PDA

View Full Version : Femme Militants

Wisdom
13-04-2006, 00:15
Didn't know where to post this since they aren't in a scale compatible with wh40k. I found the links on the frothers board.

http://www.jrn-works.dk/gallery/mini.php?range=JohnBlancheMiniatures&model=Ratspyke&num=4

http://www.jrn-works.dk/gallery/mini.php?range=JohnBlancheMiniatures&model=Galaglass

PS. Mods, If these have already been posted please delete t his so I don't look like an idiot.

Eduard
13-04-2006, 11:49
http://www.jrn-works.dk/gallery/mini.php?range=JohnBlancheMiniatures&model=Ratspyke&num=4

Whoaaaa, Tina Turner! with a big gun!!

Can't say i'm really impressed by the models though:eyebrows: they look a bit ...odd, to me.

Inquisitor Samos
13-04-2006, 13:30
I've read some rumors that they're not going to be in a scale compatible with either 40K or the Inquisitor line of figures, but somewhere in between. If true, in my opinion this makes them likely to turn out to be nothing more than an over-priced failure, from a sales perspective.

Most unfortunate, if it turns out to be so. I was hopeful that Warp Artefacts / Black Library would at least have a go at making figures that fit in with the existing GW figure scales.

GavT
13-04-2006, 13:36
Most unfortunate, if it turns out to be so. I was hopeful that Warp Artefacts / Black Library would at least have a go at making figures that fit in with the existing GW figure scales.

That would make them Citadel miniatures and they would be released as such. These are a range of miniatures not derived from either 40K or Warhammer, for collectors and painters no gaming involved at all.

Cheers,

GAV

Inquisitor Samos
13-04-2006, 13:44
But I'm a gamer/collector, Gav...... I want my various goodies to all fit in and look good together! ;)

asmodai_dark86
13-04-2006, 14:57
No there 40k inspired, just not under the banner. I think there being produced in house too but just by blanche himself - hence why they were advertised on the GW site not so long back.

(Hmmm posted this in 40 about 10 minutes ago before I noticed this, wonder where it went)

The Judge
13-04-2006, 15:21
Well aside from the gun, I swear I've seen the rat-lady in Blood on the Reik... that's a Fantasy setting.

frod
13-04-2006, 15:35
I think they're supposed to be from all the gaming periods and all female judging from the illustrations I've seen

Orbital
13-04-2006, 17:10
Reminds me a bit of this post I made on my blog (http://eldarcraftworld.blogspot.com/2006/03/things-come-and-things-go.html)... if you're interested.

led571
13-04-2006, 19:36
there where at gamesday uk last year and the are aprox 40k scale models, been wainting ages for these to come out, any one no a release date?

steveb
14-04-2006, 09:50
The Femme Militants range are 40mm scale. They're John Blanche's personal project and aren't supposed to be part of the GW universes. They're really nice though, I have a couple of them here and am looking forward to seeing the rest...

Steve B

Loricatus
14-04-2006, 18:32
Actually, when I first saw the blurb on Warp Artifacts about that miniatures line, I shot them an email and was told they would be 40k scale. That was a while back though, so that might have changed.

General Samuel of the 101
15-04-2006, 06:14
What exactly is this?,i was expecting Female Inquisitors and Sisters of Battle!

steveb
15-04-2006, 18:21
They're a series of 40mm scale (larger than 40k, smaller than Inquisitor) figures based off a series of paintings that John Blanche has produced. They're not based upon the 40k or WFB worlds. They have a certain similarity in style due to WFB and 40k being heavily influenced by John's style over the years.

Steve Buddle

ThousandPlateaus
05-08-2006, 15:01
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does anyone have any further information about the release dates for these (or has it been and gone without me noticing...), or indeed any more pictures?

The last I heard about them was in April....

seth
06-08-2006, 02:49
I believe that there will be some sort of display ( possibly release) at GD UK.

Details are rather sketchy but I will update when and if I know more :)

cheers
seth

ThousandPlateaus
06-08-2006, 10:18
Oh wicked, it's been long enough!