PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried Infinity yet?

Ifurita
12-04-2006, 22:49
Have a few minis coming in the mail to see how they paint up, but would welcome any comments on gameplay.

jazzdude78
13-04-2006, 19:15
Its pretty interesting to play right now as rules are slowly being added to the game which slowly changes how things play

right now with its unlimited amount of reactions it can get pretty deadly to do anything without proper cover on the board
thankfully though they recently put a cap on support weapons which used to really maul your forces up

that said the game is good fun to play and will most likely be rather like the SciFi version of confrontation by the time the main book comes

Persephone
13-04-2006, 21:01
I have almost all of the models but haven't played with the quickstart rules yet. Looks interesting but I want the rulebook before I really get into it.

sprue
25-04-2006, 04:40
played a game and really enjoyed it. I have two armies now, pan oceania and yu jing but they are all soo tempting. The only thing about the game which I could see becoming an issue is that one model can make an unlimited amount of actions. So you could have one guy shooting with a heavy machine gun 8 or 10 times. I hope they put a cap on it because I really mauled a fellow gamer the other night due to excessive machine gunning. But it is a very fun game and very different from 40k if you feel like you need a change.

Gene Parmesan
30-04-2006, 00:14
I just saw the minis yesterday for the first time and was nicely impressed with most of them... they look like a blast to paint.

Begisle
30-04-2006, 15:58
The minis are excellent.

The game has so much to offer.

I like the fact that it really is a small scale skirmish game. 5-15 models will be the mainstay of the game. Sure you can play with more, but that type will be few and far between.

A neutral shade of black.
30-04-2006, 16:52
Oh, and you might be interested in knowing that the due to the translations being late, they're giving out the full rules (not the whole rulebook mind - these are missing the 160 pages of background + all the artwork + the full army lists) free as .pdf files on their site.

Begisle
01-05-2006, 04:36
Yeah. As long as you can read Spanish

cerealkiller195
05-05-2006, 05:47
not a problem heh

MAD MAN-A-TRON
05-05-2006, 17:44
so far, I've really been impresed by the minis, I'm looking forward to proxying and playing a game with the quickstart rules.

did I mention the minis are awesome?

CelestialDragonKing
08-05-2006, 03:28
Been reading the rules and really liking it. can't wait to actually play. I think this would be good rules to use for Kill Team as well. never took to that. i thought the whole kill team/brutes was kinda stupid. I'm thinkng of how I could translate some 40k into infinity. though i think marines might be too powerfull but finally what the should be.