Goblin Wolf Chariot @ 50 pts
Goblin Wolf Chariot @ 50 pts

Mangler Squig @ 65 pts
Mangler Squig @ 65 pts
Doom Diver @ 80 pts
Doom Diver @80 pts
Pump Wagon @ 45 pts

Total: 1999 pts

BSB and lvl 4 go in the night goblin archer bunker and the lvl 2 goes alone near other infantry units.

Idea was to keep it very simple with some large punchy units (arrer boyz, n goblins and trolls) with plenty of support. Boar boyz are mainly for warmachine/wizard hunting but I'm considering droppping them for another pump wagon and a stone thrower.

I'm very light on character defense, but I have yet to meet opponents that run death magic and so far by characters have not been killed.

What do you guys think?

Malorian
27-09-2011, 19:26
The bsb is only 65 points.

You have no unit that can start in the watchtower.

This list seems to be a case of too many support units and not really any solid combat power.

papabearshane
27-09-2011, 19:31
I have to agree with Mal, The Gobbos will Hold units and If you Flank charge with chariots you might Win a Combat or two but thats depending alot on flank charges. Drop the Bunker to 20 so it can be your Watch Tower graber.

Why the 30 Arrer boyz and the Boar Boyz? Id drop both for a combat unit of BOs or Savages. You already have enough Flankers with the 4 Chariots.

Not trying to make it a Cookie cutter list but theres no Hard unit To win you combats.

zielonkak
27-09-2011, 20:16
drop arrer boyz, and orc boar boys and skim some points and add two blocks of reg orcs 40+ with double choppas...cheap and effective blocks....

sssk
27-09-2011, 20:25
yeah, I'd drop one or two of the manglers/pump wagon (probably 1).

I'd probably drop a doom diver

and sadly, I'd probably drop the 2 orc chariots and the boar boys (even though boar boy models are amazing).

Then you've got a mound of points (I'm too tired to do maths), with which you can get as many orcs (or savages maybe) onto the table as is possible.

I'd keep the gobbos (of course) because gobbos are great. Drop the 23 man unit down to 20 (maybe add the 3 to the 100 just so you have a unit that's bigger than malorian's?) so that it can watchtower.

I'd keep the arrer boys too.

Anyway, sorry, I'm kinda rushing around, so that's all the comments I can give for the time being. I think you could keep that army if you go to 2500 points, provided that the extra 500 points is purely rank and file orcs/gobbos...maybe

stonetroll
28-09-2011, 07:44
The bsb is only 65 points.

thanks!

You have no unit that can start in the watchtower.

Duly noted, we dont play scenarios very often, but not a bad idea to drop the bunker to 20.

This list seems to be a case of too many support units and not really any solid combat power.

100 Night Goblins and 6 trolls are not enough combat power for a measly 2000 pts? Not sure on that one, especially considering I have some sacrificial units to do some initial damage before the enemy gets to my line.

I'd probably drop a doom diver

I tried to do a list which does not rush the opposition, but instead makes them come to me, therefore I consider the arrer boyz and 2 Doom Divers rather crucial to the army. Might test the suggestion if it turns out that it won't work.

and sadly, I'd probably drop the 2 orc chariots and the boar boys (even though boar boy models are amazing).

Do you rate the boar chariots that low? IMHO their added survivability can be well utilized in an army that will not run up the opposition's throat. Boar boyz are indeed mainly in there for their looks ;).

Then you've got a mound of points (I'm too tired to do maths), with which you can get as many orcs (or savages maybe) onto the table as is possible.

I'm not a big fan of regular orcs and from what I've heard, savages tend to come in 40s which is really expensive in 2k.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I've take some into account and will test my list tonight!