PDA

View Full Version : Cheap tyranids armies?

El Antiguo Guardián
25-09-2011, 13:32
Hi all!!
I love nids, but they are so expensive. So, any one knows how to reduce the cost of the army?
Security copies, non-GW miniatures, alternative webpages...

Stereodevil
25-09-2011, 13:37
Buy from eBay and independent retailers. Also expensive point units.

Graeme
25-09-2011, 13:37
My 'nids are by far my cheapest army - I started collecting them after people had decided that the latest codex was god-awful and managed to pick up a lot of ebay bargains.

Overall, I'd say that my 1750 point force has set me back somewhere in the region of £200, but that's only because I paid RRP for a couple of units (hive guard, trygon) - if you don't mind running a less optimal list I'm sure you could get up to 1500 for around £100 with careful ebaying.

SeerOfWar
25-09-2011, 13:51
Go for a more elite army with less models. Not every Tyranid armyhas to contain 100+ gaunts. Just build it slowly. Buy a unit, make it, paint it up, then buy the next, it'll feel like better value for money (well it does for me).

Threeshades
25-09-2011, 17:13
Go for a more elite army with less models. Not every Tyranid armyhas to contain 100+ gaunts. Just build it slowly. Buy a unit, make it, paint it up, then buy the next, it'll feel like better value for money (well it does for me).

in fact most armies don't contain 100+ gaunts.

Start off with hive guard, stealers and sme synapse units and you will find that you don't have to buy a lot.

Draconis
25-09-2011, 19:11
I have around a 4k points nid army, mostly assembled, non primered for sale if your interested pm me.

FluffyBunnyStarcraft
07-12-2011, 03:25
Frankly, you might want to find a random gamer at a club (who doesn't play nids) and ask if he has any tyranids. If you ask enough, you'll probably find someone who has a reasonable collection, but stopped playing and, for some reason, couldn't bring themselves to sell their army on ebay.

FluffyBunnyStarcraft
07-12-2011, 03:30
If you were wondering, that's how I got an army made up of about 3 battleforces (the old kind, with the carnifex), and a hivetyrant, for cheap.