PDA

View Full Version : Team Game Event Format - Please Comment

Rlyehable
26-09-2011, 16:31
I am thinking of doing a Team Game event (random draw team pairings for the first game), and I would like comments on the format that I was thinking about.

Army:
Each player will field his "core force" and 1 "sideboard force". On a team, the sideboards of each player may not be from the same FOC slot.

Core Force
800 points "core force". 1 HQ, 0-1 Elite, 1-3 Troop, 0-1 Fast Attack, and 0-1 Heavy Support.

Sideboard Forces
Each player will bring 2-3 sideboard forces (1 Elite, 1 Fast Attack, and/or 1 Heavy Support). Each sideboard will consist of 1 FOC choice of up to 200 points.

Bunnahabhain
26-09-2011, 21:57
I'd make one change, to also allow troops as a sideboard force, and allow both players to take them if wished. If troops are supposed to be the most common element of a force, don't restrict them too much- 3 troops in 1000pts is not that many.

Rlyehable
26-09-2011, 22:06
I'd make one change, to also allow troops as a sideboard force, and allow both players to take them if wished. If troops are supposed to be the most common element of a force, don't restrict them too much- 3 troops in 1000pts is not that many.

I was trying to keep the team in a standard force org chart (Max of 2 HQ, 3 Elite, 6 Troops, 3 FA, & 3 HS). So, giving the option for 4 troops per player (8 total) would break this. I could do 1-2 in the core with an extra sideboard of troops, but I thought that most people would rather take an extra Elite, Fast Attack, or Heavy Support rather than Troop and would be even more restrictive in the "core" forces.

Bunnahabhain
26-09-2011, 22:15
Ok, that makes sense as an aim.

The current format only allows the team a total of 8 elite, fast and heavy- not 9 as per normal.

Of course, the FOC is not a sacred thing that can't be changed at all ever..

Rlyehable
26-09-2011, 22:32
{your} current format only allows the team a total of 8 elite, fast and heavy- not 9 as per normal.

True. It also mandates 2 HQ (1 per player).

Finn
27-09-2011, 22:15
No reason that you couldn't say that a team couldn't violate the FoC when they choose from their sideboard, so one player could bring 1-2 troops to the table while the other player brings 4-5...is there?

Bunnahabhain
27-09-2011, 22:28
No reason that you couldn't say that a team couldn't violate the FoC when they choose from their sideboard, so one player could bring 1-2 troops to the table while the other player brings 4-5...is there?

Actually, that is a very simple answer.