PDA

View Full Version : my 1250 woc vs tomb king

zielonkak
21-09-2011, 23:47
hey all im getting back into the game and im new to 8th edition...just wondering what you guys think about my chaos 1250 against a tombking...

Hero-
exalted, MOK, Juggernaut, Fury of the blood god, armor of morrslib--230

sorcer--85

core-
warriors of chaos 15----225
shields, FC, khorne--------------------300

mauraders 25------100
GW, Khorne, FC-------------------------175

Warhounds 6-----------30

warhounds 6------------30

Special---
Knights 5---------200
FC, MOK

Chariot---------120

Please let me know what you guys think

RandomSpecific
22-09-2011, 12:13
Hero-
exalted, MOK, Juggernaut, Fury of the blood god, armor of morrslib--230

you cant take any magical items if you take fury, so this build is illegal as is. but as for what your trying, he needs at least a halberd for a weapon and in this points range id drop the jugg too, i love them but they are hard to hide untill they can be effective.

sorcer--85

naked is not good, your TK opponent may well have naked characters but its different for us. he needs some kind of protection, otherwise any of the random things that happen to mages and characters in general pretty much mean hes toast. the mark of Tzen is good coupled with one of the protective talismans have a look around at the various builds people use, but definitly tool him up to serve a definite purpose.

core-
warriors of chaos 15----225
shields, FC, khorne--------------------300

the mark of khorne means you lose the parry bonus ward save. i sugest keeping the shields and taking halberds (stats say better than additional hand weapons, much to my disgust) or trading the mark for Mark of Tzen. you dont have to do this at all mok is great on units but if you want to run just sword n board, take mark of tzen. otherwise get offensive and stick to mark of K

mauraders 25------100
GW, Khorne, FC-------------------------175

too small, but only just. i suggest upping this to at least 30, and prepare to be patient with this unit, it can often get smacked down before it gets used fully due to a lack of any save but when it preforms, it tends to wreck things.

Warhounds 6-----------30

warhounds 6------------30

hounds are good usefull additions to any army, but you want them as basic as possible, ie lose the 6th and consider dropping one of the units till larger games if you need points elsewhere.

Special---
Knights 5---------200
FC, MOK

a good solid unit that will bring the pain if used correctly. will be targetted so try to be carefull with their placement and use but if you pull off a decent charge with them, itll be good times.

Chariot---------120

personally im not too keen on chariots, rarely ever got any milage out of em, but some people love them, for 15 points more you can have 3 trolls, a unit more resilient and infinitly better without the charge. use the chariot thou if you want to, you may find them awsome, salt required with this one :)

Please let me know what you guys think

changes need to be made, mostly in the character dept as well as a focusing of your core, imo. i think focusing on one character (ultimately a mage due to not wanting to get bagged n tagged in the magic phase) and using the points on more guys is the way to go personally in this points range.