PDA

View Full Version : Skaven 1000 Friendly

Texhnolyze
26-09-2011, 22:07
Hey!

I'm considering starting a skaven army alongside my my dark elves, since I've always loved the background of both the armies. I think they will feel and play very different on the table.

Btw, I don't want to run 2 hellpits and 2000 slaves :D (it's not fun for me to play or paint army of slaves^^)

So I came up with a first time list, 1000pts, It might not be the best, but it got something to do in every phase :D

The warlord is not debatable, I really want a rat riding an larger rat leading my army, so he stays. The magic items can be changed thought... I really want to keep the doomflayer too, the moodels is just to awesome!

So what do you guys think ? Will it be fun to play against/with? Or will my oponent just rofle stomp me ? :D

Warlord: 223
Bonebreaker, Shield, Blade of corruption Warpstone Armour.

Warlock Engineer:65
lv1

Chieftain: 80
BsB, Enchanted Shield, Heavy Armour

33 Stormvermin: 326
Full Command, Doom-Flayer, Standard Of Discipline

30 Clanrats: 155
Shields, Full Command

30 Slaves: 60

Warp Lightning Cannon 90

ftayl5
28-09-2011, 00:51
Looks like a good list to me.
However, where is the Warlord going to go?

Also drop the Shields on your slaves and Stormvermin.
They're unnecessary on the Slaves because no-one cares if the Slaves die anyway and it's always better to spend the points on more bodies than on protection for less bodies.

And the Stormvermin, you don't want shields because you cant use them in close combat as a Halberd takes 2 hands. Therefore all they add is +1 save against shooting, which isn't worth 1pt per model. Dropping these shields and the shields on the slaves will allow you to take 6 more Stormvermin!

Texhnolyze
28-09-2011, 12:02
Looks like a good list to me.
However, where is the Warlord going to go?

Also drop the Shields on your slaves and Stormvermin.
They're unnecessary on the Slaves because no-one cares if the Slaves die anyway and it's always better to spend the points on more bodies than on protection for less bodies.

And the Stormvermin, you don't want shields because you cant use them in close combat as a Halberd takes 2 hands. Therefore all they add is +1 save against shooting, which isn't worth 1pt per model. Dropping these shields and the shields on the slaves will allow you to take 6 more Stormvermin!

The situation decides where the warlord will go. He is very vulnerable to fire, so he will seek cover, thought if the situation allows it, he will most likely go with the stormvermin along his BSB.

The warlock will most likely join the clanrats, or slaves.

I'll drop the shields on the slaves and Stormvermin, as you suggested, and bring their number up, I'll update my list to reflect the changes.

Thanks for the input!

Oogie boogie boss
28-09-2011, 12:47
Tbh, i'd ditch the slaves and bulk out the clanrat unit. maybe get a unit of 50 when you knock it up to 2,000pts. Other than that it's a good list. Quite balanced and with some hard hitting stuff, but flexible. Good work.