PDA

View Full Version : whats the best set up for skaven lord

lector#1
22-09-2011, 07:25
hey guys what is the best set up to have a crazy combat lord who wont die at the hands of any old champion just got an idea for about 1500 points army so a psycho lord is all i really need going to have a large unit of storm vermin and atleast!! 1 doomwheel

thanks in advance

ftayl5
22-09-2011, 10:15
Best combat setup...
You want a Warlitter firstly.
Then a 4+ ward save talisman
Weeping blade is nice
Shield

OR
Warlitter
100pt weapon cant remember the name - does D6 wounds S10 but also hurts him.

SVKBaki
22-09-2011, 10:24
Weapon which gives ASF with his 4A at I7 means high possibility of reroll which is nice, and is much cheaper than fellblade (100 points weapon) + you have points for stregth potion for instance.

lector#1
22-09-2011, 10:49
or is there a special character that would do better??

BlackPawl
22-09-2011, 13:02
You could take Queek - his 6 armor save ignoring attacks are quite good. But as his only defence he has a (better) warlock armor, so he can get killed by normal troops.
With him you could upgrade your stormvermin (S5), but with 1500 points it is very expensive.

You can also try this:
Warlord, Shield
Bonebreaker
World Edge Armor
Rival Hide
Potion of Strenght
Weeping Blade / Blade of Corruption

Ward.
22-09-2011, 15:15
If you're taking storm vermin you might as well take queek.
For the points of a litter, lord and items you could get 4 chieftans with great weapons.

popisdead
23-09-2011, 20:26
Another Greyseer.

rahtep888
25-09-2011, 14:14
Warlords often lose out to Grey Seers, but try out these combinations:

Warlord: Fellblade, War-Litter, Shield (for character/monster killing power)

Warlord: Warlock-Augmented Weapon, Shield, Rat Ogre Bonebreaker, Talisman of Preservation (pretty good at killing units, but not amazing)

And finally one I use for fluff rather than competitiveness (included just for fun, you understand...)
Warlord Vettock Manbane of Clan Eshin: Rival-Hide Talisman, Weeping Blade, Armour of Silvered Steel (an unusual and possibly weak combination, but fun for fluff games).

Hope the first two help, anyway.

Oogie boogie boss
25-09-2011, 19:53
I like to give him a shield and an Warlock Augmented Weapon, stick him on a Rat Ogre Mount and give him the Shadow Magnet Trinket for shooty survivability. That gives you 5 St 5 attacks, plus the rat Ogre. Or put him on foot, Shield of Distraction, Foul Pendant and the Blade of Corruption. And Skalm.

MrCarbohydrate
26-09-2011, 02:58
Another Greyseer.

Pretty sure this is the most effective answer.

Sexiest_hero
26-09-2011, 10:20
Another Greyseer.

Sigh as much as I respect you Popisdead, tha'ts not the most helpful of answers.

To the OP, It depends on what you want your lord to do. I like a cheap lord on pox rat with poison attacks for a toxic theme. Or a lord with helm of discord and portents of doom in a unit with the Skaven banner of -1 leader ship for a -2 over all. If you have throt you can get them down to -4 ld checks. You can run the wizarding hat for bsb lores as well.

Haravikk
26-09-2011, 10:43
War-litter, halberd, and a 5+ or 4+ Ward Save should be plenty.

As with all Skaven combat characters I'd recommend against over-investing on points. A halberd is a perfectly good weapon choice for a Warlord, and it's cheap. Even the war-litter I'm dubious about, but it looks cool, to be fully optimal though I'd just stick him on foot and avoid challenges you know will kill you, this way you don't have to invest too heavily in defensive items either.

You only really want to be investing points in a Grey Seer or BSB for survivability, everything else works best cheap and cheerful, though you should always feel free to take the cool and fun options if you've got the models :)

warplock
26-09-2011, 12:48
whats the best set up for skaven lord

Tell him you'll swap fifty slaves for three of your finest rat ogres, and when he comes to collect them you open fire with three warp lightning cannons while the rat ogres round up his slaves.

Sexiest_hero
26-09-2011, 13:11
Tell him you'll swap fifty slaves for three of your finest rat ogres, and when he comes to collect them you open fire with three warp lightning cannons while the rat ogres round up his slaves.

Bada bing!