PDA

View Full Version : Multiple characters in one unit

Questionable-Methods
22-09-2011, 22:27
Is it possible to have multiple independent characters in the same unit? Please note - I am not saying this is a wise strategic choice, but am merely curious if such a thing is at all feasable.

Example - A brick of Dark Elf Corsairs running 6x5with Lokhir Fellheart and a Dreadlord.

FashaTheDog
22-09-2011, 22:30
Yes, you can even make units of just characters too, check the characters sections of the rules.

AMWOOD co
23-09-2011, 07:47
Not only is it legal, but it is widely used. You will often find generals and battle standards in the same unit or a wizard having some kind of body guard. Also, Malorian's infamous 100 Night Goblin units also includes 3 Night Goblin Big Bosses with great weapons each.

Questionable-Methods
23-09-2011, 14:26
I haven't seen it used before in ANY case - let alone the 100 Night Goblines with 3 Bosses. I think I might just forfeit on the spot.

Thanks guys!

Lol, I should bring 100 Corsairs next time with Lokhir and a BSB with the +1 A banner.

shelfunit.
23-09-2011, 19:42
Wait until you see 170 DE warriors with 8 heroes (inc 3 wizards) in it. Spoils your afternoon when they mooch into a building and cast out IF spells with only D6 hits per miscast.

musical
23-09-2011, 20:26
Also, Malorian's infamous 100 Night Goblin units also includes 3 Night Goblin Big Bosses with great weapons each.

Sword of anti-heroes?

AMWOOD co
24-09-2011, 05:06
*Shrugs* It's an option, but be aware that those guys will be seeking out the bearer (if they can). To my understanding, they are used to give the otherwise weak (WS 2, S3, Extra Rank/6+ parry) horded unit some real hitting power for dealing with characters, monsters and heavy cavalry. It keeps people from simply tarpitting your tarpit unit with something much cheaper. Afterall, the unit, including heroes, only costs a little over 450 pts for something that will out steadfast almost anything (especially anything near equal cost).

musical
24-09-2011, 10:15
I know, I have 100 NG too but I play a Goblin only army so it is actually my main fighting block instead of a tarpit ;)