PDA

View Full Version : Tamurkhan: Throne of Chaos discussion [CONTAINS SPOILERS]

Grimstonefire
28-09-2011, 20:11
Having put it in the title, I think it's fair to assume people know already that this is discussion of the tarmurkhan story, lists, rules etc and anything else that isn't 'news or rumour'.

IT CONTAINS SPOILERS OF THE STORY. Saves us all having to put spoiler tags on everything. :D

So, for those that don't mind spoilers or aren't inclined ever to buy the book....

It's not the destruction of Altdorf, but the near destruction of Nuln! :eek:

It's not set in the future, if anything I believe it's set in an alternate near present (exactly as Mark Bedford said to me it would be last Nov). I presume this is the case, as there is a countess of Nuln still. Actually, I say 'alternate'... There is no future in the warhammer world as they've frozen the timeline... So this might as well be THE near future.

There is no discussion at all of who the emperor is (he has no part in the story).

There's only a brief mention of what else is happening in the empire recently, one of which being a resurgence of vamps in Sylvania.

Leitpold is nobody important.

No notable people in the warhammer world are involved.

Ogres take a beating.
Chaos Dwarfs take a beating (though mostly hobgoblins! :))
Border princes take a real beating.
Night Goblins take an almighty beating
Empire takes it worse.

Chaos loses... However... it's hinted at the end that one of the main chaos characters will appear in another book soon where the next part of his saga continues. I guess Chaos never loses really, because they damage the empire for decades every time.

Nuln itself isn't really damaged, but it's army is virtually wiped out. Tamurkhan unleashes some sort of plague at the end as well.

Chaos Dwarfs do reasonably OK out of it. The army takes a great deal of casualties, but takes a lot in slaves and more importantly knowledge...

Overall it's a great read actually. It focuses almost entirely from the WoC point of view, with occasional bits from the CD and Nuln characters point of view.

Something I was very disappointed about was that they didn't bring along the bull centaurs or K'daai on the campaign. :( Would have been nice reading about them in action.

Jericho
28-09-2011, 20:17
Supposedly we get to read about them (Bull Centaurs) in the upcoming Arcana book? Anyway glad to hear it's a good read, I certainly plan on picking it up. Never got any of the Imperial Armor books but this one I can't say no to.

WRT the next step in a character's saga... didn't they say there wasn't going to be any "sequels" or continuation of this timeline?

Grimstonefire
28-09-2011, 20:26
See that's what's a bit confusing really.

Alan Bligh is clearly a Conan fan. The commentary on the 'chapter one' page, after reading this I instantly thought of the first minute of Conan the Barbarian (the arnie one) before the title music kicks in. Some of the wording is very similar.

The final comment 'and this story will also be told' (or words to that effect) are the final words on Conan the Barbarian.

Seeing as they delayed the book a very long time because of needing artwork, I really can't imagine they'd go to print with that line still there if they don't intend to carry on the story somehow.

Maybe not with Tamurkhan sacking altdorf (as he most certainly won't ;)), but with this 'Faithless' (who I believe must be Sayl) taking part in another chaos book.

Also, in no way would this book stop them producing any other book in the same alt timeline. Nuln is a major city, yes, but it's near destruction wouldn't stop the rest of the Empire being invaded in another book. They barely mention what's going on with the empire.

Scribe of Khorne
28-09-2011, 21:31
There's only a brief mention of what else is happening in the empire recently, one of which being a resurgence of vamps in Sylvania.

Foreshadowing the incoming Vampires book?

Urgat
28-09-2011, 21:59
but with this 'Faithless' (who I believe must be Sayl)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Warhammer/WARHAMMER_CHAOS/SAYL-THE-FAITHLESS-AND-NIGHTMAW.html

No, you think so? :p

popisdead
28-09-2011, 22:13
Ogres take a beating.
Chaos Dwarfs take a beating (though mostly hobgoblins! :))
Border princes take a real beating.
Night Goblins take an almighty beating
Empire takes it worse.

So you are saying in Warhammer stuff dies :p

Overall it's a great read actually.

Great! thanks for sharing. I'm excited to get a copy!

Grimstonefire
28-09-2011, 23:06
@Urgat

I had to go and double check, but when I wrote the above I thought Sayl had died (as he takes a bullet to the helmet). Turns out he was only knocked off his mammoth.

