taking the golden eye of tzeentch instead of the crown and it even saves you a few points.

Hero.
Exalted hero, BSB, mark of tzeentch, disc of tzeentch, talisman of preservation, favour of the gods, shield = 220.

With the disc of tzeentch he becomes a calvary model. You have no calvary units in the list. Dropping the disc and keeping him the same would only help your list. I'd probably give him a halberd instead of the shield but that's just me, there are reasons to take both.

Core Units.
2*24 chaos warriors, shields, mark of tzeentch = 808. (6*4)

2*5 chaos warhounds = 60.

Special Units.
*24 chosen, halberds, mark of tzeentch, standard bearer, banner of rage = 511. (6*4)

*12 chaos trolls = 540. (4*3)

Rare Units.
*2 hellcannons = 410.

= 2999.

Models 100 + 2 war machines.

Other then the above, should be a hard list while staying away from the uber-cheese.