PDA

View Full Version : Reavers or Trueborne

AnthonyLR13
28-09-2011, 20:21
i was wondering in a low point game (1500pts and below)

would a pack of 6 reavers be a wiser choice than say a unit of 10 truebornes with 2 dark lances?

Nurgling Chieftain
28-09-2011, 20:32
Gah, 10 trueborn with 2 dark lances probably shouldn't even be in the running. That's 170 points for two dark lances and some bodies with extra close combat attacks. It's not a good combination.

When people talk about trueborn they're usually talking about 4 trueborn with blasters in a venom. Alternatively, trueborn with a lot of splinter weapons.

6 reavers with two heat lances (or possibly two blasters) is a good choice, regardless.

AnthonyLR13
28-09-2011, 20:47
oh ok awesome that really clears things up for me also nurgling youve been so helpful i had some other questions

which do yall think is more effective in the assault and overall killing power in a 1000pt game, im trying to tweak my army list so its just right and am becoming totally confused as what to do with my CC part of my list, as so many people are saying so many different things in favor or against stuff.

so ive decided on 2 5 man warrior units with venoms, thats a for sure but im totally lost on everything else

what about wychs compared to wracks, is it a good idea to take both for troops or one of the other, and i have no idea what to do about my elite choices anymore haha

Boo Goes the Liche
29-09-2011, 06:14
i think wychs might be the better choice.

kargenetic
29-09-2011, 06:24
For CC, wyches are better than wracks. Wracks are good at holding objectives and coven-themes, but wyches will be superior in assault. Elites, you'll probably want the tried-and-true "blasterborn" (trueborn, blasters, and a venom) or a small squad of Incubi (good synergy with wyches, able to counterassault whatever the wyches have tarpitted. Incubi may be a bit too large of a point-investment at 1k and lower? I'd have to think some about that.

Reavers make great shooty fast attack (I prefer them to Scourges, but it goes either way) but again, beast units synergize with wyches in the same was as Incubi, shoring up your killiness in CC.

This is why I love DE, coincidentally. The reason you hear so many things is because so many things actually work. Try to figure out how you want your list to work (shooty, CC, kabal, cult, coven, etc) and build from there. Also, if you let us know what you're trying to do, we might be able to give you some more personalized advice :D

Nazguire
29-09-2011, 09:27
I'd lay down Reavers every time over Trueborn. Trueborn at the end of the day are still Warriors, albeit with slightly improved statistics. Reavers fulfill vital functions in the Dark Eldar force that Trueborn can never cover.

Max1mum
29-09-2011, 10:01
Did you consider the Lance Snipers ?

2 times 3 trueborn with 2 dark lances ?

It depends on your army if this option is viable, but i leave that up to you.