The way it is written doesn't mention "Sayl", just the Faithless with a capital F.

So clearly it is him. He's got a big part in almost the whole story btw.

Incidently, the Chaos Dwarf leader has a special pact with Sayl, so if he's due to come back soon I imagine the CD story will continue...

Urgat
29-09-2011, 06:44
Sorry, I just thought it was funny, especially how it's written everywhere in caps, even in the url :p Btw I hate you for having the book already. I'll get it for xmas I guess.

Primal Exile
29-09-2011, 06:54
Where does Edvard fit in?

Jack of Blades
29-09-2011, 08:10
I read that there are rules for some Paragon of Chaos thing. All units that have the same mark including Undivided receive bonuses when more of your enemy's units are destroyed or fleeing, and malus when it's the other way around. I don't remember if you pick your general or any character to be the Paragon but...

1) Does the Paragon itself get an extra bonus?
2) Does it apply to characters (I assume it does but:) and if so do they get a different bonus compared to say RnF?
3) What does the bonus look like (especially Undivided's bonus)?

Grimstonefire
29-09-2011, 10:42
I'll leave it to others to go into details here, as there's 2 pages crammed full of rules on the paragons.

But simply.
1. Yes, a 5+ ward save that combines if there's an existing one.
2. Special characters... I presume so.
3. Also answering 2nd half of 2. Basically there are 5 paragons, one to each god and an undivided one. The selection rules are altered here and there. The undivided one is something about a devastating charge from memory (don't have the book with me). Effects all units, so presumably the bonus is the same.

Jack of Blades
29-09-2011, 11:16

Anodyr
29-09-2011, 11:34
Quick question - what season does the attack on Nuln take place in? (Want to theme my Empire army around the battle...)

Eddie Chaos
29-09-2011, 11:38
If Sayl is back in a future book I think we can look forward to him getting a big scary mount.

The book is great btw

logan054
29-09-2011, 13:55
I'll leave it to others to go into details here, as there's 2 pages crammed full of rules on the paragons.

But simply.
1. Yes, a 5+ ward save that combines if there's an existing one.
2. Special characters... I presume so.
3. Also answering 2nd half of 2. Basically there are 5 paragons, one to each god and an undivided one. The selection rules are altered here and there. The undivided one is something about a devastating charge from memory (don't have the book with me). Effects all units, so presumably the bonus is the same.

1: So basically you can have a guy with a 2+ wardsave?
3: Do you have any information on the Khorne one, I would be interested to see if finally a Khorne mono god army is viable again :)

Deff Mekz
29-09-2011, 16:14
It's not the destruction of Altdorf, but the near destruction of Nuln! :eek:

Of course! You could never allow Altdorf to be destroyed, it's just another tally in the sackings of Nuln. :p

Deff

Grimstonefire
29-09-2011, 21:42
@Anodyr

Not sure exactly. The fields are green and the river isn't frozen, so I presume summer or autumn maybe?

@Logan
Max 3+ ward (nice try ;))

Khorne MR (1).

Just to point something out, mixed god armies may suffer in a Great Host because of the Antagonists rule.

Khorne it's slaanesh (and vice versa)
Tzeentch it's Nurgle (and vice versa)

So the antagonists never benefit from the paragon being ascendancy (getting the army bonus by having fewer friendly units fleeing and enemy units destroyed).

You don't get the bonus all the time. If your total is less... bad news indeed. Alas, the gods are fickle.

Incidently I've sent FW an email asking about how the Legion of Azgorh fits into the Great Host, as it's very confusing.

Something I just saw on Dakka no idea where it's from but it does set things out a bit better than I have

The Great Host Of Chaos

Designed to be used in 3000 or more grand armies.

Normal army composition but you can mix and match characters and units from

Warriors of chaos
Beastmen
Demons

One lord must be chosen as the paragon there can be 5 types, undivided, one for each mark of chaos.

Only core units from your paragons army book may use inspiring presence and hold your ground special rules all the time.

Some units are classed as being antagonistic and may never use IP or HYG.

EXAMPLE A Slaanesh warriors unit cannot use the IP of a Khorne Paragon.

Warriors can choose between all 5 paragon choices
Beastmen can only do undivided paragons
Daemonic paragons make the whole army immune to psychology but none demonic units are at -1 LD.

