PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer Quest Rules

Tarliyn
28-09-2011, 03:10
With all the talk of boards games, sg, and warhammer quest recently I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a copy of warhammer quest rules without shelling out 200 bucks on ebay. Just kinda curious what all the chatter is about.

Thanks,
T

Dai-Mongar
28-09-2011, 04:47
You might be able to get the rulebooks by themselves from ebay, but there's not much else that would be legal.

BooNL
28-09-2011, 09:04
Alternatively, if you frequent a FLGS you could ask the staff.

I know my local store actually saves a copy of nearly every boardgame they've stocked (if they're any good), especially GW products. In the back of the store there's an old bookcase filled with games such as Quest, Mordheim, Epic, Talisman. Oh, the joys of independants stockists...

Anyway, my point is, ask someone there. They may have a copy lying around at home.

Ironmonger
28-09-2011, 18:49
The rules are fun and clean, but the game is really designed to be viewed in light of each and every piece that it comes with (the role-play elements, cards, floors/doors, etc.). Just tracking down the rules would be a fun read, I'm sure, but the game is THE GAME, and not just the way you play it.

golembane
28-09-2011, 22:21
Nothing like getting the Dieing Dwarf event, giving the card to the Warrior Priest only for the Warrior Priest to get a mad Minotaur to smash his face in to lose that card, then in the next room the Portcullis event followed by the cave in event. Of course going room to room and having the Dwarf and Elven Ranger not being able to hit a white whale on a black barn, or having the Dwarf constantly flopping onto his beard doesn't help the trek much either, especially when the main healing spell of the Wizard requires Wounds to be dealt. Oh how the Gods of Random disliked our trek into the darkness that night.

What to do once everyone is dead? Look to see how many rooms you had left to the objective room, then shuffle up a new dungeon deck and play again hoping the new heroes have a better fate. That's a good game right there, and simply old school Warhammer.

The rules are great, and the old school Warhammer dark humor is heavily entwined with the game, but you can't really 'feel' it until you play the game.