PDA

View Full Version : 2500 Marauder-coated Chosen

Rasclomalum
29-09-2011, 20:43
General: Sorcerer Lord: Level 4, MoT, Disc of Tzeentch, Chaos Runesword, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Bloodcurdling Roar, Conjoined Homunculus.

450 points of awesomeness. Possibly too awesome, but able to do a lot of nasty stuff and fairly survivable. Is dropping the disc a viable alternative?

BSB: Exalted Hero, MoT, Halberd, Battle Standard, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon, Stream of Corruption.

209 points. Goes with the Chosenstar to provide that sweet extra punch.

Chosenstar Cheesy Assclownery: 20 Chosen, MoT, Shields, Halberds, Full Command, Wailing Banner, Favour of the Gods.

525 points of ultra-killy point denial in classy armour. Led by the BSB, they should laugh at pretty much anything coming their way, cannonballs included what with the Ironcurse Icon. Of course, the Blasted Standard is always a possible alternative here.

Dual Warshrines of Tzeentch

150 points apiece, they sit at the flanks of the Chosen and do what warshrines do.

Dual Marauder anvils: Each of these has 40 Marauders, MoT, Full Command and Shields. 240 points per unit. They are protecting the flank of the flank, so to speak, so they're at each side of the dual warshrines for awesome symmetry. Dropping the disc for the Sorcerer Lord and having him provide killiness at the front of one of these tarpits could perhaps be a viable path to take?

Obligatory Khorne Lumberjacks: 250 points means 40 angry men with MoK, Great Weapons and Full Command. The second hammer of the outfit.

Dual Slaanesh orgasmic riders: 96 points apiece, these two units of five each come decked with MoS, Musician, Shields, Spears and Throwing Spears. Two fast cavalry units should be enough to take out warmachine threats, and chucking spears seems like a fun thing to do.

Triple Warhounds: Three units of 5 warhounds each, 90 points worth of pincushion should hopefully win back the points.

2496 points in total. Worth it?

Morax
29-09-2011, 21:49
Your sorcerer lord is rather fragile at the moment and is in serious danger of being wacked by a couple of errant cannonballs. He is going to need more then a 6++ to survive. A talisman of preservation or golden eye of tzeentch would be the least I would give him. I protect mine with a golden eye of tzeentch and the crimson armor of dargan.

Your BSB presents a way to save some points if you are looking to change things up a bit. First he has an enchanted shield which he cannot use (halberds being two handed and all). Second he going in the chosenstar, the expenditure of a talisman of endurance to get him a ++ save is not really needed as they should get a 3++ first turn. You could also swap the wailing banner on the unit for something and then take the shrieking blade on the BSB. This would let you keep your enchanted shield for a 2+, you would free up a banner slot for something like the blasted standard, he would still have a 3++ save before it made a differance, you would still be able to reroll 10's on the eye of the gods table as he would cause fear, and it would save you close to 70 points.

Rest of it looks pretty standard.

zielonkak
30-09-2011, 21:31
i like idea, but lord needs a little better protection though....chosen will laugh a lot

Rasclomalum
30-09-2011, 22:49
Rest of it looks pretty standard.

True enough.

A somewhat non-standard approach would be this crazed Cult of Tzeentch:

General: 4th level Sorcerer Lord, MoT, Talisman of Preservation, Chaos Runesword, Charmed Shield, Bloodcurdling Roar. 410 points.

Goes in the 38 marauder unit. Spellcasting and killiness. Is survivability still a problem here?

BSB: Exalted Hero, Battle Standard, MoT, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon, Shrieking Blade, Enchanted Shield, Stream of Corruption. 215 points.

Goes in the 38 marauder unit and provides additional killing ability.

21 Forsaken:

Definitely non-standard. Fluff-wise they make a lot of sense in a Tzeentch-themed list though. 378 points.

Dual Tzeentch Warshrines

150 points apiece. Dole out blessings and protect flanks.

Dual 40-man Marauder Hordes of Tzeentch: Great Weapon, FC, MoT.