The host can suffer army wide problems due to a rule called the tide of consquests.
This is measured by the number if chaos units fleeing or destroyed in comparison to the enemy armies fleeing and destroyed.

If chaos have more fleeing and destroyed its bad, if the enemy has more fleeing or destroyed you get a cool bonus depending on what paragon you choose.

Eg. Slaanesh paragons in ascendancy grant +1 to all hex casting rolls. ALL enemy units are at minus 1 initiative.

If the paragon dies your whole army can disintegrate.

It's all very cool and well written.

Their is a designers note saying that this rule set is not meant for "win at all cost" style playing or for list tailoring. The designer goes onto say that its not designed for this "more
mean spirited style if play".

Essentially its aimed more at beer and pretzels style play.

Did Tamurkhan have any updated rules for the Mammoth with howdah?

Yes the howdah can hold a unit of 20 models they garrison it as a building but only large targets can assault it. The unit can't fight in close combat unless its assaulted.

It would make a good platform for a sorcerer lord or beastmen shaman.

Battle howdah T6 W6

Or it can take a warshrine instead giving both the warshrine and mammoth a 5+ ward save.

Warshrine T6 W4

Marks give it bonuses different to normal marks other than the mark of Nurgle and tzeentch which is the same.

Khorne Rerolls number of attacks, Slaanesh stubborn.

Oh its has regular thunderstomp so no stomping everything like in storm of magic.

Except it appears that if you roll a 3-4 vs infantry warbeasts cavalry or swarms you do 4d6 stomp attacks. So that an exception which allows you to stomp cavalry!

logan054
30-09-2011, 17:40
@Logan
Max 3+ ward (nice try ;))

Khorne MR (1).

Just to point something out, mixed god armies may suffer in a Great Host because of the Antagonists rule.

So the antagonists never benefit from the paragon being ascendancy (getting the army bonus by having fewer friendly units fleeing and enemy units destroyed).

You don't get the bonus all the time. If your total is less... bad news indeed. Alas, the gods are fickle.

Hmm this sounds interesting actually, I might actually get me playing warhammer again if I can go back to using my mixed daemon, beast and warrior army :) I just hope they do something other than MR1 to make a mono Khorne army far more viable with how magic works in 8th. Trust me I am happy the wardsave has a cap, it would be silly otherwise, one thing that concerns me is how these rules would effect the use of chaos hounds :(

Dan_Lee
30-09-2011, 17:50
I really want to buy the book, and I've waited long enough, but where can I get it? I can't find it on the Forgeworld website and it doesn't come up when I use their own search function.

Leth Shyish'phak
30-09-2011, 18:06
Its not for sale yet, unless you bought it at games day you have to wait.

MikeInfinitum
30-09-2011, 18:19
I haven't read the book but at Games Day someone asked about the "alternate time line" in the Forge World seminar. They said they ditched that idea, changed things around and it now fits in with 'normal' warhammer continuity.

Primal Exile
30-09-2011, 19:53
For those who have read it how does Edvard Van Der Kraal fit into the storyline?

Spider-pope
30-09-2011, 20:03
I haven't read the book but at Games Day someone asked about the "alternate time line" in the Forge World seminar. They said they ditched that idea, changed things around and it now fits in with 'normal' warhammer continuity.

Given Rick Priestlys rapid departure, i would imagine Forgeworld had little choice in changing the whole "alternate timeline" idea. Shame really, as that was the main appeal of the book for me, so now it's doubtful i will fork out the cash for it.

Grimstonefire
30-09-2011, 21:40
@Primal
See pm. For the benefit of everyone else I don't remember Edvard doing anything notable at all in the story. Not 100% sure he is mentioned at all.

Whilst the alt timeline idea was dropped, they clearly have intended some crossover with whatever chaos book is next. Which clearly there will be another of fairly soon, chaos being important to FW releases it seems.

RanaldLoec
01-10-2011, 08:22
The story is set 10 years before the current date, Karl Franz is mentioned but he's a young man off fighting some other evil out if the way so he can't interfere.

I love who we get an input from Dakka I started reading the brief description then I thought I recognise this.

