PDA

View Full Version : Tyranids get some love?

N.I.B.
27-09-2011, 14:50
From Games Day, kitch102 wrote on DakkaDakka:

- Andrew Kenrick, our wonderful WD editor himself, and one of his colleagues (Phil I think? Not sure, will find his picture and confirm) hinted at a possible Tyranid release. This will not be the fabled 2 wave, but will fill a gap in the codex. However he also said "but then it may not be a gap filler, but an altogether different model with it's rule set to be released in white dwarf". Nid players... don't read too much in to this, there aren't enough facts to get excited about, but equally I don't think someone in the know such as Mr AK would say sometihng's coming when it's not. Again, no dates were hinted at.

All Cing Eye
27-09-2011, 14:57
An interesting tidbit, hopefully this is the rumoured Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit. It is a bit weird that they would consider adding a new unit with rules in WD before making models for units already in the book.

Draconis
27-09-2011, 21:02
An interesting tidbit, hopefully this is the rumoured Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit. It is a bit weird that they would consider adding a new unit with rules in WD before making models for units already in the book.

Said it wouldnt likely be a gap filler, so I wouldnt get my hopes up. Sad though.

Eddie Chaos
27-09-2011, 21:09
hrmmm I guess it could be a multi-purpose kit that fills a hole and is something new like the Terrogeist/zombie dragon kit.

It just seems weird that they would release a new thing instead of a Tyrannofex, Tervigon or Harpy

Slug
27-09-2011, 21:40
We (I) needs Tervigons/Tyrannofex's before we get new stuff. We've had the entire DE list now out and the 'Nid codex is over 18 months old (whine, whine....).

Maybe if it was something to take out MEQ lists I could be sated...

Slug

Skullking
27-09-2011, 21:48
gaunts with Spike rifles!!!!!!!1!!!!!

sorry...

Would love to see a cool new beastie, but I think, as a whole, we need the gon/fex kit. And the doom, etc.. etc..

I'd love it if the new beast was part of a kit which we needed, such as the Harpy/Doom/buzzerbeast or something.

ArtificerArmour
27-09-2011, 22:35
Obviously the gap in the codex is a reasonable priced vehicle with st 8 melta weapons at bs5 :)

mikers7284
27-09-2011, 22:57
they wont do nids till theyve done necrons, 5 more marine chapters no ones ever heard of, more IF stuff cause that poor army needs help... then maybe some nid love

TheConverter15
27-09-2011, 23:06
Probably (hopefully) it will be a monster providing some much needed antitank. Most likely be a carnifex sized model, can't wait. Hopefully true as it came from Kenrick himself :)

jspyd3rx
27-09-2011, 23:15
Just give Old One Eye a pod and fleet. Then we can call it day.

silverstu
27-09-2011, 23:38
Maybe bigger than harpy with gargoyles...

I wonder when this release might happen- been rumours of IG, Eldar, Necrons, Space Wolves, Vampire stuff, Empire Stuff and Dwarf stuff lately. Must be a fair bit off.

Clang
28-09-2011, 01:11
Hmm, perhaps the Tervigon/Tyrannofex kit which can also be made as a third new option not currently in the codex? Or even a plastic Tyrant with new rules options? (although they just went to the trouble of Finecasting the existing Tyrant model, so maybe not...)

ghoulio
28-09-2011, 01:21
A friend of mine who is "in the know" mentioned that it was a Harpy model that was going to have revamped rules in White Dwarf. He did mention that ages ago and it seems that every three months or so Nid "second waves" or "filler releases" rumors pop up and until we see concrete pics/info I just 100% don't believe any if them.

The Dude
28-09-2011, 01:57
Maybe bigger than harpy with gargoyles...

Tervigon with wings that spawns Gargoyles? Nice combo kit there :p

Friedrich von Offenbach
28-09-2011, 05:32
It could be an apocolypse unit. If it is an entirely new unit it is unlikely to be something small like a gaunt or ripper and would probably be quite large. Sort of the same story as the Terrorgheist for Vampires

KarlPedder
28-09-2011, 06:09
A Harpy/something new with updated rules for the former and rules for the new unit made out of the same kit would be a smart way for them to go because as it stands the Harpy isn't worth it

N.I.B.
28-09-2011, 07:18
The perfect gap filler model would be the missing Tervigon/T-fex kit. I for one, am still holding out for a T-fex model.

