PDA

View Full Version : What are these things? (BEWARE PREVIEW PIC!)

The Emperor
13-04-2006, 06:28
Can someone tell me what those two things are in the below pictures? They're in the pictures attached, below. The latter two, to be exact. The first two being the full pics, while the latter two being the pics cropped around the items in question. I don't know what they are, but wouldn't mind knowing. Thanks.

WARNING!!! If you purposely avoid the Rumor forum then you'll want to duck out of this thread, now, because one of the pics below is of a product not yet released.

You've been warned.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
13-04-2006, 06:31
The first is a teleport homer, but im not sure of the second. Maybe its just a scope?

Orbital
13-04-2006, 06:31
My first guess is: Teleport homer.

emperorattack
13-04-2006, 06:32
That is a targeting monocular (like a binocular but for one eye) on the scouts hand

The stange looking thing is a teleporter to mark where your termies are going to land

alphaecho
13-04-2006, 06:45
Take a close look at the Scout with the raised rifle. His scope is not on the rifle, he is holding it. Maybe he wanted to zoom in on something without poking his rifle barrel out of cover.

Grotsnik
13-04-2006, 07:13
As already stated the first is a teleport homer and the second is just the scope from the sniper rifle.
Why the heck he would have it in his hand is beyond me. Unless he is in the process of mounting it on the rifle. :eek:

Alco Engineer
13-04-2006, 07:31
@ Grotsnik: The purpose of scouts isn't only to get up close and shoot stuff they also do reconnasance. That may involve finding the enemy's position and then reporting back without making contact/conflict.

TWB
13-04-2006, 08:18
@ Grotsnik: The purpose of scouts isn't only to get up close and shoot stuff they also do reconnasance. That may involve finding the enemy's position and then reporting back without making contact/conflict.

Whilst shouting and waving your big shiny gun around? :p Could be acting as a spotter.

Or

Chaos did it.

Melchiah
13-04-2006, 08:41
the first is the teleporter homer and the second looks to be a monoccular you know like binoccuarls but single

boogle
13-04-2006, 09:58
you would think that the Teleport Homer would also come with the scouts, as they are the prime candidates for having one

Bregalad
13-04-2006, 10:49
That's why the new Tau Stealth Suits also get one on their sprue.

biggreengribbly
13-04-2006, 10:55
That's why the new Tau Stealth Suits also get one on their sprue.

A teleport homer? :D

What, to make it easier for terminators to land closer to them as well? :evilgrin:

loco_smoko
14-04-2006, 05:38
[begin pirate mode]
Yaaar.
That scout be holdin' a telescope.
[end pirate mode]

Useful thing to have on the sprues, I would imagine my guardsmen would find a use for it just like the other box where guardsmen ended up with the scouts bolters, shotguns and bolt pistols.
The scouts are understandably a bit miffed by that.
As for the homer, infiltrate the scouts and then dial H for help (or heavy infantry), very useful.

Cheers

Jerry