It's what I typed out last Sunday night. LOL

Valnir
01-10-2011, 09:24
Was there any hints as to where and whom the next book will focus on?

eldargal
01-10-2011, 09:26
Well the next Warhammer Forge book is Monstrous Arcana which as far as we know has no story. Beyond that I've not heard anything. I hope they go for something a bit more original than another Chaos invasion myself.

jtrowell
01-10-2011, 10:19
There were rumours of a bretonnia vs Tomb Kings next (after monstruous arcana of course)

txamil
01-10-2011, 18:25
When will it be for sale ot the general public?

logan054
01-10-2011, 22:14
Whilst the alt timeline idea was dropped, they clearly have intended some crossover with whatever chaos book is next. Which clearly there will be another of fairly soon, chaos being important to FW releases it seems.

This would also make me very happy depending what they did with it, thats another topic anyways, I wonder what other chaos stuff they have planned for warhammer forge.

Jack of Blades
02-10-2011, 02:24
Hmm this sounds interesting actually, I might actually get me playing warhammer again if I can go back to using my mixed daemon, beast and warrior army :)

Reading that even you feel the joy of this strikes something in me, it makes me happy :)

I just received my Maelstrom-ordered Chaos units and an auction. Now to start my army I have a Daemon Prince, Sorcerer, 10 Knights, 24 Warriors, 36 Marauders, 10 Warhounds and a whole bunch of 6th ed Ogre miniatures I had since earlier that I can use for Chaos Ogres. I couldn't feel better about having picked Chaos to start Warhammer with in such a promising time as this.

Leth Shyish'phak
02-10-2011, 21:59
As much as I want to use the Tamurkhan chaos horde rules just to get my fairly large chaos army on the table again, I just can't stop thinking, "Timewarp on warriors, Timewarp on warriors, Timewarp on warriors...". :evilgrin:

logan054
02-10-2011, 23:07
Reading that even you feel the joy of this strikes something in me, it makes me happy :)

I just received my Maelstrom-ordered Chaos units and an auction. Now to start my army I have a Daemon Prince, Sorcerer, 10 Knights, 24 Warriors, 36 Marauders, 10 Warhounds and a whole bunch of 6th ed Ogre miniatures I had since earlier that I can use for Chaos Ogres. I couldn't feel better about having picked Chaos to start Warhammer with in such a promising time as this.

Hah well it might actually bring some of the fun back into the list, atm its about as much fun as watching paint dry :(

Jack of Blades
02-10-2011, 23:32
How cheap do you guys think it is to include The Blue Scribes in a WoC SoM army? I love magic and massive amounts of power dice :evilgrin: I just don't want to hear ''wow that thing is so overpowered''.

Valaraukar
03-10-2011, 09:22
@Primal
See pm. For the benefit of everyone else I don't remember Edvard doing anything notable at all in the story. Not 100% sure he is mentioned at all.

I think he leads the assault of the 4 Marienburg Landships against the Chaos dwarfs outside Nuln with him and his manaan's blades riding in on them then abseiling down to fight.

Urgat
03-10-2011, 13:22
Tamurkahn + SoM question:
with the tamurkhan list, would it be possible to make a big Throgg + doombull army (trolls and minotaurs baby!) + OnG trolls as SoM contingent list? That would be instant nerdgasm...

sssk
03-10-2011, 13:34
It's not the destruction of Altdorf, but the near destruction of Nuln!

Now there's a surprise. What's that? An Army is attacking the Empire? Must be headed for Nuln...

I really do think that if the Empire had any sense they would just move everyone out of Nuln. Then during every incurrsion (of any race, at any time in the entire history and presumably future of the empire) they would essentially go untouched, as the attackers would just sack Nuln and then disappear like usual.

Urgat
03-10-2011, 13:47
Gorbad did go for Altdorf :p Also Grom didn't sack Altdorf, but he did leave the Reikland in ruins, and took Middenheim (hah! And I don't care if you don't like the change :p). In short, as usual, everybody is boring excepted the greenskins, and the one who tops it all, is, of course, the goblin!

Jack of Blades
03-10-2011, 14:09
with the tamurkhan list, would it be possible to make a big Throgg + doombull army (trolls and minotaurs baby!) + OnG trolls as SoM contingent list? That would be instant nerdgasm...

Yeah, why wouldn't it? go ahead :p

cokeisit
03-10-2011, 15:34
Ohhhhh
I want this booook sooooo baddddd. hnnnggghh
Thanks for all the tantalizing tidbits ....

logan054
03-10-2011, 16:50
fingers crossed we get a Khorne warrior priest or something!

