PDA

View Full Version : First Try at skaven 2.5k

goodz
28-09-2011, 05:37
I have hardly ever played 8th as we stuck with 7th for a long time. I have also never played with/against Skaven as no one in our group had them!

Lord:

Grey Seer - 310
Talisman of Preservation, Dispel Scroll

Heroes:

Warlock Engineer - 45
Doom Rocker

Chieftan - 124
BSB, Armour of Destiny, Great Weapon

Plague Priest - 315
Level 2, Plague Furnace, Talisman of Endurance

Core:

30 Clan rats - 210
Warp fire thrower, full command

30 Clan rats - 205
Poison Mortar Team, full comand

40 Storm Vermin - 345
Full Command, Banner of eternal flame, Shields

60 slaves - 150
Shields

Special:

50 Plague Monks - 335
Full Command, Plague Banner

Rare:

2 Warp lightning Cannons - 180

Doom Wheel - 150

Total points: 2439
I don't have any more slaves but have plenty of other models, any suggestions on what i could do with leftover points / things i should change. I am very uncertain as to what equipment to use on heroes...

cheers

ftayl5
28-09-2011, 05:52
I quite like this list. My only advice would be to drop the Slaves Shields as they don't need them and buy shields for your clanrats.

Good list thouugh.

BRETELF
28-09-2011, 05:59
Your bsb, which banner did you have in mind?

Rosstifer
28-09-2011, 06:01
Needs more Abomination. But if you don't have the model then I'd say it's a good tough list without being over the top. Looks fun too.
Perhaps try and fit Rival Hide Talisman on the Priest? It's a reasonable buy.

BRETELF
28-09-2011, 06:04
You could drop the unit of slaves all together and get a screaming bell for your grey seer!

goodz
28-09-2011, 15:09
I thought my BSB would be better off to have a ward save then a magic banner, storm banner is cool but i have a fair bit of shooting myself so I am unsure if it is really worth taking.

HPA does have an awesome stat line, I don't own one and for some reason am not in love with the model but I will think about getting it if I am having a hard time winning any games.

The rival hide is nice, but can the priest not hide on the furnace in a similar manner to a grey seer on a bell? i have not read all the rules very close yet!

Dropping slave shields and adding to clan rats i guess makes sense i was hoping to avoid much combat with the clan rats and to have the slaves last a long as possible!

I have a couple questions,

can storm vermin fight with halberds and shields at the same time? Also I am not sure how a weapons team works in combat / being shot at.

Oogie boogie boss
28-09-2011, 15:39
Drop the shields on your slaves, but some Poison Wind Globadiers. Other than that, good list.

BRETELF
28-09-2011, 18:18
I need to correct myself, BSBS cant take banners if they have magic items :p

Morax
28-09-2011, 19:33
I thought my BSB would be better off to have a ward save then a magic banner, storm banner is cool but i have a fair bit of shooting myself so I am unsure if it is really worth taking.

HPA does have an awesome stat line, I don't own one and for some reason am not in love with the model but I will think about getting it if I am having a hard time winning any games.

The rival hide is nice, but can the priest not hide on the furnace in a similar manner to a grey seer on a bell? i have not read all the rules very close yet!

Dropping slave shields and adding to clan rats i guess makes sense i was hoping to avoid much combat with the clan rats and to have the slaves last a long as possible!

I have a couple questions,

can storm vermin fight with halberds and shields at the same time? Also I am not sure how a weapons team works in combat / being shot at.

First, storm vermin CANNOT fight with halberds and shields at the same time, the shield at that point would be solely to protect them from shooting/magic. I believe the errata on the GW website covers how weapon teams function being shot at and in combat the work like any other unit.

Things to do with your remaining points.

The best usage would probably be 30 more slaves...or better yet dropping the shields off of the 60 man unit of slaves and fielding 45 more slaves...

Your list is running a lot of weapon teams and warmachines. They work best when you can predict where an opposing unit is going to be. You can do that if you anchor it down with a big unit of slaves... Failing that I would go for something like a Terrorchief to lead a unit of clan rats. I have always found him a fun addition to things.

Bubbasan
28-09-2011, 21:44
Drop the furnace and the talisman and you have enough for a bell. Then drop the priest and 15 monks to pick up another large unit of clanrats with shields/spear. Drop the champs from your core units as well as shields from your stormvermin and give your clanrats units shields. Any left over points drop to grab another unit of 40 slaves after you drop the shields from the 60man unit.

Over all this gives you a big unbreakable lvl4 protected seer unit, a large nasty monk unit, doomwheel, tar pit slaves, and some combat stormvermin.