PDA

View Full Version : Skaven brood horror/mount

Nubl0
28-09-2011, 00:00
I havent seen this asked anywhere but around my area we have agreed that the warhammer forge stuff is balanced and fine to use, no permission needed. Now what I was wondering is how the mount option works for the warlord. Does it come naked or can you uby the mount option one upgrades just like the SOM version?

Feefait
28-09-2011, 00:09
As far as I know there are no special upgrades. it has the same options as the standard horror.

Of course NOW the site is down. army builder lists extras as:
Lash Tail, Pestilent Breath, Rusted Armor, Skyre Claws

Nubl0
28-09-2011, 00:27
The general opinion around here is that it's fine to give the mount those options, none of them seem broken anyway. However I was just asking because a few people in my local GW have some objections and seem to think they are for SOM games only. I don't want to have a pick up game and be told to get rid of the horror.. infact I would just pack up right then if that was the attitude.

Mr_Rose
28-09-2011, 00:34
They may have a point regarding Lash Tail, since "tail attack" is only defined in SoM, but the rest are all generic 8e rules, IIRC.

Nubl0
28-09-2011, 00:51
True, I never intend to give mine that anyway, just the breath and armour.. perhaps the claws. I was just wondering what the general concensus was here :p

Feefait
28-09-2011, 19:46
I used one in a game today. Warlord with Warlock Weapons, Distracting shield and whatever it is tha makes an opponent reroll successful hits. He helped a slave unit beat up a unit of 30 savage orcs pretty good. Other than that he just kind of floundered around. After winning and pursuing I had to take a turn repositioning, and then failed my next charge. I will definitely use one again, soon. I was hardly overpowered.