Lester
03-10-2011, 17:53
A few questions to those who got the book at GD UK:
What Empire stuff is in the book?
What Binding scrolls are in the book?
Is there stuff for other armies besides chaos and empire?

Doommasters
04-10-2011, 04:53

I am seriosuly thinking about cutting back on my VC purchases and going Chaos under one banner. I can't see anyone being against this provided you don't just take the most broken combos from each book.

The biggest thing about WoC for me is how boring they can be to play, but when you can mix the 4 armies OMG so exciting!!!!!

Yay for Chaos, anyone know when you can buy this book?

McNs
20-10-2011, 22:22
Would anyone be kind enough to spoil what the Nurgle Paragon gets a bonus? Much appreicated!

Dreadlordpaul
27-10-2011, 11:15
Is there anything to do with the vampire counts at all in this book or is there going to be a book which focuses on them because personally if there is I hope Nagash is in it BECAUSE I WANT TO FIELD HIM D;

Far2Casual
27-10-2011, 12:17
@Anodyr

Really ?

I would have imagined :

Khorne vs Tzeentch, anti-magic vs magic
Slaanesh vs Nurgle, aestheticism vs ugliness

Deff Mekz
27-10-2011, 12:23
It dates back to the 90's where some gods hated each other.

Khorne hated Slaanesh and vice versa (I think becuase of a massive war between them)
Tzeentch hated Nurgle and vice versa (IIRC it was because Tzeentch didn't like how Nurgle was so dieseasy/samey when it came to change, but I really can't remember on this one)

Deff

Jack of Blades
27-10-2011, 14:33
Really ?

I would have imagined :

You really think the gods would be so superficial? :p

SonoftheMountain
27-10-2011, 14:47
the whole Chaos god rivalry borke down like this:

Khorne hates Slaanesh because Slannesh is all about hedonism, and pleasure; where Khorne is all about rage and conflict

Tzeentch and Nurgle hate each other because Nurgle wants things to remain stagnant, decay and rot; and Tzeench is always changing and innovating.

of the 2, the Khorne/Slaanesh one is definatelty the stranger reason for conflict

Memnos
27-10-2011, 14:52
Khorne disliked Slaanesh's prancing ways. Khorne was about conflict and war while Slaanesh was not.

Tzeentch is about change and evolution. Nurgle is about stagnation,decay, death and devolution.

blood_beast
28-10-2011, 13:05
Australian GW stores got the book during the week and I picked up my copy yesterday. The Great Host Chaos rules are very cool, the new Empire characters are pretty interesting. Also the Chaos Dwarf list is amazing. Sure it's not exactly the same as the old lists, but I can't see why anyone would have a problem with it. It's balanced, has enough big nasties (war machine trains and Kda'ai Destroyers) to be competitive and seems very characterful.

And the book itself is amazing - great artwork and presentation, the story is well written and it's huge! Much bigger and thicker than a normal army book.

SunTzu
28-10-2011, 13:24
Stunning book. Well worth the price. Already found myself planning to extend my Warriors of Chaos army into a Chaos Great Host, and expand into a Chaos Dwarf army as well, and get a Landship for my Empire, and... wind up bankrupt, most likely. Phenomenal production values in the book though.

blood_beast
28-10-2011, 13:42
I get what you mean, as soon as I heard about the Great Host I started planning to run units from all three books. Now I am being lured by the idea of getting enough CD stuff to run a whole army.

And mammoths, oh my. How do I resist MAMMOTHS?!

Liber
28-10-2011, 13:57
Really ?

I would have imagined :

People really should read The Liber Chaotica.

I'd bet you could find a good download on one of them torrent sites...not that i know...nor would i condone such illegal plundering....

:shifty:

The Yak
28-10-2011, 13:58
What Nuln has been sacked? I find that hard to believe.

Can anyone tell me what new Empire stuff there is please. Is it just the stuff they have released so far or is there other regiments/Characters listed?

Deff Mekz
28-10-2011, 14:33
the whole Chaos god rivalry borke down like this:

Khorne hates Slaanesh because Slannesh is all about hedonism, and pleasure; where Khorne is all about rage and conflict

Tzeentch and Nurgle hate each other because Nurgle wants things to remain stagnant, decay and rot; and Tzeench is always changing and innovating.

of the 2, the Khorne/Slaanesh one is definatelty the stranger reason for conflict

That's the one, well I was on the right lines. :p

Deff

SunTzu
28-10-2011, 14:41
And mammoths, oh my. How do I resist MAMMOTHS?!