A Harpy model, please for God's sake no! We don't need another new monster that can't get a cover save and is competing with the Pyrovore for weakest rules. Unless it gets completely re-worked.

And while they're at it - redo the Tyranid FAQ!

Mechdra
28-09-2011, 07:30
Could be bits? Since it is not a seond wave, I believe it might be the wings and weapons bits.

Mr. Ultra
28-09-2011, 08:34
Could be bits? Since it is not a seond wave, I believe it might be the wings and weapons bits.

I agree, a bone swords pack will be more than welcomed.

Frankly
28-09-2011, 08:41
I'd settle for anything useful at the point, useful being the key word.

ihavetoomuchminis
28-09-2011, 09:00
A cheap MC with Eternal Warrior? Take that GK!!

Blink
28-09-2011, 09:06
Looks like this topic was doomed to wishlisting as soon as it began.

Regardless, good to hear Tyranid might be getting some love. As I said a while back when I reported on White Dwarf becoming more useful, there is supposed to be something about the Harpy in a coming WD.

silverstu
28-09-2011, 09:39
Tervigon with wings that spawns Gargoyles? Nice combo kit there :p

I'd buy one!:D

There were murmurs of a big winged beastie which had gargoyle clusters.. maybe they are moving the harpy more towards the harridan [obviously not that size!] with a mechanism for deploying gargoyles.

Thénon
28-09-2011, 14:09
But the terrorgheist/zombie dragon kit filled a slot for vamp players (the ones that took zombie dragon riding lords anyway) as well as bring in a new unit.

Whats to stop them realeasing a monster thingy that can also be built as a tervigon/teranifex or harpy?

isn`t there a multi army splash release rumoured for the start of the year anyhoo?

All Cing Eye
28-09-2011, 14:14
Before the Christmas holidays would be a good time to do a splash release of models for multiple armies, gets everyone buying something.

Overlord Krycis
28-09-2011, 14:26
I'd be very surprsed if it wasn't the Tyrannofex/Tervigon...along with a third option to make something new with rules to be added in WD.
If it was a Harpy+"something else" kit with an entry in WD I'd be rather disappointed tbh.
The Tervigon is one of the few units in the Tyranid codex that makes them playable when coming up against some of the more powerful codicies/army list builds.

Edit: Just noticed I broke 1000 posts and hadn't noticed...Yay me!

soviet
28-09-2011, 15:19
A Harpy model, please for God's sake no! We don't need another new monster that can't get a cover save and is competing with the Pyrovore for weakest rules. Unless it gets completely re-worked.

That might be why they'd publish the rules for a new variant in WD - it would be kind of an errata by the back door. "This kit builds either a normal Harpy or a SuperMegaAwesome Deathblaster Harpy"

Faidlar
28-09-2011, 17:05
I've already converted a couple of Harpies so I'm not looking at getting any of those. But, a flying tervigon that spawns gargoyles. I'd have to have one of those. :evilgrin:

NotMyIfurita
28-09-2011, 19:42
Or an Apocalypse Mega-Tervigon that spawns Carnifexes! That's what nids have always REALLY needed!

wyvirn
28-09-2011, 22:23
Or an Apocalypse Mega-Tervigon that spawns Swarmlords! That's what nids have always REALLY needed!

Fixed it for ya :p

Mechdra
29-09-2011, 01:56
Guys, between Tyrannofex, Tervigon and Harpy, which one do you think would make a better combine kit. My money goes to Tervigon and Harpy.

Delta Echo
29-09-2011, 05:01
I don't think so... Harpy is much narrower and slighter build as "fluffwise" it's supposed to be a nimble flyer. It also has 2 less wounds, and 1 less toughness characteristic than the Tyrannofex and the Tervigon, plus when it's released I'm guessing they are going to base it on the valkerie flying base. The T-fex and Tervigon on the otherhand share functional requirements dictating a bulker body, walking legs, and appear much more similar in the codex artwork sporting 3 rows of spore chimneys.

