PDA

View Full Version : is this VC list horrible?

jimyg
28-09-2011, 19:01
I have been thinking about making this 2000 point army just because it would look amazing.

vampire lord on zombie dragon

5 blood knights full command

19 skeletons full command
Banshee

corpse cart with necromancer

20 skeletons spears full command

20 grave guard full command

Morax
28-09-2011, 19:35
Yes it is horrible because it doesn't meet the core requirements and is therefor illegal.

jimyg
28-09-2011, 19:58
how does it not meet the core requirements?
2000 point army
lord
2 units of skeletons

Yes it is horrible because it doesn't meet the core requirements and is therefor illegal.

RealMikeBob
28-09-2011, 19:59
Not legal in 8th edition.

Thénon
28-09-2011, 20:05
8th ed uses percentages where's 7th ed just need a certain number of core choices.

You need at least 25% of your points in core so for 2000pts you need 500 pta in skeles.

Loopstah
28-09-2011, 20:12
Yep, 25% in Core and that doesn't include Bats/ Carts/ Wolves.

Dirty Diszle
01-10-2011, 18:37
That and you would have nothing like enough on the table anyway. If it was versus my empire your dragon would get cannoned twice in the first turn and then you army crumbles.

Might I suggest having your leader in a better place. Putting him on top of a giant rotting target wont end happily.

Lathrael
01-10-2011, 18:40
Yes.

I would like to comment on each unit entry but noticed that the word above is enough answer since all do suck :p

And it's not even legal :p

Oogie boogie boss
03-10-2011, 10:20
Like all basic infantry in the new rules, your Skeles need to be at least 30 strong, preferably 40, ideally 50. Ditch the Dragon, at 2,000pts it will stand out too much and get killed.
Maybe invest in some ghouls?
If you want a monster at this level go with a Varghulf.
And keep your Vamp in a unit where he will get some protection and can swing a combat.
I do like the fact that you're core are skeles though, loads of people seem to be ignoring them in favour of ghouls and graveguard. Similar to people ignoring Orc Boys in favour of Savage Orcs and Black Orcs (a pet peeve of mine, when people don't take the Core units which define the army fluff-wise and give it a strong backbone).

theunwantedbeing
03-10-2011, 10:29
That and you would have nothing like enough on the table anyway. If it was versus my empire your dragon would get cannoned twice in the first turn and then you army crumbles.

Might I suggest having your leader in a better place. Putting him on top of a giant rotting target wont end happily.

As much as I want to agree with you, unless you are facing empire/dwarves regularly there really isn't anything wrong with having a big cool winged beastie to fly your general around on. The new zombie dragon model is just far too cool to pass up on in my opinion.

The best thing is to take a ward save for the general, incase he gets shot at by the local empire/dwarven lot.

ihavetoomuchminis
03-10-2011, 10:50
THE VC book has a 3+ ward against shooting talisman.