I know, right!?!?! I want one "naked", one with a howdah, and one with a Warshrine... Maybe more...

blood_beast
29-10-2011, 01:40
Yeah I was thinking 2 with Shrines and one with a howdah. All Khorne marked of course...

logan054
29-10-2011, 12:51
A few questions to those who got the book at GD UK:
What Empire stuff is in the book?
What Binding scrolls are in the book?
Is there stuff for other armies besides chaos and empire?

You have binding scrolls for Siege giants, bile trolls, carmine dragons (you can have a emperor one which can be a lvl4 with lore of death), toad dragon.

For the empire you have Theodore Bruckner, Jubal Falk (engineer guy), women on dragon, landship Captain of Manann's blades who basically allows you to give a unit of swordsmen a special banner for 50pts as but he has to be with the unit, Lietpold. This guy seems verys interesting if you want a slightly different empire army, you can't take certain obvious character choices you can take a single core from Bret, ogres or dwarfs.

Aside that it gives you some nice new missions to play and all the rules you could need to play a chaos invasion, their is no reason why these couldn't be adapted for other races.

Brother Alexos
29-10-2011, 20:39
I would really like some more backround on the Lietpold army. I really think it's cool they've finally done something for the Border Princes.

RanaldLoec
29-10-2011, 21:04
I would really like some more backround on the Lietpold army. I really think it's cool they've finally done something for the Border Princes.

From memory my book is at home.

lietpold gets his butt kicked as the tomato lord heads from chaos dwarf country to the empire via the border princes.

He later gets hired to lead the empire cavalry in the Nuln army.

His rules allows a unit to be taken from bretonnia, dwarfs or ogres core choices but it doesn't count towards the 25% min.

He's a Templar Grand Master.

ivan55599
05-11-2011, 11:34
Does FW change rules for daemon prince of Nurgle? By this I mean, do they still have fly-rule?

logan054
05-11-2011, 12:10
It doesn't change any rules of models, it just gives additional ones, in a combined list no reason why you can't use a DoC daemon prince as well as a normal lord, just play more than 2k!

Von Wibble
05-11-2011, 14:09
Just a quick question - how is Tamurkhan actually pronounced?

Is it Ta- murk- an (a bit like how George W Bush would say "the American" if trying to imitate a yorkshire accent)

Or is is Tam-u-kaan ?

Or something else?

Quinzy
05-11-2011, 14:49
I would pronounce it Tam-Ur-Khan, just like Dschin-Ghis-Khan.

[DaT]Seraf
07-11-2011, 18:31
a quick question:

i read the rules but im a bit confused

can a Chaos Great Host be lead by a Sorcerer Prophet of the Legion?
or what is the rule on page 167 saying?

its more a translation problem i guess: Can i use the Chaosdwarfs as a neutral army towards the paragon or can a Chaosdwarf be the paragon?

blood_beast
07-11-2011, 21:15
The rules are very vague and I don't think they have put enough thought into incorporating CD units in the Great Host rules. I believe that you would have to follow the rules for including CD in a WoC army AND the Great Host selection rules (ie you could include CD characters, infernal guard and war machines). Under these circumstances I do not see why a CD hero couldn't be the Paragon, if he met the requirements for being the general as well (highest LD). Hopefully there is some sort of FAQ from FW that fixes the omission of CDs from the Great Host rules, and says we can choose freely from the Legion of Azgorgh list as well as WoC, Doc & Beasts.

logan054
08-11-2011, 13:27
I did think you could include chaos dwarfs in the great chaos host, the only rules are fro including them in a standard WoC list, the rules for the host list seem very specific on what can be included, I might be wrong however.

Baragash
08-11-2011, 13:59
I read the Chalice of Darkness (Chalice of something anyway) magic item last night and the middle bit is just confusing.
D3 dice are removed - check
Then there's some talk about declaring who the dice belong to and rolling them for doubles, but I didn't really understand it.
I thought it might mean that you roll the removed CD dice and check for doubles, then you roll the removed non-CD dice and check for doubles?

Leth Shyish'phak
08-11-2011, 14:45
You roll a D3, declare that it is for power dice or dispel dice; that many of the appropriate dice are removed. You then roll another D3 for the other dice pool. If both dice roll 1 or both roll 6, you get the additional effect.

