PDA

View Full Version : IA11 Corsairs List

Fraggle
27-09-2011, 21:02
I've had a few requests to try and provide more info on the forthcoming Corsairs list from IA11. I will try and remember what I can but would appreciate info from anyone else who got a good look at the list at Games day.

Please remember this is just to provide an outline of what can be taken and not to post points specifics etc.

I also can't guarantee that everything will be 100% correct due to seeing multiple iterations of the list.
Here goes:

Corsairs Captain (called something a bit more fancy in the book) – large amount of equipment/weapon options

Void Dreamer – corsairs version of a farseer/warlock. Similar stats access to up to 3 powers. Can cast up to 2 per turn if spirit stones are taken.

Captains Warband – some form of elite style corsairs unit. Not sure but It may have been a form of retinue. More weapon options.

Corsairs – couple of different unit types – I think with up to 2 heavy/special weapons per squad

Rangers/pathfinders – as per codex

Kabalite warriors – able to be taken roughly as per DE codex I think.

Venom – allowed as dedicated transport for some units

Hornets + Wasps – as everyone knows already from their exp rules

Harlequins – these are still in as per codex elder but the solitaire character has gone.

Alterations since the open day – on the flick through I had at games day it seemed like the option to use DE raiders had been removed.

In answer to a couple of specific questions I don’t think that the wraithseer can be taken as part of the corsairs list, and the same with wraithguard + aspect warriors (including the shadow spectres?). Entries for these were included under craftworld elder rather than the corsairs section.
I will try and remember some more but hopefully this will at least get those of you looking to put a list together started.

Please add and correct me if possible!

zantis
27-09-2011, 22:35
Not sure what to think about kabalite warriors in that list. I was under the impression that the normal eldar, including the corsairs, hated the DE. Other than that it seems pretty cool.

Splog
27-09-2011, 22:52
Any recollection on what can be taken in a Craftworld Force? Corsair infantry and Wasps? Or is it CWE goes into the Corsair list but not vice versa?

I can see Hornets being available for CWE as they appear in IAAmk2, and I'm certainly hoping that I'll still be able to take my Wasps in my regular ol' Eldar force.

Thanks for the info. Roll on IA11 release day.

TheLaughingGod
27-09-2011, 22:56
DE like Eldar more than any other race and the reverse is true. Sure Dark Eldar are evil torturous vampires, but they aren't mon-keigh.

Shamana
27-09-2011, 23:44
DE like Eldar more than any other race and the reverse is true. Sure Dark Eldar are evil torturous vampires, but they aren't mon-keigh.

Is that so? I always thought there was some respect, but also a lot of venom between the cousins. Craftworlders see Commorites as living reminders of the sins and foolishness of their ancestors that brought their race low and doomed them, while Dark Eldar see the craftworlders as effete appeasers who are so scared of everything they betray their legacy rather than claim it.

Granted, they are family, but as long as they stay on the other side of the fense they are an anathema. If they switch... then yes, they would obviously be better than any other race. Almost like the same, really.

greenmtvince
28-09-2011, 02:35
Thanks for the compilation thread, Fraggle.

This helps me put together a list. I'm glad Forgeworld is keeping it fluffy rather than including some 0-1 Shadow spectre choices or the like to help sell more models.

Inquisitor Kallus
28-09-2011, 03:26
Indeed, Forgeworld is always about the fluff, and cool models. Thanks for the info Fraggle

feintstar
28-09-2011, 04:09
I figure that its a question of the moderates on both sides of the craftworld/DE fence coming together to form the corsairs and similar formations:

These are Corsairs - they hardly form firm adherants to the Path, wayward scions of noble houses living a life of recklessness and ill repute, romantically indulging their wanderlust in ill considered battles in the gulfs between stars - far from the rigid confines of the Path... Though on the other hand they are certainly going to treat with craftworlders, resupply with them, and even defend them as their cousins from time to time, no doubt all the while being harangued by their cousins/brothers/fathers/priests to return to the safety of the Path and deny their epicurean whims. The difference between Corsairs and Dark Eldar is that a Corsair will probably listen and feel slightly guilty before heading back into the void.