240 points apiece. May not be as killy as their Khorne counterparts, but fluff is sometimes king.

40 Anvil Marauders: Shield, MoT, FC.

Tarpit.

38 Anvil Marauders: Shield, MoT, FC.

Tarpit, Mage Bunker, probably the main benefactor of blessings.

6 Marauder Horsemen: Shield, Spear, Throwing Spears, MoT.

122 points of harassment.

4 units of Warhounds.

Since the list landed at 2495 points, the remaining five points have been spent on Scaly Skin for one of the Warhound units.

2500 points.

zielonkak
30-09-2011, 23:13
i like the first list better....the chosen block rocked

OldMaster
01-10-2011, 00:54
Naah if you're gonna go the Forsaken way you need to fill your max Rare allowance with Spawns and Warshrines :D

Also by the way, Warshrines don't need flank protection. Their survivability is comparable to small Land Raiders. With tentacles.

Liber
01-10-2011, 01:29
General: Sorcerer Lord: Level 4, MoT, Disc of Tzeentch, Chaos Runesword, Charmed Shield, Talisman of Preservation, Bloodcurdling Roar, Conjoined Homunculus.

450 points of awesomeness. Possibly too awesome, but able to do a lot of nasty stuff and fairly survivable. Is dropping the disc a viable alternative?

BSB: Exalted Hero, MoT, Halberd, Battle Standard, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Endurance, Ironcurse Icon, Stream of Corruption.

209 points. Goes with the Chosenstar to provide that sweet extra punch.

Chosenstar Cheesy Assclownery: 20 Chosen, MoT, Shields, Halberds, Full Command, Wailing Banner, Favour of the Gods.

525 points of ultra-killy point denial in classy armour. Led by the BSB, they should laugh at pretty much anything coming their way, cannonballs included what with the Ironcurse Icon. Of course, the Blasted Standard is always a possible alternative here.

Dual Warshrines of Tzeentch

150 points apiece, they sit at the flanks of the Chosen and do what warshrines do.

Dual Marauder anvils: Each of these has 40 Marauders, MoT, Full Command and Shields. 240 points per unit. They are protecting the flank of the flank, so to speak, so they're at each side of the dual warshrines for awesome symmetry. Dropping the disc for the Sorcerer Lord and having him provide killiness at the front of one of these tarpits could perhaps be a viable path to take?

Obligatory Khorne Lumberjacks: 250 points means 40 angry men with MoK, Great Weapons and Full Command. The second hammer of the outfit.

Dual Slaanesh orgasmic riders: 96 points apiece, these two units of five each come decked with MoS, Musician, Shields, Spears and Throwing Spears. Two fast cavalry units should be enough to take out warmachine threats, and chucking spears seems like a fun thing to do.

Triple Warhounds: Three units of 5 warhounds each, 90 points worth of pincushion should hopefully win back the points.

2496 points in total. Worth it?

I like it. Its intimidating as all hell, and unusually symmetrical.

It seems flexible as well, with a good number of units, fast cav and warhounds to take care of any odd gaps that may arise as well as mis-directing purposes...

I say go for it, i don't care if its cheesey, i plan on running 5 war machines in my 2500 pt dwarf force :evilgrin:

Sexiest_hero
01-10-2011, 03:40
Only play this list at the Ultra competitive lvl! Let people know before hand if it's a friendly game.

Morax
03-10-2011, 20:16
The second list is deffinately non-standard. The survivability of the sorcerer lord is not an issue in a unit as he is protected from cannonballs with his LOS roll backed by a charmed shield.

I would give your BSB a MoT, talisman of endurance, favor of the gods, and the shrieking blade. That would let the unit he joins get a reroll on 10's and anything you roll on the first shrine. Put him in the unit with great weapons as you will need a second hamer unit that hits hard and has survivability. If you roll a 11 or 12 you will begood to go with a unit of marauders with a 3++ at strength 5. As you said, maybe not as killy as thier khorne friends but I'll take that awesome save any day of the week.