Baragash
08-11-2011, 15:07
Many thanks.

ivan55599
21-11-2011, 17:39
*Sigh* I'll give artificial respiration, although I'll get book before x-mas.
Did book mentioned anything about pointcost of rotbeasts (if daemons will take it) and toad dragons?

selone
22-12-2011, 15:51
Only way to get rotbeasts is to take a SC and yes. I am loving the book, so many ruels questions though :)

Dreadlordpaul
22-12-2011, 15:53
When I have a big enough chaos army and a bit of spare cash I will deffo get this book

lisaundead
22-12-2011, 21:36
I know that santa claus is bringing a certain someone (moi) the great tome this christmas, so I know for a fact that my growing WoC army will be aided and supplemented by my existing DoC army and my new Chaos Dwarves army!!!
The mortal loyalist world will fall to the Lords of Chaos in the New Year!!!

Muhahahahaaaaaaaaaa :skull:

lisaundead
22-12-2011, 21:38
Psssssst.....K'daai Destroyers, Iron daemons and Hellcannons agogo!!!!! :cheese:

Deamon-forge
22-12-2011, 21:45
I know that santa claus is bringing a certain someone (moi) the great tome this christmas, so I know for a fact that my growing WoC army will be aided and supplemented by my existing DoC army and my new Chaos Dwarves army!!!
The mortal loyalist world will fall to the Lords of Chaos in the New Year!!!

Muhahahahaaaaaaaaaa :skull:

same as me mine is sitting under the tree calling me! hate waiting when i know its here. i want it know!

lisaundead
22-12-2011, 22:49
Xmas day cant come fast enough for me!!
Gotta see the Chaos Dwarf LoA rules and how to tie them in with the WoC.
Most exciting thing that has happened to me for a LOOONGGGG time :(

Max_Killfactor
23-12-2011, 01:58
Yeah mine is waiting for me under the tree too.

I asked for a lot of Chaos Dwarfs from my parents and they didn't realize it was in pounds until they got their credit card bill... awesome. So I got more than I thought would.

It's going to be a good Christmas.

lisaundead
27-12-2011, 14:19
Well, Santa brought me the big red book and it is totally stunning>

Gonna get me some iron daemons and convert a K'daai Destroyer.
Will use my vanilla dwarves as infernal till I can afford some FW models *gulp* and the Bale Taurus.

Going to be wonderful but costly New Year.

Happy New Year everyone :D

selone
29-12-2011, 00:50
It is isn't it Lisaundead, one of the best boosk I've read for a long while.

lisaundead
29-12-2011, 11:10
It is a truly stunning boook. I have only read the Chaos Dwarf section, but I will get round to reading the rest, I promise.
It has given me soooooo many cool ideas for my Chaos Dwarf army, especially the monster conversions (K'daai Fireborn and Destroyers).

Just cant stop refering to it...glad its my birthday (21 again ;) ) so I can hope to boost my army with a couple of FW purchases.

Love it :p

lisaundead
29-12-2011, 11:23
Hopefully will get time to write my first Chaos Dwarf LoA list and post it, to get the ball rolling :p

lisaundead
02-01-2012, 17:43
Got my dainty little hands on 2 Hellcannons of Chaos and a Magma Cannon alternative/conversion project to add to my 3 K'daai Fireborns (Treekin) and K'daai Destroyer (Balrog)....muhahahahahahaaaaa!!!!

selone
04-01-2012, 14:59
Couple of quick questions

Where does it say in Tamurkhan that the Legion of Azgorh is an official army list? (the page reference some quote says nothing about it)
Is there a Tamurkhan FAQ? There are quite a few unanswered questions I have :)

GirathonB
04-01-2012, 22:24
Couple of quick questions

Where does it say in Tamurkhan that the Legion of Azgorh is an official army list? (the page reference some quote says nothing about it)
Is there a Tamurkhan FAQ? There are quite a few unanswered questions I have :)

It says it on page 105, on the page introducing the Campaign section.

And, no, there is no FAQ yet.

selone
05-01-2012, 03:16
Cheers (10 chars)

Rogzor87
05-01-2012, 04:07
I'm really looking forward to playing the "Hordes of Chaos" list in this book. Once I am able to afford it ):