PDA

View Full Version : Biovores

spagg
24-09-2011, 16:42
How well do biovores perform in a Tyranid army? I am starting an army and think thery are a cool concept/model.

Thanks

currymonster
24-09-2011, 16:46
Theyre awesome, just make sure to have more than one. But play a game, proxy some bases or paint pots for the biovores and spore mines see how they work for you.

Morgrad
24-09-2011, 17:07
/agreed with currymonster. They are awesome.

Units of three are the way to go, and it's not a bad idea to have two units of three. Being able to turn 30-man units of orks into paste in one turn is awesome.

Comrade Penguin
24-09-2011, 19:53
yup I'm going to echo what everyone else is saying, biovores are great for an army with few reliable big blast templates. Kills orks, tyranids, and ig dead; but they also force a bushel of armor saves onto marines.

My vote: Proxy for a few games and then buy.

spagg
24-09-2011, 21:29
Thanks for all the replies!!

Vipoid
24-09-2011, 22:21
They're a decent unit, and (unusually for the current codex) reasonably costed.

The only real problem with them is that they're only really useful against large numbers of lightly-armoured troops and, unfortunatly, so is about 90% of the tyranid codex.

Ace Rimmer
24-09-2011, 22:59
My opponents biovore's are his 3rd killiest shooting unit after his devourer termagents in position 2 and his trygon prime firmly in position 1. Pretty much everything else with a gun misses (although tonight, his hive tyrant did very kindly heavy venom cannon his trygon prime for me to make it 1 less wound for me to shoot off)

Delta Echo
24-09-2011, 23:12
They're a decent unit, and (unusually for the current codex) reasonably costed.

The only real problem with them is that they're only really useful against large numbers of lightly-armoured troops and, unfortunatly, so is about 90% of the tyranid codex.
Makes me wonder why they didn't leave the 3 variations of spore mines from 4th edition in there to give them a little more utility (even with a point bump). I dream of large blast barrage weapons with AP3...

Vipoid
25-09-2011, 10:09
Makes me wonder why they didn't leave the 3 variations of spore mines from 4th edition in there to give them a little more utility (even with a point bump). I dream of large blast barrage weapons with AP3...

I've often wondered this - that AP3 shot would be soooooo useful - both for anti-MEQ (I'm looking at you GK...), and for taking out DE vehicles with its 2d6+3 armour penetration.

I hate Cruddace.