PDA

View Full Version : Advanced Space Crusade - Anyone got it?

nedius
29-09-2011, 20:03
Hey all,

As the title suggests, does anyone have Advanced Space Crusade? Or at least remember it well?

I had a copy when I was about 11 or 12, but was too young to get my head around it at the time. I got rid of it, never fully understanding the game.

However, having come across a reasonable copy on Ebay, I am now ready to relive my childhood and learn how to play this game properly!

Was wondering if anyone else out there has it, or any experience with it?

CyberShadow
05-10-2011, 10:12
Advanced Space Crusade remains one of my absolute favourite GW games of all time. However, I think that I am alone in this. I even brought it up with Jervis one time, and even he is not a huge fan of it. If I could only play two GW games, they would ASC and Epic Armageddon.

Dai-Mongar
05-10-2011, 10:28
I have a copy, never played it though. Apparently a woman came into the FLGS of the time and gave the owner a pile of old GW games, including ASC, 1st ed Space Hulk with both expansions, AHQ, Tyranid Attack and others. I snapped up what I could at the time.

nedius
05-10-2011, 19:26
Well, I've now got 1st, 2nd and 3rd ed space hulk, Advanced Space Crusade and Tyranid Attack.

I'm hoping to get some folk to play it with me, but need to bug them a bit yet. ADC was missing the Tyranid Hive Network, so I'm having to use a rather poor image of one I found via google images. Trying to get my head around the rules playing solo so far, but seems interesting.

Tyranid Attack seems more like a space hulk variant - models work in much the same way, just slightly differently.... A teminator still rolls 1D6, but gets +2 to the role for the powerfist, whereas a genestealer rolls 4D6 rather than 3, and can move 8. Am looking forward to messing around with the rules and playing Space Hulk with the ADC and TA rules, and vice-versa.

Might have to start a project log to cover this...

CyberShadow
05-10-2011, 19:34
At one point I expanded my ASC set as much as I could. I picked up about 3 sets of Space Hulk First edition, Genestealer, Deathwing, and Second edition, just for the huge board that would give me to play ASC on. If you do start a blog, post a link here, and let me know how you get on with ASC. I do have TA too, but the thin board and slimmed down rules are not to my taste.

Harwammer
06-11-2011, 10:22
I played it a couple of times. It was good. I've ebayed it since though.

You should check out this thread for some nostalgia/inspiration http://warhammer.org.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93019

corps
29-10-2012, 22:46
i love lost it to pay student bills at the time became nostalgique now and i look on ebay and i was shock ten times the price of the nineties same goes for warlord? "maitre de guerre" in french and all games in partnership with MB. so it lost for me a shame it was fun.