PDA

View Full Version : Goblin hero in Cave squig

Grimgormx
22-09-2011, 16:25
If I use a ngoblin hero mounted in a great Cave Squig, can the NG be killed and the Cave Squig stay in the battle? or if the ng is killed I should remove the model?

How many wound would have the model?

3 just the ones from Cave Squig
or
3 from the CS and 2 from the NG

shelfunit.
22-09-2011, 16:37
Depends - if the cave squig is a "Monster" then it/the rider can be killed independently of each other and use their own wound characteristic, if it is a "Monsterous Beast" then both it and the rider are counted as a single entity and die when the highest number of wounds (whichever stat line is higher) is reduced to zero (or below).

Mr_Rose
22-09-2011, 16:39
If I use a ngoblin hero mounted in a great Cave Squig, can the NG be killed and the Cave Squig stay in the battle? or if the ng is killed I should remove the model?

How many wound would have the model?

3 just the ones from Cave Squig
or
3 from the CS and 2 from the NG
The Great Cave Squig is a Monstrous Beast, not a Monster. when a character is mounted on a Monstrous Beast the whole model becomes Monstrous Cavalry.

The monstrous cavalry rules on p.83 of the BRB explicitly answer all of your questions, though you should note that the Errata add the Monstrous Support rule to monstrous cavalry.

Grimgormx
23-09-2011, 14:56
Im Asking because I read in the O&G entry for Cave Squig it said that if the Cave Squig has no rider (something like this, I dont have the book at hand) then the unit canot use a special rule (dont remember wich one) sorry for this bad reference, but was this entry the one that made me curiosus about the cave squigs rules.

Mr_Rose
23-09-2011, 15:31
Oh, you mean the Supreme Bounder rule? That's kind of an odd one since there's no way to get a Great Cave Squig without a rider in the book, and no way to make it happen in-game at the moment. On the other hand, GW seem to have been "future-proofing" the Army books a lot better lately so I expect it's a "just in case" contingency clause that anticipates a situation that may never come up.

EDMM
23-09-2011, 15:51
Storm of Magic Scroll of Binding?

Mr_Rose
23-09-2011, 16:02
Yeah, probably something like that. "Great Squig Herd" or something. Is there one like that yet?