PDA

View Full Version : Tanith Names

the Council of Six
25-09-2011, 15:37
I recently playing Deathwatch, and wanted to create a space marine that was indoctrinated into the Black Templars from the now destroyed world of Tanith before it blew up. I was just wondering what some cool Tanith names would be besides the ones in Gaunt's Ghosts.

I hope i'm in the right part of the forums for this.

Tarian
25-09-2011, 15:55
Seems to be Mk(Insert on letters.) for most of Tanith names.

Mkdonalds would be funny.

the Council of Six
25-09-2011, 22:06
i dont quite understand. but mainly its just i wanted an original name so i wasnt a guy wielding a sniper rifle named "try again" Bragg

Okuto
25-09-2011, 23:03
While GMing a DH game I used a Tanith NPC and basically took a list of Scottish/Welsh/Irish names and picked from that, Tanith seem very Scottish/Welsh to me with a hint of Irish

Nonalyth
26-09-2011, 00:07
I was under the impression Space Marines are given a new name when they're brought into the chapter. Kind of like how nuns take a biblical name (I think that's how it works, right?).

Okuto
26-09-2011, 00:31
some of them maybe but certainly no self respecting space puppie would change his name....

the Council of Six
26-09-2011, 00:58
My idea was he was either recruited before Tanith got 'sploded or he was off planet for some event or errand when it happened. its a damn shame that planet was gone. i hope there's another like it in the Galaxy, but moving trees seems like it was one in a quintillion as far as imperial held worlds go. at any rate i guess it would be a good idea if i checked some scottish/welsh names. i would be of course giving him scout carapace armour and take stealthy weapons and demolition skills. there's nothing in my mind more badass than a Tanith becoming a space marine, as if Tanith weren't awesome enough as it is. anyway thanks for the input, i'll probably be making another thread to figure out the whole experience points dilemma i have in comprehending the Deathwatch rulebook. it says this is this but then says it's another thing and that you start with this but this requires this and it gets confusing to me. i cant figure out how much exp i start with and what my starting rank is supposed to be.

unless someone just wants to post it in this thread so i dont have to make another thread for it. but then it might be a good idea to make another post anyway but then i'd have to figure out what forum to post it in. it's so hard figuring out where to put these kinds of things.

Ulrig
26-09-2011, 03:14
i dont quite understand. but mainly its just i wanted an original name so i wasnt a guy wielding a sniper rifle named "try again" Bragg

Larkin has the sniper rifle, Bragg was Heavy Weapons, and one of my favorite characters.

...fething cuu

Okuto
26-09-2011, 03:18
mother fething Cuu indeed,

though for me mother fething Hark for the Soric issue....that chap was mighty handy in a fight

But yeah no prob mate, I run DH ascension and deathwatch together so ask away though I suggest you to it in warseer's roleplaying section/40k background area

the Council of Six
28-09-2011, 21:59
mother fething Cuu indeed,

though for me mother fething Hark for the Soric issue....that chap was mighty handy in a fight

But yeah no prob mate, I run DH ascension and deathwatch together so ask away though I suggest you to it in warseer's roleplaying section/40k background area

...and it was then i learned something new. i'll be sure to post further about these topics in the roleplaying forum.

ColShaw
28-09-2011, 22:25
I'd suggest looking up Scottish names, and substituting "Mk" for "Mc". That's where Abnett got most of his.

the Council of Six
29-09-2011, 20:53
I think MkKellan sounds good, who likes MkKellan?