Friedrich von Offenbach
29-09-2011, 05:32
Guys, between Tyrannofex, Tervigon and Harpy, which one do you think would make a better combine kit. My money goes to Tervigon and Harpy.

but since there is only one piece of art for the Tyrannofex and Tervigon (in the codexs, as far as i know) the models could almost take any shape and form so anything is possible

kargenetic
29-09-2011, 05:50
I don't think so... Harpy is much narrower and slighter build as "fluffwise" it's supposed to be a nimble flyer. It also has 2 less wounds, and 1 less toughness characteristic than the Tyrannofex and the Tervigon, plus when it's released I'm guessing they are going to base it on the valkerie flying base. The T-fex and Tervigon on the otherhand share functional requirements dictating a bulker body, walking legs, and appear much more similar in the codex artwork sporting 3 rows of spore chimneys.

QFT. Also, the Harpy is meant to be trygon-like, and flying. The Tfex and Tervi are both groundbased and bulky. If there's a combined kitting in the future that doesn't include a new carnifex, it's tfex/tervi. No doubt.

Sanai
29-09-2011, 07:02
What the Tyranids really need, is more Chimeras and Manticores.

ArtificerArmour
29-09-2011, 08:37
What the Tyranids really need, is more Chimeras and Manticores.

:rolleyes: did you miss this summers releases? You got both!

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat640011a&rootCatGameStyle=

Thénon
29-09-2011, 09:26
it would make sense to release a monster kit that compines kex/tfex/tervi from a buisness point of veiw and from the artwork they all seem to have the same body type so t would be easier to do so.

IMHO i`m hedging my bets on a harpy/? kit. :P

metro_gnome
29-09-2011, 14:20
Malanthrope?

nedius
29-09-2011, 17:47
If this is true, I really think it'll be disappointing. It won't be one of the kits we really want - if they had those they'd probably have released them. I think they'll save those for 6th ed, or even later - next codex now, write this one off as a bust.

I'd think it's more likely to be a finecast release, something like a ymgarl genestealer. Or, if it's a new entry, probably finecast red terror or something like that.

Souleater
29-09-2011, 20:13
Ugh, I've already got 'Ymgarl Stealers' built from the vanilla kit. I will be very dissappointed in something like the Malanthrope when they could release an Alpha Warrior, Harpy or Tervigon. Or something completely new and wonderful :D

Ventus
29-09-2011, 20:30
I hope its biomorph sprues with wings and boneswords for warriors (and lash whips)/tyrant.

At this stage I would much rather have a new dex or at least a detailed errata to fix many of the problems with the release of a kit for existing biomorphs/units. The worst thing would be to introduce something new.

slave
30-09-2011, 05:07
Only release that would help us nid players is a big 2 page middle of WD ad saying:

OOPS WE SCREWED UP, USE THE LAST CODEX UNTIL WE CAN GET OUR HEADS OUT OF OUR ASSES AND MAKE YOU ALL A REAL NID CODEX...

ghoulio
30-09-2011, 05:49
Only release that would help us nid players is a big 2 page middle of WD ad saying:

OOPS WE SCREWED UP, USE THE LAST CODEX UNTIL WE CAN GET OUR HEADS OUT OF OUR ASSES AND MAKE YOU ALL A REAL NID CODEX...

Or just a big errata/rewrite cleaning up the sillyness in our current codex (which does have some good things about it and isnt a complete write off...just mostly a write off :P )

MajorWesJanson
01-10-2011, 03:39
Combo Kit? If it is not the Tervigon/Tyrannofex, than my guess is either Harpy/New flier (Zoanharpy?) or maybe Hive Tyrant/Swarmlord/new HQMC.

-Loki-
01-10-2011, 06:43
I hope its biomorph sprues with wings and boneswords for warriors (and lash whips)/tyrant.

What a pointless release that would be for GW. People wouldn't buy it for the lashwhips or boneswords, since there's plenty of 3rd party models, but FW sellls Warrior wings anyway.