PDA

View Full Version : new world eaters army-paint scheme

greenskinned git
30-09-2011, 00:24
So over the last couple weeks I went a bit off the deep end and picked up a couple partial used chaos armies. Most are just primered. I now have:

a demon prince
several lords

2 chaos marine squads
1 thousand son squad
5 possessed marines
80 bezerkers
10 bloodletters
1 bike
3 defilers
1 vindicator
1 pred w/ autocannons
1 rhino.

So obviously with that many bezerkers, world eaters seems like the ticket. The question is, do I start painting everything red and bronze or blue and white? I'm thinking about going for a mid heresy sort of scheme so they haven't completely fallen yet, but the chaos taint is growing - demons and defilers starting to show up, bunny ears on the helms etc.

Or should I do something else?
Opinions? Thanks!

Lord Gabranth
30-09-2011, 00:34
I like the idea of mid heresy color scheme where the top half of the torsos and arms would be blue white and spattered with blood and then the lower half of their bodies would be blood red with blood spatter and brass from where the blood has coroded the metal, like they were just slogging through knee deep of gore. :evilgrin:

BLOOD FOR THE BUNNY EAR HELMET GOD!!!!!

samiens
30-09-2011, 00:35
Unless its been retconned defilers weren't around in the heresy.

Frankly I think you could justify either scheme so id pick the one you'll enjoy painting more

Mannimarco
30-09-2011, 00:42
Unless its been retconned defilers weren't around in the heresy.

Frankly I think you could justify either scheme so id pick the one you'll enjoy painting more

Defilers made their appearence at the citadel of the Kromarch IIRC so thats a long time after the WE got their bunny helms.

Personally Id just stick with the red and brass scheme, if they have turned enough to have the bunny helm (skull rune of Khorne) then they have turned enough to get the red and brass colour scheme.

atraphos
30-09-2011, 00:56
If they are mostly all primed black, then the quickest way forward may be Black Legion with legion specific shoulder pads...depends on the inclusion of the T Sons squad I guess. Just a thought.

herbtarkel
30-09-2011, 04:46
With that many Berzerkers, I would get a can of Army Painter Red and spray the whole army red, paint details, and use Dark Tone. Then matte varnish, and highlight to your heart's content.

Sell the Thousand Sons and the Chaos Marines. Then run, run, run until you get gore all over your chain-axes! :)

You will have a post-Heresy army, but the Defilers mean it is post-Heresy anyway.

BFTBG!

AlphariusOmegon20
01-10-2011, 18:43
Defilers made their appearence at the citadel of the Kromarch IIRC so thats a long time after the WE got their bunny helms.

Personally Id just stick with the red and brass scheme, if they have turned enough to have the bunny helm (skull rune of Khorne) then they have turned enough to get the red and brass colour scheme.

Marco, isn't there a pic in Horus Hersy visions that shows Bunny Helms in the blue and white scheme?

I don't have my book handy, but I could swear that there's a pic in there.

SteelTitan
01-10-2011, 19:13
With that many Berzerkers, I would get a can of Army Painter Red and spray the whole army red, paint details, and use Dark Tone. Then matte varnish, and highlight to your heart's content.

That's my plan once I start playing WE!
I'm not a fan of dark paint schemes, which most WE armies tend to have so I'm thinking of:

1. Army Painter Red
2. A wash (don't know which one yet)
3. Drybrush highlights with blood red, followed by blazing orange
4. Details (maybe tinbitz and then chainmail?)