PDA

View Full Version : First Skaven List 2K

Loopstah
26-09-2011, 19:13
Trying to put together a 2K list for my Skaven so I know what to build next.

How does this look?

LORDS

Grey Seer
Screaming Bell

HEROES

Chieftain
BSB
Halberd, Shield
Talisman of Preservation

Assassin
Sword of Anti-heroes
Other Trickster's Shard

CORE

35 Clanrats (pushing bell)
Shields
Full Command
+ Poison Wind Mortar

40 Clanrats
Spears, Shields
Full Command
+ Poison Wind Mortar

50 Skavenslaves
Musician

50 Skavenslaves
Musician

6 Giant Rats
Packmaster

6 Giant Rats
Packmaster

6 Giant Rats
Packmaster

SPECIAL

4 Rat Ogres
Masterbred Rat Ogre
3 Packmasters

5 Jezzails

20 Plague Monks
Full command

RARE

None (don't have any)

So any good?

ftayl5
26-09-2011, 22:12
Looks like a fairly nice list, just a few nitpicky things.

1. Why 6 Giant Rats? You only need 5 to make a unit, why spend the extra 3pts? Altogether that makes 9pts, that's 4 more slaves...

2. Why Warplock Pistols? With a range of 10 you'll probably get to shoot it once maybe twice each game and even then you'll be hitting on 4's at best. Again those 2 pistols combined makes 16pts, that's another 8 slaves! Even if they're just there for fun or something, how is firing 1 shot a game and it missing any fun?

And finally, I'm not a Jezzail fan, you could get a WLC cannon for those 5 and it will do a lot more damage than them, assuming it doesn't misfire on turn 1 or something.

Loopstah
27-09-2011, 09:55
Looks like a fairly nice list, just a few nitpicky things.

1. Why 6 Giant Rats? You only need 5 to make a unit, why spend the extra 3pts? Altogether that makes 9pts, that's 4 more slaves...

3 pts for an extra wound on the unit and an extra attack in combat seems a good deal.

2. Why Warplock Pistols? With a range of 10 you'll probably get to shoot it once maybe twice each game and even then you'll be hitting on 4's at best. Again those 2 pistols combined makes 16pts, that's another 8 slaves! Even if they're just there for fun or something, how is firing 1 shot a game and it missing any fun?

Only included because the models have pistols, no other reason really.

And finally, I'm not a Jezzail fan, you could get a WLC cannon for those 5 and it will do a lot more damage than them, assuming it doesn't misfire on turn 1 or something.

I don't have a WLC.

I suppose I could drop the pistols and add 4 slaves to each slave unit.

Oogie boogie boss
27-09-2011, 10:53
I think this is a good core for a bigger army. Again, i'd ditch the warplock pistols, maybe add 3 more clanrats. Other than that, it's seems a good, balanced force. In future i'd add at least 1 more unit of clanrats. Rare wise a WLC, or even 2, is a good investment. Or maybe a couple of Doomwheels.

Oogie boogie boss
27-09-2011, 10:53
Also, i'd combine the giant rats into 1-2 units.

Loopstah
27-09-2011, 19:42
Also, i'd combine the giant rats into 1-2 units.

I'm using 3 units to take up 3 deployment drops at 26pts each they can go and redirect something or get shot I don't care.

ftayl5
27-09-2011, 22:44
"...deployment drops at 26pts each they can go and redirect something or get shot I don't care."

Exactly why I don't see the point in the 6th rat.

Bubbasan
28-09-2011, 21:50
Bell gives Seer a 4+ ws. Don't cut yourself 45 points for no reason :D

You have too many characters. Drop all but your seer, BSB, and maybe the assassin. If you don't drop the assassin then give him a potion of strength and the weapon that causes d3 wounds. Odds are he'll even pop a dwarf lord first turn of a challenge and wouldn't it be fun to destroy a chaos lord that had to challenge :)

I'd drop the rat ogres for monks. Much nastier and they are a death star with the banner, and then afterwards they have ranks to stay around.

You need another big core unit since you have absolutely no real flank protection without doomwheel's or HPA's. I run one large 70 man clanrat unit with spears and shields. Leadership 10 at all times thanks to seer. You never lose attacks as combat goes on while probably every round of combat you cut some of the attacks off of your opponents horde unit.

Loopstah
29-09-2011, 11:44
Bell gives Seer a 4+ ws. Don't cut yourself 45 points for no reason :D

Ooops, Noob mistake there lol. Would the Power Scroll be worth taking instead? Dreadead 13th on 13 sounds fun.

You have too many characters. Drop all but your seer, BSB, and maybe the assassin. If you don't drop the assassin then give him a potion of strength and the weapon that causes d3 wounds. Odds are he'll even pop a dwarf lord first turn of a challenge and wouldn't it be fun to destroy a chaos lord that had to challenge :)

Guess I don't really need the Engineers that much.

I'd drop the rat ogres for monks. Much nastier and they are a death star with the banner, and then afterwards they have ranks to stay around.

With the points left from dropping the engineers I can take 20 Monks with command which happens to be the amount of monks I have and keep the Rat Ogres.

You need another big core unit since you have absolutely no real flank protection without doomwheel's or HPA's. I run one large 70 man clanrat unit with spears and shields. Leadership 10 at all times thanks to seer. You never lose attacks as combat goes on while probably every round of combat you cut some of the attacks off of your opponents horde unit.

Don't have enough Skaven to field another unit of Clanrats.

goodz
02-10-2011, 18:42
I would hope a chaos lord would kill the assassin!