29-09-2011, 00:41
So here's what I have:

ORC WARBOSS
Bashas Axe
Armor of Destiny

SAVAGE ORC GREAT SHAMAN
Lucky Shrunken Head
Talisman of Preservation

48 SAVAGE ORC BIG UNS (includes both characters above)
w/musician and standard

40 BLACK ORCS
w/standard and musician
Banner of Eternal Flame

NIGHT GOBLIN BIG BOSS W/Great Weapon
Ironcurse Icon

NIGHT GOBLIN SHAMAN Level 2

92 NIGHT GOBLINS (includes all Goblin Bosses and Shaman above)
w/musician and nets
3 Fanatics

6 TROLLS (normal)

NIGHT GOBLIN BIG BOSS
w/Battle Standard

NIGHT GOBLIN SHAMAN Level 2

20 NIGHT GOBLINS (includes both Goblin characters above)
w/short bows

ARACHNAROK SPIDER

5 MANGLER SQUIGS

2 GOBLIN WOLF CHARIOTS

4 SPEAR CHUKKAS

3494 Pts.

The idea behind the 20 Night Goblins w/ BSB and Level 2 Shaman was to keep them behind the big units and move with them hopefully keeping the BSB around and out of danger for as long as possible. I'm sure it isn't perfect but I'm trying to go with a kind of universal army but I know I'll be facing more Chaos and Ogre players than anything else. Please post your thoughts. Thank you. :)

Bortus
30-09-2011, 02:56
Come on my friends, I know your out there. :)

Spazo
30-09-2011, 13:20
Do you really need two second level shaman?

I was trying to use them and think that they are not usefull. In most cases there is not enough power to cast anything but one or two spell in magic phase.
Maybe leave one of them home and instead paint Your general black? If you use big unit like this savage boys animosity really could be a pain in the neck.

Spearchukkas are now really "poor-mans choice" in artillery department. I advice some diversification, especially using some doom divers. They are great, because their accuracy.

What equipment for a savage orcs? Second choppa?

calnen
30-09-2011, 17:36
I may be missing something, but how are you allowed 5 mangler squigs? The limit on rare repeats is 4 for this size game..

Bortus
30-09-2011, 21:50
I may be missing something, but how are you allowed 5 mangler squigs? The limit on rare repeats is 4 for this size game..

I don't own the BRB so just going by what Army Builder allows and yes I know it's not 100% correct. Ok so if I cannot have more than 4 of a specific rare choice then there's extra points for something else. :)

As far as the savages go I am giving them additional hand weapons. Originally I had no artillery to speak of but heard here on Warseer that the chukkas are good against Moorfangs. Oh and the idea behind the extra Level 2 wizzie was for dispel dice not casting! :)