PDA

View Full Version : Odd question...

Ironmonger
24-09-2011, 01:51
Exactly how many treasure cards are handed out after events/monsters? One, right, normally? For some reason the rule book is suddenly making me think it's one an adventurer, which I'm sure is total ********...

As well, when does the dungeon room event card get flipped? As soon as a single adventurer is in the room, after the warrior phase in which they entered? Or do all adventurers have to be in the room?

Final question: can you shoot through doorways? Monsters, or adventurers?

PS I like the term adventurers better then warriors, so sue me! ;)

DelveLord
24-09-2011, 13:26
The Dungeon Room Event Card gets flipped in the Monster Phase.

"If the Warriors move into a new room during the Warriors' Phase, then
you must begin the Monsters' Phase by drawing a card from the Event
deck to see what is inside."

Monsters and Warriors (adventurers) CAN shoot through doorways as long as they have line of sight.

DelveLord
24-09-2011, 13:28
You gain one Treasure Card for each Event Card that is completed, as long as the Event Card says so on the bottom. Many Event Cards specify that you get no Treasure for completing the Event.

BigRob
30-09-2011, 21:33
1: One treasure card per event unless otherwise stated. Some will have no treasure, some will let you draw a second card on a 4+ etc. Some treasure cards may even let you draw multiple treasure items (abandoned backpack etc). Oddly my copy of Quest (which I brought new and sealed) contained all the extra add on treasure packs and an extra blank event cards pack for free so we had loads of treasure to choose from).

2: The event card is drawn at the beginning of the monsters phase after one or more warriors have moved onto a new board section. It's a surprise!

3: Provided you are not pinned and have line of sight you can shoot through a door. You cannot shoot through a monster or another warrior (I don't remember much shooting taking place in our games anyway).

DelveLord
01-10-2011, 02:48
>>3: Provided you are not pinned and have line of sight you can shoot through a door. You cannot shoot through a monster or another warrior (I don't remember much shooting taking place in our games anyway). <<

Actually the rules stipulate that intervening models don't block line of sight. WHQ assumes the figures are all moving around during a turn so the archer will always get a chance to take a shot.

"Other Monsters and Warriors may be fired through as if they were not there, as they are assumed to be moving all the time."

Oakwolf
13-10-2011, 00:47
Otherwise enemy archers would never even get to shoot once (and they typically only have 1 opportunity) :p