PDA

View Full Version : Trouble Getting models

Axeman1n
02-10-2011, 00:22
Hey, I recently ordered some Thousand Sons from my FLGS, and it's been over a month and they haven't come in yet. Does anyone else have problems getting models like this? I've never had to wait more than 2 weeks for anything that was "in stock" before. Does this mean they are no longer "in stock"?

agurus1
02-10-2011, 02:14
did you call them to ask where the hell your mini's are?

AndrewGPaul
02-10-2011, 11:02
GW's website says "Availability: Usually ships within 24 hours. " which suggests to me that they're still available and in stock. Whether they're available to resellers is a different matter.

Axeman1n
02-10-2011, 12:57
Said something about back order, but I haven't talked to the manager, only his lackies. I'll be calling him tomorrow about it.

Lord Gabranth
02-10-2011, 17:28
I have had that happen with a few things every now and again but only when my LGSs distributor is out of the item and has multiple orders of that item to fill

Zothos
02-10-2011, 23:34
trade sale orders and orders that go to gw directly come from 2 different stockpiles. As I understand it, gws direct order business always has more of any given item available as they make more money selling it to you for full retail than they make selling it to a hobby store at a discount.

The effect of this is that your flgs may not get some items for quite some time while you can get them immediately from GW itself.

Its especially true with some finecast models and strangely enough large oval bases....

herbtarkel
02-10-2011, 23:43
In Canada, as everything comes from the US now, as long as you aren't using a shop that gets its stuff from a distributor like Lion Rampant or Alliance, the models if available and not Direct Only, should be to your local shop within a week. It's that simple. Maybe your local shop isn't on good terms, or something. That happens. If you haven't given them your money, go crazy and get it direct from GW and enjoy them within days.
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440209a&prodId=prod1095442

Says 24 hours, no Direct Only logo (the Citadel box in a circle), so there should be no problem. Also, they are expensive enough that you would get free shipping, so that makes it even easier, right?

I am surprised that you waited a month.!

Axeman1n
03-10-2011, 09:45
I got a discount at my FLGS, and I like keeping them in buisness. Totally forgot to call. I have to remember to call in the morning.

Konovalev
03-10-2011, 15:00
I ordered a GK brother-captain and draigo from the GW online store 2 months ago. Last week the captain showed up with a note that my order for draigo was cancelled since he was out of stock... I would have cancelled my order and waited for draigo to come back in stock if I had known, but I suppose that was the point.

GingerBalls
03-10-2011, 20:52
I've been trying to get a Kaldor Draigo from my local for the last 2 months. Apparently they're having trouble filling order since they had to scrap so many of the first finecast attempts.

xxRavenxx
03-10-2011, 21:12
I got a discount at my FLGS, and I like keeping them in buisness. Totally forgot to call. I have to remember to call in the morning.

This could explain it.

Your local store isn't a GW store, but an indie?

They can't order you a box of 1ksons in from GW, and would have to get it from mail order. I cannot imagine them selling you the items at a discount, as they would lose money from the sale.

I'd double check whats going on if this is the case...

herbtarkel
04-10-2011, 04:27
This could explain it.

Your local store isn't a GW store, but an indie?

They can't order you a box of 1ksons in from GW, and would have to get it from mail order. I cannot imagine them selling you the items at a discount, as they would lose money from the sale.

I'd double check whats going on if this is the case...

Thousand Sons aren't a Direct Only item, though. They don't have the box and circle "Citadel" logo. Therefore, they should be available from GW as any other item is. And the store will have the same 40% markup available to them on the sale. Unless they ordered from Alliance, but if they are a store of any size, they will have a trade account with GW. They aren't Crapfailcast either, yet ... , so there shouldn't be any delays for that.

How much of a discount?

Axeman1n
04-10-2011, 08:52
It was an annual sale for 20% off GW. I jumped on it to get two new armies, Thousand Sons and Ogre Kingdoms. I know I can find 25% off, with free shipping but I figured the 5% was worth paying to keep the roof over our collective table.
I called today, and the Owner said that the distributor had just sent them last week and they should be arriving any day now. /bounce. Now I just have to get some battlefoam to match.

herbtarkel
04-10-2011, 13:28
It was an annual sale for 20% off GW. I jumped on it to get two new armies, Thousand Sons and Ogre Kingdoms. I know I can find 25% off, with free shipping but I figured the 5% was worth paying to keep the roof over our collective table.
I called today, and the Owner said that the distributor had just sent them last week and they should be arriving any day now. /bounce. Now I just have to get some battlefoam to match.

Sounds like it's all sorted then!