PDA

View Full Version : Wood Elf Banners

cdpia1084
27-09-2011, 00:28
Just about every WE army list I have looked at has the banner of eternal flame. I see the advantage of causing fear to Calvary but if the unit causes fear themselves then there is no affect correct? So my question is what banner should I use since the three main armies i fight against are Lizardmen, VC and WoC and they all use fear causing Cav. Any suggestions?

Smithpod68
27-09-2011, 00:43
I would suggest the Razorbanner. Makes your arrows armour piercing makes their saves a little more difficult. (str3 -1,str4 -2)

Slothmasta
27-09-2011, 01:38
Just about every WE army list I have looked at has the banner of eternal flame. I see the advantage of causing fear to Calvary but if the unit causes fear themselves then there is no affect correct? So my question is what banner should I use since the three main armies i fight against are Lizardmen, VC and WoC and they all use fear causing Cav. Any suggestions?

The reason would elf players take the Banner of Eternal Flame is not to cause fear in Cavalry etc. It's to shoot down regenerating monsters. I recommend taking the banner on a unit of glade guard.

tmarichards
27-09-2011, 03:24
I would suggest the Razorbanner. Makes your arrows armour piercing makes their saves a little more difficult. (str3 -1,str4 -2)

Razor standard explicitly only affects close combat attacks (see the rules for Armour Piercing on pg 67).

The main use behind the flaming banner on a unit of 20 GG is that it gives you the best possible chance of removing the regen on a hydra/abomb, which then allows you to unleash the rest of your GG and/or the Hail of Doom Arrow.

popisdead
27-09-2011, 22:26
If those VC have regenerating Grave Guard the Flaming banner is a no brainer.

I do not think I would play Wood Elves without it actually.

10_minute_pie
27-09-2011, 23:41
And said Vampires also likely have 1+ regenerating Vargulfs. Kill them with fire...