PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this (Daemon Prince challenge)

Jack of Blades
28-09-2011, 10:40
You're playing SoM, you have a WoC DP, it's not your general. You are facing an Exalted Vermin Lord (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/v/Verminlord.pdf). Your DP's sole task is to kill it.

1. Is it possible for the DP to do so?
2. If yes, how would you do it? what lore would you take, any gifts, any mythic artefacts?

(And in general how would you destroy this thing?)

majian
28-09-2011, 15:44
That thing is a beast......

i dont think a DP could do it, that vermin will eat just about anything.

i would try a chaos lord Tzeetch with crimson armor, Talisman of preservation,potion of speed, mounted at least on a horse or may be a Dragon if going all out? and....

then take the dawnsword.

that will give u 4s to hit on both sides, pop potion so it doesnt get to reroll hits,
u have a 1+AS -4from th str7 hits and a 3+ ward, you also wont be taking d6 wounds but only 1 for anything unsaved, then retort with 10a + SoM status..... Equilibrium or Dominance and u eat the Vermin.

Nocculum
28-09-2011, 17:08
Apopropt, Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Mark of Nurgle
Level 4 Wizard (Lore of Nurgle)

Acid Ichor

505 points.

majian
28-09-2011, 20:02
Apopropt, Daemon Prince of Nurgle
Mark of Nurgle
Level 4 Wizard (Lore of Nurgle)

Acid Ichor

505 points.

??
Vermin walks up and squishes the prince, u cause 4 str4 hits against his T7 5+ward, and 7W....for 505pts?
level 4 nurgle spells do nothing, maybe cause a wound, maybe give your self regen, but still die to a single one of his 7 str 7 d6w causeing hits...that ASF I9... that thing is a beast....

Doommasters
28-09-2011, 22:51
Daemon Princes are up there with the worst units in the game IMO.

Great fluff, great idea.....poorly balanced for what they do

Vermin Lord > DP everytime

theunwantedbeing
28-09-2011, 23:11
1. Is it possible for the DP to do so?

In combat yes, provided he has the most insane luck on his side.
A Tzeentch one could feasably kill it using magic from afar.

2. If yes, how would you do it? what lore would you take, any gifts, any mythic artefacts?

I'de make sure I could rack up a +13 modifier over the thing.
Challenge, watch it die.

Failing that, magic it from far away because it can and will make an utter mockery of damned near everything in a fight.
Hellcanons would be useful.

Nubl0
28-09-2011, 23:15
Funny... a skaven that kicks total ass. I don't think you can actaully do anything to beat that with a DP, hell it even trashes the other exalted daemons most of the time. Only one that gives it problems would be the Exalted keeper.

Tzeentch Lover
28-09-2011, 23:32
Daemon Prince
Level 1, Mark of Slannesh
375 Points

Cast the BS "Ld2, stupidity, No General or BSB for +5 to cast" slaanesh cataclysm hex on it all game. Win. :wtf:

Seriously though, I'd take a (DoC)Daemon Prince with Many Armed Monstrosity, Unnatural Swiftness, and the Dawnstar Sword, and pray that 14(or is it 12?) auto wounds will kill it.
375 Points(+Dawnstar Sword).

majian
29-09-2011, 00:04
useing SoM rules for a demonic pack, put down your WoC book and pick up the DoC one.

1.Greater unclean one with Noxious Vapors and balesword atleast lvl 1 with sig spell will ruin the vermins day.

2.greater keeper with dawnsword and laugh.

3.use said nurlge sig spell and purple sun to combo the beast in to a I1 purple sun test.....

Doommasters
29-09-2011, 01:29
Great Unclean one is getting a bit beyond a DP, may aswell just take Archeon then....

Althwen
29-09-2011, 11:44
That thing is a beast......

i dont think a DP could do it, that vermin will eat just about anything.

i would try a chaos lord Tzeetch with crimson armor, Talisman of preservation,potion of speed, mounted at least on a horse or may be a Dragon if going all out? and....

then take the dawnsword.

This, but instead of Dawnsword you can also take the Glaive of Putrefaction from the WOC armybook... it's so much fun if you wound even only once!

Mullitron
29-09-2011, 15:43
Possible, but obviously going to be hard taking on one of the strongest creatures in the game! Personally i would take mot, fury of the blood god, you could then take third eye if you want to use your opponents spells against them, or tendrils of Tzeentch to help you control the magic phase that you will rely on to kill it.

OldMaster
29-09-2011, 22:40
This, but instead of Dawnsword you can also take the Glaive of Putrefaction from the WOC armybook... it's so much fun if you wound even only once!

That's totally what I would do. xD
Plus Helm of Many Eyes to strike first and pray.

Tzeentch Lover
29-09-2011, 22:49
I missed that is has to be the WoC DP.

The DP is pretty much boned then. Especially, as some people seem to have forgotten, the DP can't take any magic items(except for the SoM items).

BigbyWolf
29-09-2011, 23:21
Simply put, you shouldn't be tasking the DP to take it on anyway. It's outclassed.

If you're playing SoM, just invest a similar amount of points in your own big gribbly to take it on, or throw a bucket load of buffed up Tzeentch Chosen at it. That's probably your best bet.

snottlebocket
29-09-2011, 23:22
That exalted vermin lord is in a completely different league as decked out demon princes.