PDA

View Full Version : 1500pts DE

Dirty Mac
22-09-2011, 04:49
Might have a 1500pt game coming up this weekend against HE, so i was thinking of running this list.

28 Corsairs FC SSS 340

Sorc lvl 2 185 dark
ToF
Seed of Rebirth
Guiding Eye

20 Xbow, Shields Mus 225

Sorc lvl2 fire 185
lifetaker
powerstone

20 Warriors 160
FC gleaming pennant

5 Shades AHW 85

5 Shades AHW 85

Hydra 175

5 Harpies 55

What do you guys think?

Dr Bannana
22-09-2011, 16:36
With regards to your magic, I would consider swapping your two sorceresses for a supreme sorceress with the PoK, sacrificial dagger and the guiding eye, with shadow magic, that frees up some points for a combat hero (who might as well be a bsb) which you would find useful imo. If you do include one, I would put him with the regeneration armour and the dragonbane gem, sea d cloak and halberd. 3 strength 5 attacks at i7 is formidable, and with the armour he will be a lot more durable.
The downside to one caster is losing concentration, fewer targets for your enemy, etc, but thats another debate.
You seem to be spending a lot of points in core, I feel that, while DE core is better than HE core certainly, and bodies are an advantage, special is still where it's at.
To remedy this, I would keep the warriors, but change the banner to a Banner of Murder. Make the Crossbowmen into a 20 man unit with shields, a musician and standard. Put the Sorceress in them. DE shooting is lethal against HE,with the AP so be sure to make the most of it.
This is your required core choice. While i like Corsairs, i feel that there are better options to be had when going against HE (BG).
As such, I would also replace the Corsairs with a unit of 14 (7x2) BG with the Banner of Hag Graef. ASF means you will go 1st against anything but PG and DP, and this will massacre stuff like SM. The A3 of the Corsairs isn't really needed against HE, and BG get s4, i6, and ASF with the banner, for only a few more points.
Finally, I think 2 units of Shades and one of harpies is a bit overkill, unless he fields a LOT of missile troops (which I don't know, he might). For this reason, i would drop the harpies at least, it not one of the two units of shades.
Two hydras would be effective, but you might be trying to stay away from this for friendliness/model reasons/etc.

All these changes also leave you with a few spare points, do whatever you want with them.

The reason for shadow magic is to make your shooting more effective (withering) and okkams (amazing for elves) plus you can get your sorc out of trouble by swapping her for the bsb.

Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

Dirty Mac
22-09-2011, 23:41
Hey, thanks for the reply.

I have used shadow before and i don't like it to be honest, pit of shades is useless against I5 elves, okkams seems ok, i've never rolled it.
and if i did put the sorc in the xbow, i wouldn't use the sac dagger on them.

The warriors hopefully wont see combat if i can keep the sorc alive, so the re-rollable ld test seems like a better option for me. The ASF banner means that i get to re-roll misses, if my Init is equal or higher, and BG are I6 so it negates most HE re-rolls, but

A: ASF doesn't cancel ASF, we just both attack at the same time.
B: Black guard are warrior elite, and get to re-roll missed hits anyway
C: My whole army gets to re-roll missed hits against HE ,thanks to Eternal hatred.

Both BG and corsairs are T3, plus corsairs have a 4+ against shooting, and spells.
they will have ranks in CC, cause they are cheaper and they are slavers for the enemy break test.

Cheap core means i can hopefully out deploy him, and shades are awesome, he has no answer to them. he hates them.

Oh, and i only have 1 Hydra, and i am still putting it together, i am proxying it for now.

Dr Bannana
23-09-2011, 06:44
the way i saw it, asf cancels and you strike first on inititiative (GWs for HE special infantry, so corsairs +BG is going to destroy wL or SM, obviously not PG though). I shall check this in the BRB
so warrior elite wouldnt be wasted.

if you want to use corsairs, go ahead and use them, but shadow magic is so awesome on them it would be a shame not to take it.
however, i would still try to squeeze asf bg in there somewhere, they staughter SM so badly

Dirty Mac
23-09-2011, 10:56
the way i saw it, asf cancels and you strike first on inititiative (GWs for HE special infantry, so corsairs +BG is going to destroy wL or SM, obviously not PG though). I shall check this in the BRB
so warrior elite wouldnt be wasted.

if you want to use corsairs, go ahead and use them, but shadow magic is so awesome on them it would be a shame not to take it.
however, i would still try to squeeze asf bg in there somewhere, they staughter SM so badly

I understand, and i checked the rules about ASF, we would strike at the same time, if we both have ASF. if it was a larger points game, for sure i would take BG , with banner of murder, 12 CoK with ASF banner, and a lvl 4 and a lvl 2, and a COB, i just can't at these points.
Thanks though, i mean this thread got 80 views, but you were the only one that responded

tmarichards
23-09-2011, 16:02
If both parties have ASF you strike at the same time, there's no further breakdown- having ASF just puts you onto a higher plane of existence...

Dr Bannana
23-09-2011, 19:01
Just looked back on my post, some of it's total crap, i dont know why i thought asf applied to the corsairs too, and you are right about the asf. morning sleepiness...

Dirty Mac
25-09-2011, 08:15
Well i just ran this list against the High Elves. I basically destroyed him and he conceded after the top of turn 2.