PDA

View Full Version : DoW giants

polymphus
13-04-2006, 09:07
So, do you plan to use a DoW giant in your army? I'm not planning to use one as a permanent feature but I think it'd be cool for one to turn up in my Empire army from time to time...adequately converted of course :p

samw
13-04-2006, 10:55
I play Brets so I can't. :(

Gorbad Ironclaw
13-04-2006, 11:23
I might bring one for fun in my Undeads, and maybe even Dark Elves in larger games. Not going to be buying the model though, I got some ideas for stuff I can convert.

Scythe
13-04-2006, 12:24
Maybe for my Dark Elves as a slave giant or something if I have cash and time to spare. Probably not tough.

But if I get one, I will get the older metal one. It looks way better as the plastic one.

The boyz
13-04-2006, 12:33
I was thinking off getting one for my Skaven army. I have got a thew more bits to purchase yet before I buy one, but I do want to get one sometime soon. I dont think it would be a permanent feature to my army list, just the occassional game for a bit of fun.

cookiescrumble
13-04-2006, 13:56
Probably for my skaven army i am building.

Mouldsta
13-04-2006, 14:07
Well I play DE, Beastmen, Chaos, Skaven and VC, so yeah I'll be getting one, as I can use it in all of them.

Luke
13-04-2006, 14:14
Well I may consider one for my chaos (its quite a bestial horde) but not my Dark Elves. I dont think it would suit them, not when I have spent so much time planning out nice huge regiments or red and black armour.

So no. Probably not. My dark elf force comes before my chaos (it needs expanding) and my next purchase for chaos would probably be more marauder horsies.

Getifa Ubazza
13-04-2006, 14:19
Im getting two of them, one for my chaos army which will have all the chaosy bits on it and one done as a DOW giant for any other armies i want to use it for.

I dont think i will use them in most games, only for bigger ones.

John

Frankly
13-04-2006, 14:50
I like the idea of using a gaint and it will be cool to play against them more, but I just HATE the new and old models. So I wouldn't get one.

Anvilbrow
13-04-2006, 15:14
I might buy one for my Ogres and one for my Chaos forces, but as far as using them as DOW, never.

I think the idea of including them as DOW is absurd and no more than a way to sell more of the model to justofy producing it. How the !@#& did they arrive at the armies that can use them? Tomb Kings? Are you kidding me? Frankly, I like the previous four versions better anyway and already have a couple of each.

The first time I see a Skaven SAD army with a giant, I'm going to need to be put in restraints!:mad:

metallegion
13-04-2006, 15:49
I actually Like the size of the new models... and since they are plastic I can convert them easier.

I am going to be fielding two of them... Brothers! ;) They will add fun to my chaos army.

HalfEvil333
13-04-2006, 15:55
I have fallen in love with the giants. I can't wait to field as many as I can. I've developed a thing lately with the big monsters of this game, so why not go for the biggest of the big! :D

Keller
13-04-2006, 15:57
I don't care for the new model, so I won't be buying one. However, I do have 2 new models I bought for use as Slave Giants for my OK army, and they might be drafted in my VC, DoW or Empire from time to time, though I still doubt it. A Dogs of War army, maybe; the other two, probably not.

Trunks
14-04-2006, 03:51
I won't use an actual giant, but I'll use the rules as a proxy for a big summoned elemental or demon. It'd be awesome for my Dogs of War wizard to summon some crazy elemental before the battle to destroy the enemy, or have a demon bound to his will.

skuller
14-04-2006, 04:21
bu all means for my O&G army

Tanith Ghost
14-04-2006, 07:04
I'll be getting one as soon as I can get my greedy skaven mits on one.:evilgrin: My rats need, nay DESERVE a giant mutant rat to support them.
:evilgrin:

The Black Knight
14-04-2006, 09:37
I'll be using one with my VC's as my other three armies cant have one. Probably will make a bit skeletal in some places to make it fit in with the theme:D

HalfEvil333
14-04-2006, 09:42
Ooh, giant rat for Skaven. You should make it a giant naked molerat. :D
They still owe us a proper one from SoC. :mad:

samw
14-04-2006, 16:06
Ooh, giant rat for Skaven. You should make it a giant naked molerat. :D
They still owe us a proper one from SoC. :mad:
On the contrary my friend, they provided one in the 'Hell Pit' armylist.

Krusk
14-04-2006, 16:31
You could do lots of neat things with the giant rules without actually having anything bipedal. All it has to do is fit on the base and be really big :)

Hideous Loon
14-04-2006, 17:45
I rather like the idea of a Tilean wizard (or rather, an Arabian wizard allied to the DoW army) summoning a big beastie and letting it loose upon the enemy. Maybe the Giant model could be converted into a big Genie of Djinn. It won't have to be able to fly, it only has to touch the base with its tornado tail/cloud crotch.

Lab Monkey
15-04-2006, 11:47
I voted Yes but I'm still doubting wether to buy the darn thing.

I mean, 40€!!! Is it worth it? What do you guys think? (for someone who never plays warhammer but only paints)

macbeth
15-04-2006, 12:18
I plan using a Bone Giant as a DoW giant for my Vampire Counts. Once all teh Egyptian symboles are removed, it would be feasible, I think...

Gupp
16-04-2006, 22:57
As orcs and goblins, I'll use one, but it won't be a DoW!

Reabe
16-04-2006, 23:05
I was thinking of doing a War Elephant (Called a "Tuska" in the DOW Warmaster list) instead of using the Giant Model.

Although, a Djinn summoned by a Arabyian wizard would be cool.

Some people are asking how do GW justify DOW Giants. They do it this way: Not all Giants are the stupid ones O&G and OK get. Some are smarter, and these hire themselves out for food, drink and plunder, which is often the two mentioned before. Having DOW Giants is as perfectly fine.

Cpt. Drill
16-04-2006, 23:12
I can only take a Slave giant or a regular Orc giant....

No DoW for me!