PDA

View Full Version : 3000pts Lizardmen Tourney List

LegioIgnatum
26-09-2011, 21:01
Hi guys we have a hardcore 3000pts Grand Army tourney coming along and I cannot decide which list to take.
Here is a sample of armies that I will be facing
- Chosen/altar shennenigans + Khorne Marauder Horde + 2 x Hellcannon
- Steam Tank, Flaggelant (90 of these), Mortar Galore
- 2x Hydra + Pendant Road Block + Magic Spam Dark Elves
etc.

The only rule is no special characters (no Teclis+Pit of Shades YAY!)

Here are the 2 lists that I cant decide on

LIST 1
LORDS
Life Slann,General, BSB, Becalming, Mystery, Rumination, Cupped Hands, Divine Plaque, Std Discipline
OldBlood, Shield,Armor of Destiny, Dawnstone, Sword of Might

HEROES
Skink Priest, Dispell Scroll, Curse Charm of Tepok
Skink Priest, Cube of Darkness
Skink Chief, Light Armor, Shield,Dragon Helm, Cloak of Feathers, Sword of Striking

CORE
30 x Saurus, Full Command, Spears
48 x Saurus, Full Command
10 x Skinks
10 x Skinks

SPECIAL
6 x Chameleons
20x Temple Guard, Full Command, Banner of Eternal Flame, Curse of Iron Icon

RARE
2 x Salamanders, 6 Handlers

LIST 2

LORDS
Life Slann,General, BSB, Becalming, Mystery, Rumination, Cupped Hands
Shadow Slann, Rumination, Divine Plaque of Protection

HEROES
Skink Priest, Dispell Scroll,
Skink Priest, Cube of Darkness
Skink Chief, Light Armor, Shield,Dragon Helm, Cloak of Feathers, Sword of Striking

CORE
30 x Saurus, Full Command, Spears
49 x Saurus, Full Command
10 x Skinks
10 x Skinks

SPECIAL
6 x Chameleons
20x Temple Guard, Full Command, Standard of Discipline, Curse of Iron Icon

RARE

So please help me which to pick and give me advice on how to modify the lists. (Should I split 49 saurus into 2x24 (will I be able to buff 4 CC units this way etc)). Is 2 slanns to risky, will the old blood be usefull or any other ideas/experiences you would like to share.

Just for your information I have
- 20 more saurus with Hw&S + 2 more sets of Command
- Lots and lots of javalin and blowpipe skinks
- 4 terradons
- 13 kroxigors
- carnasour oldblood
- 4 saurus heroes (1 of them is BSB)

I really appreciate your help. Cheers,

P.S Sorry for the horrible grammer/spelling mistakes that I might have made. I went over the post twice but English is my 3rd language and I might (actually I am sure) have missed some mistakes. I humbly ask you guys to forgive me for those.

LegioIgnatum
29-09-2011, 08:02
Not trying to be pushy but no one have any ideas on which list to pick?

Battlehamster
29-09-2011, 14:42
Either one should work, since they are very similar. It looks like you really want to know if dual slann is better than a single slann + oldblood. At least in my experience, a combat lord is hardly ever worth the points. You might as well use the cheaper scar vets to beef up your infantry units instead of the costlier oldblood.

I think your slann in army one should drop the plaque of protection and up the number of temple guard a little bit. You won't need that plaque while you are bunkered inside the temple guard so it's wasted points.

Drop the skink chief, I don't see what he gets you other than a really fragile and expensive hero. A scar vet will do his job better.

At 3000 points, see if you can afford to insert a stegadon or two. One ancient stegadon and a ridden one (maybe put your chief on top with warspear) to give your army the added punch it needs. You can drop the oldblood and some saurus to make this happen.

Morax
29-09-2011, 17:29
I help a friend of mine build his 3k double Slann list, lemme see if I can remember it. Life+Death Slanns bother with the extra power die and loremaster, two skink cohort hordes with imbedded kroxigors to fill core, 2 units of temple guard at 21 strong each to house each slann, had some points left over to do stuff with. I think the death slann had cupped hands, had a achient steg in there if I remember but it didn't do much. Could probably swap that steg out for some Slamanders.

zielonkak
29-09-2011, 19:09
old blood is only worth taking if you take carny with him