PDA

View Full Version : Dark Angel Techmarine

Nocculum
22-09-2011, 13:06
This is a 'what if' and 'would you let' sort of thread.

Simple really, would you object if I played my Techmarine as having Bolster Defences as per the Codex Marine equivalent?

Mozzamanx
22-09-2011, 13:14
I wouldn't have a problem, if the Techmarine was identical in all ways to the standard one. This includes 1W, 1A and all wargear options, as well as the relevant cost. Also this would only apply to standard games at the local store or club.

Tournaments are book-as-written I'm afraid, and I would insist you follow the rules.

omegoku
22-09-2011, 15:23
Only if you let my chaplain have 3 wounds, BS 5, I 5, etc
I miss my old 3 W chaplain
Oh, and my Assault Marines want Furious Charge for 3 points a model too

witchunter180
22-09-2011, 15:36
DA don't have techmarines? Wow I need to go back and read their 'dex lol Given the recent updates, I would think most players wouldn't mind it.

pun3d
22-09-2011, 16:08
They do have techmarines they can take one for each vehicle.

Grand Master Raziel
22-09-2011, 17:15
I wouldn't have a problem, if the Techmarine was identical in all ways to the standard one. This includes 1W, 1A and all wargear options, as well as the relevant cost. Also this would only apply to standard games at the local store or club.

We pay 25pts more for a Techmarine than vanilla players, and our Blessing of the Omnissiah rule is worse, and did not get brought up to speed in the FAQ the way the rest of our stuff did. With the servo-harness, our Techmarine is actually exactly like the vanilla Master of the Forge, except with a worse BotO rule and no Bolter Defenses, though he does get a power weapon as standard equipment.

de Selby
22-09-2011, 17:33
I suppose I might but this is sort of the thin end of the wedge. If we start correcting all the little differences between codices that don't make sense we could spend all day.

I'd prefer to play RAW here. Since the FAQ it's no longer the case that DA 'need all the help they can get'.

LonelyPath
22-09-2011, 17:37
I wouldn't allow it since the model does not have that rule in the codex of FAQ. I wish our techs were updated as well, I'd actually field one then :(

sidcom
22-09-2011, 17:45
We pay 25pts more for a Techmarine than vanilla players, and our Blessing of the Omnissiah rule is worse, and did not get brought up to speed in the FAQ the way the rest of our stuff did. With the servo-harness, our Techmarine is actually exactly like the vanilla Master of the Forge, except with a worse BotO rule and no Bolter Defenses, though he does get a power weapon as standard equipment.

DA Techmarine has better servitors tough, taking 4 plasma canons was only reason I ever bought him

Nocculum
22-09-2011, 18:01
Thank you for the feedback everybody.

I'm going to play them as they are for now, I think running him with multi-melta servitors in a lascannon razorback in the middle of two anti tank dreads is enough anti tank.

I just really want an excuse to model so veteran bad-ass looking scouts, but the elite slot hurts!

*tootles off to base coat Cypher.*

witchunter180
22-09-2011, 18:54
Okay sorry, I mis-read :)

Gorbad Ironclaw
22-09-2011, 21:45
Shouldn't the question be directed at the people you are going to be playing? Whatever or not I'd let you do it is kind of irrelevant if we are not ever actually going to play.

Now personally I think you should just use Codex: Space Marine in it's entirety instead of bothering with the DA book, but that's me.

Nocculum
22-09-2011, 22:44
I am tempted Gorbad, at the moment I'm going for both, just was wondering about the opinions of others is all :)

Grand Master Raziel
22-09-2011, 22:54
DA Techmarine has better servitors tough, taking 4 plasma canons was only reason I ever bought him

I'd rather have the updated BotO rule and the vanilla rules for the servo-harness, so DA Techie with a servo-harness could fixee-fixee on a 4+ instead of a rerollable 6+. You make an interesting point, though. I've never really considered the application of the DA Techie and his servitors as a weapons platform. Kind of expensive, though, and it's not like everything in Codex: Dark Angels isn't already a little to a lot overpriced.