PDA

View Full Version : 1000 point Orc and Goblin list (expansions to come)

dr.duck770
25-09-2011, 21:28
Hey Warseer, just started playing orcs and goblins and finally wrote up a list after much thought. I am also fairly new to 8th edition so any tips on general gameplay will be appreciated, I know it is a lot different than 7th. The guys I play against use some pretty powerful armies including High elves and the Khorne-dog list.

So here it is with-out my heros and lords (im still figuring that out)

50x Night Goblins- netters, musician, standard and 2 fanatics- (265)
24x Black Orcs- musicain, standard, and shields -(332)
3x Spear Chuckas- (105)/ "For the big stuff"
1x Doom Diver- (80)/ It was either this or some form of squig unit to deal with harrassers like fast cav. and stuff like skinks.

This leaves me with 218 points for Heros and lords. I originally wanted to field a warboss and a bsb for leadership purposes. Im kinda scared about taking a goblin hero thought because if hes the general or the bsb he will be a easy target.

I havent actually played this army yet so anyone that has any tips on past experiences with with this army will be apprciated.

Thanks in advance all!!!

zielonkak
26-09-2011, 00:21
drop atleast one spear chucka, add another block of orcs, with double choppas....and a orc hero....

Fenrisulfr
26-09-2011, 02:30
for 750 points, you will need a level 2 caster. Even if you don't care about landing any spells at all, you will put yourself in a precarious position without the magic defense.

dr.duck770
27-09-2011, 03:24
So ive thougth it over and I think the heros im going to go with are gonna be:

1x Goblin warboss- Armor of Destiny, enchanted shield, and sword of might-140 This gives my NG mob more of a bite and he himself is pretty hard to get rid of.
1x Orc big boss- BSB- 80
(question on the bsb, can a BSB also weild weapons with both hands?)
50x Night Goblins- netters, musician, standard and 2 fanatics- (265)
24x Black Orcs- musicain, standard, and shields -(332)
3x Spear Chuckas- (105)
1x Doom Diver- (80)

I didnt want to take a shaman because I feel it will be too point heavy in a low point game such as this(and I didnt want to skimp on any combat potential), and with all the shooting I have, im sure that my opponent wont hesitate to get into combat with me.

Let me know what you think, I in the process of adding the next 500 to the list :)

Glenn87
27-09-2011, 08:43
I would drop the spear Chuka's.
with the points freed up, I'd add some Wolf Riders of a Wolf Chariot (you COULD keep 1 spear chuka tough).
this gives you some manouvrability

zielonkak
27-09-2011, 12:51
drop doom diver and a spear chucka, and some gear off warboss and you could atleast add level 1 gobo shamen and another black orc or something