PDA

View Full Version : looking for something again.

Glenn87
25-09-2011, 22:51
When I was in spain last month, Some retailer had a Warhammer (fantasy) Blister with an Night Goblin Command Upgrade.

It wasn't the normal NG Command blister, but more one that could be combined with plastic kits.

It really confuses me...and now I can't seem to find the blister online anywhere.

Is there anyone who knows where to find the blister? (or has a picture of it?)

herbtarkel
25-09-2011, 22:53
It could be really old. Back when the NG went plastic, there were metal command upgrade bits, but I honestly don't recall if they ever came in their own blister.

Does that help at all?

Was it an actual GW blister - and if so, red like the WH ones, or white with Citadel on it?

Scalebug
26-09-2011, 00:22
Back in the days (11+ years ago), when they had the metal pieces for command upgrades in a standard blister (card back, clear plastic, sheet of foam) in the box. Later it switched to those all-plastic containers.

But did the Night Goblin ever have metal bits? I don't recall, but had they not by the time they got to Goblins already switched over to that extra plastic sprue that contained command pieces for goblins, skaven and skeletons, and came in all those boxes?

herbtarkel
26-09-2011, 00:24
Back in the days (11+ years ago), when they had the metal pieces for command upgrades in a standard blister (card back, clear plastic, sheet of foam) in the box. Later it switched to those all-plastic containers.

But did the Night Goblin ever have metal bits? I don't recall, but had they not by the time they got to Goblins already switched over to that extra plastic sprue that contained command pieces for goblins, skaven and skeletons, and came in all those boxes?

The NG did have metal bits, I remember them. Were they ever outside the box, though? I don't remember that. They wouldn't fit in with the current NG as the NG then were of the bigger variety.

Inquisitor Kallus
26-09-2011, 00:36
Was that the plastic sprue with multiple command bits on it, for different races?

herbtarkel
26-09-2011, 01:46
Was that the plastic sprue with multiple command bits on it, for different races?

Nope. Before that, there was actually metal command bits, waaaay better than the generic plastic frame! Didn't last long though.

zoggin-eck
26-09-2011, 09:42
Yeah, as said, metal command for the night goblins, which was cool, as well as metal for the skeletons (there was both Vampire and Khemri style I believe, flayed skin standard was among the Vampires, with the Khemri one a bird/symbol standard and mace for the champion etc.)

I really can't remember the skaven one, if there was one? Or was that the point where they added the plastic frame. I do remember they were all out before 6th edition (ugly green bases and paint job in WD!).

Thinking about it, I never really used mine since the boxes were bought to add to existing full metal command groups. I'm left with the Night goblin, skeleton, Empire swordsmen/halberdier, crossbows, handgunner and Chaos Warrior command upgrades somewhere!

Bingo the Fun Monkey
26-09-2011, 12:42
I still have those pieces in my current Night Goblins mob. Nice find! I especially like the Gong.

Glenn87
26-09-2011, 15:23
ow, so I'm not going crazy :D

Damn, I wish I could find the blister somewhere (damn shame I didn't bought it in spain!)

It was a Red Blister pack (not the white citadel ones.