PDA

View Full Version : What next?

SeerOfWar
29-09-2011, 16:31
So, on the whole, Warhammer 40k: Space was a pretty good game, which got me thinking...
If another Warhammer 40k game was made, what race/ story would you want it to cover. Also what genre of game would you like. I think a well done Imperial Guard FPS (thinks of Fire Warrior *shudders* :cries: ) would be great :D

Lord Gabranth
29-09-2011, 16:44
would be really neat to see them do Warhammer 40K: Aspect Warrior. Playing as multiple aspects throughout the campaign and then having all the multiples to play as in multiplayer. Hell even to see a Tyranid based game would be ******** sweet as well.

Worship
29-09-2011, 17:03
I think an MMO would be cool, but that's already in the making.. (really hoping it's good)

Being an IG player, I think something with the guard would be cool as well.

Scaryscarymushroom
29-09-2011, 17:04
I want to see a battlefleet gothic computer game.

I'm imagining something that plays like a mix between Star Wars: Rogue Squadron, Dynasty Warriors, and Shogun.

Carlosophy
29-09-2011, 17:09
Id like to see a survival horror game where you play as an Inquisitor trapped on a Space Hulk. It would be like Dead Space but have Genestealers, Orks and Daemons as villains. You'd have upgradable psychic powers with no limit on their usage but if overutilised you would open a warp rift and have to battle whatever jumped out allowing for a risk/reward balance. Wargear would be OSP and you'd have a band of followers you could either use as cannon fodder or keep alive for rewards, such as a Jokaero who upgrades your weapons or crusaders who can act as sentries.

SeerOfWar
29-09-2011, 17:17
Id like to see a survival horror game where you play as an Inquisitor trapped on a Space Hulk. It would be like Dead Space but have Genestealers, Orks and Daemons as villains. You'd have upgradable psychic powers with no limit on their usage but if overutilised you would open a warp rift and have to battle whatever jumped out allowing for a risk/reward balance. Wargear would be OSP and you'd have a band of followers you could either use as cannon fodder or keep alive for rewards, such as a Jokaero who upgrades your weapons or crusaders who can act as sentries.

Yes yes and yes! A ship overrun with Nurglish followers would be awesome...You are given the choice to join the Forces of Chaos and turn on the Imperium :evilgrin:

Lord Gabranth
29-09-2011, 17:18
And Carlosophy for the win. Now my Idea seems bland compared to this.

Fence
29-09-2011, 18:20
The Space Hulk idea is nice.

I'd love a new Dawn of War, more similar to the first ones with updated models, especially Dark Eldars :P

Or Dawn of War but based on Fantasy Battles.

Or a game based on Necromunda, any kind of gameplay *_*

I'd prefer they stop using SpaceMarines, it's getting old lol

djc
29-09-2011, 18:37
A nice big, involving RPG

theJ
29-09-2011, 18:38
Well... there's a few who could work, each with their own focus. A few of my own favourites:
*We could have a "Storm Trooper". Less melee than Space Marine, but includes the options to go stealthy, make grav-chute insertions, and drive around in vehicles (something that would've been sweet to have in SM) to compensate.
*There could be either a remake or a spiritual sequel of the ol' "Firewarrior" game. Again, less melee, in fact, I'd imagine there'd be a big focus on staying away from said melee. Lots on shiny guns, tech(gadgets?), vehicles... in many ways a more extreme version of "Stormtrooper".
*Kabalite. Getting to play with a "pain meter" could be neat. Make lots of spectacular kills and you'll be a walking nightmare of rapidly regenerating arch-evilness, hide behind a rock and you may well end up 1-shotted by lasguns. Again there'd be a great opportunity for stealthy action.
*ORK. You'd get some truly insane if non-aimable shootas, and sick-looking choppas with which to do what Orkz do best to them runty 'umies. Include some classic orky humour, phat lewt, 'unsafe' vehicles and lots of brutality. I wouldn't expect a very intricate plot, but you'll have to admit it'd be a blast to play :)

Godzooky
29-09-2011, 18:43
A game where you can run around and jack Imperial walkers would be good.

Grand Theft Auto... cannon... :shifty:

GingerBalls
29-09-2011, 18:51
An inquisitorial RPG or action/adventure game sounds awesome. Maybe an Eisenhorn game?

SeerOfWar
29-09-2011, 18:53
Eisenhorn the Game! Genious :D

sidcom
29-09-2011, 18:59
40k game IŽd love to see would be like Mechwarrior, but with Titans instead of Mechs and in 40k setting. You would start campaing in small (Knight) class titans (that could be few first tutorial missions) and as you progress and rose up through the ranks, you would gain access to bigger and bigger Titans, care about your crew and gunners (maybe they can get xp too) and manage other things on your warmachine between the missions, change weapon loadouts, upgrades, manage repairs etc.

As you progress through the campaing, you would encounter variety of opponents, dreadnaughts, carnifexes, kans and other "smaller" stuff in firts missions, later you would fight with smaller scout titans, daemon lords and such, in later parts of the campaing where you become princeps in Warlord titan (and Imperator in few final missions) you would fight huge adversaries like Chaos Imperators and such.

With lively animated battlefield full of smaller vehicles all around you (they would be really small from Imperator view so you dont need such details on them so computers can draw them in huge numbers)

Add some story (Invasion campaing on planet XY would be sufficient), DLC or sequels for other races like Eldar titans, multiplayer and I can tell I would give my left hand for game like this :D

Warboss Fugnutz
29-09-2011, 19:42

^This.

Could go deeper into the dark eldar mythos.

I'd love anything ork-centric, but I can accept that they're bordering on being overdone as well (sad, since their over-doneness is due to appearance in every SM game!).

Tyranids, especially, would be a great game. Playing a hive-mentality-driven storyline would be unique enough to grab my attention.

RunepriestRidcully
29-09-2011, 19:57
Battle fleet gothic computer game please...
and perhaps see if the total war team would be interested in a 40k or fantasy total war game? that would be brilliant.

Voss
29-09-2011, 19:58
^This.

Could go deeper into the dark eldar mythos.

For a mass-market computer/console game? Uh... not likely.:eek:

M'ichal
29-09-2011, 20:10
I want to see a nice RPG (Inquisition or something?)

Bingo the Fun Monkey
29-09-2011, 20:17
I like the Grand Theft Auto (Cannon) idea. Just a free for all RPG where you run around the imperium, doing things that would so obviously be against the law BUT, you have an =I= sign so it's all good.

nedsta
29-09-2011, 21:24
The Space Hulk idea is nice.

I'd love a new Dawn of War, more similar to the first ones with updated models, especially Dark Eldars :P

Or Dawn of War but based on Fantasy Battles.

Or a game based on Necromunda, any kind of gameplay *_*

They were making a necromunda game years ago (think maybe around 1997-1998 ish) but apart from a small video I saw in Bugmans around that time, I never heard anything else about it and assumed it was quietly scrapped.

Lord Gabranth
30-09-2011, 00:26
God the more I think about it, having a Tyranid based game would be so amazing. Like a mix of alien vs predator and escape from butcher bay. And btw is Relic working on a sequal to SM or is it just current wishful thinking?