Similarly I figure that Dark Eldar kindreds would go to their Corsair brethren and say something along the lines of 'your journey to the dark side is almost complete, now join us and fulfill your destiny!' Whereupon rather than crying NO!!! the Corsair goes, 'Erm, yeah maybe? Not too sure though, you guys are a bit extreme, and besides, Slaanesh eats your souls when you die - basically you're a shortsighted fool, but I don't mind fighting alongside you, and you're good quality in small doses.' Or alternatively the Dark Eldar goes, y'know, I reckon the Kabal's infighting is really getting me down. I just want to hang out with some guys that won't stab me in the back for a while. Maybe this whole outcast life isn't so bad after all... how about I go chill with the corsairs? They won't straightjacket me like the craftworlders, and they are a lot less likely to kill me to drink my soul...'

So on the whole I'm really looking forward to this list.

Any word on what the corsair's gun does? Looks similar to the shadow spectres' weapon, but I don't know what that does either and besides you can't be sure of these things even if they do look the same.

AndrewGPaul
28-09-2011, 08:18
It may also be that they're not literally Kabalite Dark Eldar from Commoragh, but simply that the unit entry is a good representation of how some Corsair bands operate.

I thought the lasgun-looking thing that the Corsairs have was a lasbalster. Perhaps I misunderstood.

greenmtvince
28-09-2011, 15:52
After some consideration, this list looks like it's going to be very fast moving and shooty, but really fragile. Not a lot of static units except the rangers, and maybe the voidseer unless he can take the jump-pack option too. I like it.

Was this the extent of the list or do the corsairs have access to Nightwing/Phoenix, tanks/Wave Serpents, regular warwalkers, or jetbikes/vypers?

Can the Harlequins take a Venom? If so this reminds me of a Harlequin list that appeared in the Citadel Journal in the late 90s where you could put a number of Harlies on a Vyper that had no turret. Other than that, I'd have some concerns about how to get them across the field.

Fraggle
28-09-2011, 17:26
I thought the lasgun-looking thing that the Corsairs have was a lasbalster. Perhaps I misunderstood.

I think you are correct. I seem to think they have lasblasters too.

I dont think harlie could take a venom as a dedicated transport and as I remember other vehicles are rather limited for the corsairs i.e. not normal war walkers. I dont think they have access to much in the way of CWE tanks but the fliers were in.

Think the voiddreamer could have a jetpack. The FW idea is to create a mobile army.

On the reverse, I'm not sure if CWE can take Wasps? I think it may only be hornets etc.

BigBarryJazz
28-09-2011, 17:36
On the reverse, I'm not sure if CWE can take Wasps? I think it may only be hornets etc.

That would be very annoying for everyone that's bought some wasps but has no interest in starting a corsairs army since CWE can take them in the experimental rules. They'd just be expensive and curious looking warwalkers.

greenmtvince
28-09-2011, 18:03
Thanks again Fraggle! Curious, you said jetpack, but did you mean jump pack? If the little bug wings on the corsairs models are jetpacks, this list just reached a whole new level of awesome for me.

Haunter!
28-09-2011, 19:25
Thanks again Fraggle! Curious, you said jetpack, but did you mean jump pack? If the little bug wings on the corsairs models are jetpacks, this list just reached a whole new level of awesome for me.

I doubt they have jet packs. The Forge World store page refers to them as jump packs.

orz192
28-09-2011, 19:30
Can anyone give me a summary of the stats for the corsairs? I am considering getting the IA 11 book for the corsair list and I am curious as to how different they are from the other Eldar factions.

Fraggle
28-09-2011, 20:42
I doubt they have jet packs. The Forge World store page refers to them as jump packs.

When I last spoke to Warwick about them he said to me the idea was to make a JETpack army rather than jump. This would allow them to be mobile shooty and also the only real use of the jetpacks is by Tau.

You are correct about the FW site description but I think the rules may differ.

Regarding stats they seem fairly similar to normal eldar IIRC, maybe increased BS to 4 rather than 3 but TBH I didnt pay too much attention