PDA

View Full Version : 3 way battle rules

Sayber
23-09-2011, 16:04
Hi guys,
Was wondering if there were any pre-existing rules for 3 way battles. Obviously this is unofficial but I'd like to get a basis for making some of my own rules.

Thanks

theunwantedbeing
23-09-2011, 16:11
Generally you just have a 2 vs 1 game.
2 armies one side totalling the same points as one army on the other side, use the allies special rules.

Malark
23-09-2011, 16:22
There's a special scenario for multiplayer games in the BRB, called Battle Royale. It's based on objectives and instead of having multiples turns and phases for everyone, there's a turn for all the players to go through the phases.

Regarding three player battles using the normal scenarios, I wouldn't know. Logic dictates 2v1 as suggested in the post above, but this leads to a lack of balance, since one player will have higher % to build his army, leading to more powerful choices.

Harwammer
23-09-2011, 16:33
Battle Royale page 406

Alternatively see the Allied Armies chapter (page 136).

If using allies I suggest the most experienced player controls 2 armies for one team and the other team has two players each with an army.

You could also try Heroic Last stand with two players allying as the attacker and one player defending.

MOMUS
23-09-2011, 16:38
Deployment is a equilateral triangle randomly scattered on an axis point somewhere near the middle of the board, each player deploys off a side.

I could see magic as 2d6 power dice for casting and the same 2d6 result shared between other players dispelling.

3 way combats wouldnt be too hard.

AMWOOD co
23-09-2011, 17:28
Back in 7th, One of my very first posts (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174075) was a set of rules my buddies and I used for a 3 way scenario that used turns. Most of the ruels will carry over easily, but you'll have to take time to make magic work. Probably the method used for desperate allies would be best.

I've included a (hastily made) picture of our deployment zone layout. It is played on a 8' x 4' table, so it's larger than standard, but we usually played 3000 pts per army, so we needed the space. It can easily be scaled down by removing 0.5' from the 1.5' sides and 1' from the 3' side for smaller games on a standard 6' by 4' table.

H33D
23-09-2011, 18:08
I recommend Battle Royale. Only do the weird phase thing with the combat phase, have movement+magic+shooting happen for each player.

The reason for this is moving and shooting is difficult when your opponent moves after you move but before you shoot.